Quote Originally Posted by knut- View Post

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Currently... Finntroll.

Followed very closely by Dark Tranquility

And Agalloch.

Those are my current favorites. It's not a permanent thing.

Jordan Beeston
    Sketchbook Livestream Infinity Wars
    Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing. - Camille Pissarro

Quote Originally Posted by kev ferrara View Post
    We do transmutational yoga and eat alchemy sandwiches and ride flying unicorns of esoteric freudian solipsism while googling anthropology. Whee!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm a Radiohead fan and I'm posting in your thread, DEAL WITH IT.

Second of all, I have like a million favourite bands but right now The Books win. This song is better listened to in the context of the whole album but oh well!

I AM WHO I AM AND WHAT I AM AND I WILL BE WHAT I WILL BE

This one's a little less abrasive.

We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out.
    - Ray Bradbury

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by littlebones View Post
    I'm a Radiohead fan and I'm posting in your thread, DEAL WITH IT.
    Radiohead are the Jack Daniels and Coke of the Rock world.

Last edited by olivercartwright; August 29th, 2011 at 07:07 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by olivercartwright View Post
    Horrible music. Radiohead are the Jack Daniels and Coke of the Rock world. Go and listen to some Black Sabbath, they set the standard.
    But I don't really like Black Sabbath very much! Hmmm... it's almost as if musical taste is subjective or something!

Mmmm sooo good I just wanna rub it all over the parts of my brain that process auditory information while drinking a jack & coke.

We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out.
    - Ray Bradbury

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Supplementing my lack of testosterone:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Horrible music. Radiohead are the Jack Daniels and Coke of the Rock world. Go and listen to some Black Sabbath, they set the standard.
    I don't like to say this but you are obviously coming from the troll-ish realms of the internet.

Telling someone that their favourite band is horrible is obnoxious; when the band in question has been creating influencing music for 25 years, wrote OK computer and gave their 2007 n°1 charting album for free on the internet, facepalms are had.

Saying Radiohead and Muse in the same breath proves you have listened very little to either.

Making a thread for people to post their favourite bands but putting self contradictory arbitrary exclusive rules in the title and then complaining that people don't respect them when you are the one posting an already existing topic in the wrong section is again self indulgent.

Going back and erasing every single thread post you made after people have replied to it is childish, safe and self centered.

Here's some nice tunes, too bad you can't edit out this post I guess.

Last edited by SM; August 29th, 2011 at 08:24 AM.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by SoufMeng View Post
    I don't like to say this but you are obviously coming from the troll-ish realms of the internet.

Telling someone that their favourite band is horrible is obnoxious; when the band in question has been creating influencing music for 25 years, wrote OK computer and gave their 2007 n°1 charting album for free on the internet, facepalms are had.

Saying Radiohead and Muse in the same breath proves you have listenned very little to either.

Making a thread for people to post their favourite bands but putting self contradictory arbitrary exclusive rules in the title and then complaining that people don't respect them when you are the one posting an already existing topic in the wrong section is again self indulgent.

Going back and erasing every single thread post you made after people have replied to it is childish, safe and self centered.

Here's some nice tunes, too bad you can't edit out this post I guess.
    I have listened to them extensively, to come to the conclusion they are overhyped. I started this thread to hopefully expose some good bands, that are doing something different. As usual though, this thread has turned into the cliché I expected, having Radiohead and Muse plastered all over the pages. I have listened to so much music in my time, across all genres and it still baffles me why these two bands are so popular. Showing me Radiohead again clearly shows you haven't listened to any music. It's like asking someone what their favorite metal band is and they say Metallica.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have listened to them extensively, to come to the conclusion they are overhyped. I started this thread to hopefully expose some good bands, that are doing something different. As usual though, this thread has to turned into the cliché I expected, having Radiohead and Muse plastered all over the page. I have listened to so much music in my time, across all genres and it still baffles me why these two bands are so popular. Showing me Radiohead again clearly shows you haven't listened to any music. It's like asking someone what their favorite metal band is and they say Metallica.
    I have seen many forum posts in my time, across all internets and it still baffles me why this attitude still exists.

Name:  Stop-liking-what-I-dont-like.jpg
Views: 13387
Size:  206.9 KB

Also, I have a new favorite band. The Beaker sextet. He so sexy - all six of him.

Jordan Beeston
    Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing. - Camille Pissarro

We do transmutational yoga and eat alchemy sandwiches and ride flying unicorns of esoteric freudian solipsism while googling anthropology. Whee!

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Beeston For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have listened to them extensively, to come to the conclusion they are overhyped. I started this thread to hopefully expose some good bands, that are doing something different. As usual though, this thread has turned into the cliché I expected, having Radiohead and Muse plastered all over the pages. I have listened to so much music in my time, across all genres and it still baffles me why these two bands are so popular. Showing me Radiohead again clearly shows you haven't listened to any music. It's like asking someone what their favorite metal band is and they say Metallica.
    The reason it's all Radiohead is because you get all mad about it and it's funny.

But enough about Radiohead, let's take a moment to appreciate some true musical genius.

My favourite.

- Ray Bradbury

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're trying too hard. When you ask people to post favourite artists they don't think in terms of "overhyped" or whatever, they post stuff they like the most.
    Your posts, vocabulary and your ignorant: "you haven't listened to any music" demonstrates that you approached the whole thing with a politic-ish agenda.

