Untitled Piece

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Untitled Piece

Thanks

Untitled Piece

It started out and just a doodle, but occasionally they have a mind of their own and take off. This one was done completely in PSCS5. This is the first thing I have submitted on here, I hope to submit more in the future.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,687 Times in 1,646 Posts
    Well, it looks pretty okay, but I have to say that for me, the painfully obvious Stroke effect looks bad. On the lower part cubes it's not as much bad but really noticeable, but in the lower part of the hair it's way too thick and ruins the ending curls on at least the one on the left, making it just a big blob of black. On the upper part the blue glowing lines makes it look better but the blue lines themselves look wavy and uncertain, probably caused by you not being familiar with the vector/Pen tools. Also the lines seem oddly smudged on several places.

The eye makeup seems slightly crude compared to the colouring on the face itself, and the left side of her head keeps continuing even though it should be covered by the blue ear piece. Also if you're going to use glow etc effects, you could use the lineart to your advantage more. Like the glowing stripes on her neck, the lineart itself could be white, instead of black. You could also try using extremely thin lineart, doing the while lower jaw in the same sort of line as the nose.

Also, when trying to go for extreme symmetry... make sure you actually make the marking symmetrical too. The blue facelines end up in different spots in the jaw.

"I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

Thanks
    Hey this is a really cool concept, and I'm loving the colors!

I agree with TinyBird's observations, and I also see that there are some perspective issues in the city. I'm a little rusty on perspective, but I drew some red lines to show how the lines that should be somewhat parallel are intersecting in the wrong places (if they are continued out). Really, they should intersect at the vanishing points. Also, I red-lined TinyBird's comment on the ear piece, because I noticed that, too, and it's a pretty easy fix.

Can't wait to see more progress!

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Yeah its actually one of my goals to work toward is getting rid of my "line art safety-net" I have made a couple of attempts in the past but it never looks quite right to me. I probably wont work on this one anymore because it was just a doodle anyway and school starts again on Tuesday so I dont think I'll have the time honestly. But I will start posting more on here I think since I'll have lots of assignments! Are you supposed to do one thread per piece, or one per person?

Thanks
    One thread per piece is what people usually do in the WIP section

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.