Paintbucket problem with version 6
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Paintbucket problem with version 6

I got Photoshop version 6 the other day, and I'm learning how to use Photoshop by learning from a book called "Draw Manga: step-by-step on your computer" and this is the first time I've ever had Photoshop.

After coloring a girl with a flesh tone, I was supposed to use a darker flesh tone to color in areas that were pre-determined by whoever drew the original image; I am instructed to use the paintbucket tool to select these specific areas on her face, arms and hands, but whenever I use ther paintbucket tool it fills the entire page.

What am I doing wrong, and how do I correct it?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Use the selection tool to mask her face then use the paint bucket, what you're doing is called "color flats". If you paint her clothes with a single color then her hair with another you can later select each part you want to color by using the magic wand, this way you don't have to constantly keep dialing layers or selecting everything.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Portus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Portus View Post
    Use the selection tool to mask her face then use the paint bucket, what you're doing is called "color flats". If you paint her clothes with a single color then her hair with another you can later select each part you want to color by using the magic wand, this way you don't have to constantly keep dialing layers or selecting everything.
    Thanks Portus, I'll look into that this weekend. I don't have time during the week, because I'm in school until later at night and I leave in the mornings. I appreciate your help!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.