Overhyped is a very stupid word, very very stupid. People have different lives, their lives contribute to their tastes and their tastes get them together around artists who express aesthetics of life that they respond to. You could have made the same thread but just let people post whatever they like and gotten more positive replies minus the radiohead backlash. Let people be mediocre so you can be more special.

Live and let live, I'm gonna take my advice too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by SoufMeng View Post
    You're trying too hard. When you ask people to post favourite artists they don't think in terms of "overhyped" or whatever, they post stuff they like the most.
    Your posts, vocabulary and your ignorant: "you haven't listened to any music" demonstrates that you approached the whole thing with a politic-ish agenda.

Overhyped is a very stupid word, very very stupid. People have different lives, their lives contribute to their tastes and their tastes get them together around artists who express aesthetics of life that they respond to. You could have made the same thread but just let people post whatever they like and gotten more positive replies minus the radiohead backlash. Let people be mediocre so you can be more special.

Live and let live, I'm gonna take my advice too.
    I didn't know it was controversial to not like Radiohead.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    olivercartwright has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Your favourite Radiohead song - in the LOUNGE forum of ConceptArt.org Forums.
    Sour.

Jordan Beeston

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Beeston For This Useful Post:

TinyBird is offline Why you gotta be an angry burd Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,652 Times in 1,617 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    And once again he removed half of his posts and the OP. What's the point of that, seeing how everybody quoted you which makes it obvious that you delete everything but yet hides nothing?

"I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 Times in 3,593 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Nah, but it sounds like

is that we

? Are you

?

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, this is my last post on this forum. Goodbye

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olivercartwright For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I for one might miss you. You were so superb at juxtaposing your elitist attitude with such embarrassing conduct, punctuating in all the wrong places and failing to capitalize your username - it reminded me that of all the people in the world who pretended to be smart but was not, I wasn't the worst of them. Then again I might not miss you.

Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thread is now the unofficial official Radiohead appreciation station thread, all Radiohead, all the time.

(I didn't draw Thom Yorke - this guy did.)

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by littlebones; August 29th, 2011 at 09:37 AM.

- Ray Bradbury

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, it's not like we're missing a whole lot.

Jordan Beeston

TinyBird is offline Why you gotta be an angry burd Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeston View Post
    Well, now we're missing that little lot we had before.
    Beautiful: http://conceptart.org/forums/search....rchid=12044239

Comic!
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

Thanks
    Thanked 1,779 Times in 848 Posts
    Follows
    Following

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Raoul Duke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I drew my friend with a Radiohead bear face for his birthday this year.

Maybe next year I'll draw him with a radio....head.

My Sketchbook

And then God said, "Let us make man in our likeness and our image. Let us make him ridiculously hard to draw so that poor artists everywhere will have to spend 10,000+ hours failing repeatedly before they can begin to capture the form and likeness onto a two-dimensional surface." And there was man. And it was good. And artists everywhere lost their minds.

Elwell is offline Sticks Like Grim Death Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,666 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Since you've said that before, and had trouble sticking to it, lets make that official, shall we?

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

31. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Elwell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HAHAHA wow I went to bed and this thread got even better overnight.

Hey buddy, let me offer you a life lesson here. People will like things you think are "bad". People will also think the things you like are "bad". You might think that they're stupid for doing so. Well guess what, other people will think the exact thing of you. Especially when it comes to something as subjective as music.

I fucking hate muse / radiohead, etc, but I know plenty of other people love it, and probably fucking hate what I listen to. The reason you get so pissy over it is because your ego is so big, and this thing called cognitive dissonance is coming into play. The very fact someone likes something you don't is challenging to you, so you have to tell yourself that it's absolutely horrible and they're dumb.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to clarithium For This Useful Post:

SM

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn it Elwell I was going to ban him for a week to find a sense of humour and now you've beaten me to it. You're no fun.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 871 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Oh god when I saw the title I thought that Radiohead broke up and that made me so very sad. Here's to betting the OP is like 13. It's cool that a 13 year old likes Isis but it sucks that he's such a dick. And lol at calling my taste ordinary. There's plenty of obscure shit that I listen to but no matter how much I enjoy them, they didn't write Animals or Sgt Pepper! You have to have musical priorities... RIO and dronegaze on the weekends, The Beatles on week days.

And as for Radiohead vs Black Sabbath or even Radiohead vs any rock band, why compare them? I'm a huge fan of Sabbath and I've probably heard way more of their albums than I should have (meaning all of their great albums plus a bunch of their shitty ones! ) and probably more than you have, in fact. But both Radiohead and Sabbath were very influential in very different genres, Radiohead in crossover prog, Brit pop, electronic, and electronic rock with a whole lot of different fuzing of different genres. Meanwhile, Black Sabbath gave birth to stoner doom metal, and heavy metal in general. Take mind, though, that when they're debut came out it was still called "hard rock" and all of the hippies hated it! Hahaha

The point is, there's no need to only like one kind of music. Some days I feel like listening to Bob Dylan, other days I feel like listening to Akercocke, and other days I feel like listening to Magma. And that's the way I like it!

P.s. Radiohead rule.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Kobryn View Post
    Here's to betting the OP is like 13.
    Actually, he's 26/27. Remember checking his website during the "schooling is worthless" thing.

Comic!
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

38. The Following User Says Thank You to TinyBird For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's sort of sad as his portfolio thread wasn't bad (I might even have approved it) and even that is decimated.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 4