My favourite band is better than yours
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 94
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 10 Times in 2 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    My favourite band is better than yours

    (Original post deleted by original poster. Evidently is was something like POST YOUR FAVORITE BAND AND OH BTW THEY SUCK)


    Last edited by Elwell; August 29th, 2011 at 10:50 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  2. #2
    TinyBird's Avatar
    TinyBird is offline Why you gotta be an angry burd Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    HELLsinki, Finland
    Posts
    4,764
    Thanks
    338
    Thanked 2,660 Times in 1,621 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    "I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    4,543
    Thanks
    2,307
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 871 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Does it have to be a band or do solo artists count?

    Anyway, bands only until I get an answer:

    Sigur Ros





    Pink Floyd





    The Beatles


    <- I love the final song but this version is so beautiful!


    Radiohead





    I'm a huge fan of Isis, by the way. Good call. There are a million more bands, and a ton of other solo artists like Nick Drake, George Harrison, etc.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to OldJake666 For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    786
    Thanks
    166
    Thanked 214 Times in 169 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Guns n Roses ( the original band )

    -We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.

    -Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em.

    My SKETCHbook
    http://jeeso.deviantart.com/
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 10 Times in 2 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Hi Jacob, I have added the rules.

    Thanks

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    NY, upstate
    Posts
    212
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked 65 Times in 47 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0


    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    4,543
    Thanks
    2,307
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 871 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Not necessarily. This thread is legitimate. And no I am not choosing one band nor one video, and it's silly that solo artists don't count given that they usually play WITH A BAND.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 10 Times in 2 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Kobryn View Post
    Not necessarily. This thread is legitimate. And no I am not choosing one band nor one video, and it's silly that solo artists don't count given that they usually play WITH A BAND.
    Your tastes are pretty generic, so it's not a concern to me. If you could remove your post I would be grateful though.

    Last edited by olivercartwright; August 29th, 2011 at 03:45 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  10. #9
    TinyBird's Avatar
    TinyBird is offline Why you gotta be an angry burd Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    HELLsinki, Finland
    Posts
    4,764
    Thanks
    338
    Thanked 2,660 Times in 1,621 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by olivercartwright View Post
    If you could remove your post I would be grateful though.
    This is a forum, if you want a pristine list of people's fave bands, collect the ones that fit your criteria from the posts and post a list of them in your OP or somewhere else.

    "I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 10 Times in 2 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyBird View Post
    This is a forum, if you want a pristine list of people's fave bands, collect the ones that fit your criteria from the posts and post a list of them in your OP or somewhere else.

    I wasn't responding to your comment, I was responding to the "self indulgent hippy" that just slated my thread rules because he didn't like them. Also, since when did all solo artists have associations with bands. If don't like my thread don't post Jacob, I don't need to hear about it.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    NY, upstate
    Posts
    212
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked 65 Times in 47 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Oh my. IBTL.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  13. #12
    TinyBird's Avatar
    TinyBird is offline Why you gotta be an angry burd Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    HELLsinki, Finland
    Posts
    4,764
    Thanks
    338
    Thanked 2,660 Times in 1,621 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by olivercartwright View Post
    I wasn't responding to your comment, I was responding to the "self indulgent hippy" that just slated my thread rules because he didn't like them.
    Like I said, this is a free for all forum, so you don't really have the luxury of not having people butt in to your conversations or put any rules and have people obey them. In the same way as most of us don't have the luxury to kick you out.
    So if you don't like how people post here, either discuss it with a mod or leave and got to draw.

    "I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 10 Times in 2 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyBird View Post
    Like I said, this is a free for all forum, so you don't really have the luxury of not having people butt in to your conversations or put any rules and have people obey them. In the same way as most of us don't have the luxury to kick you out.
    So if you don't like how people post here, either discuss it with a mod or leave and got to draw.
    What are talking about, I am not doing anything wrong, Jacob said "Does it have to be a band or do solo artists count? Anyway, bands only until I get an answer:"

    So he was prepared to change his selection based on my thread rules. So then I change it and then he complains after my polite response, now you are attacking me. Just post a band and stop complaining and writing forum jargon like IBTL. I bet you're all art school students damn it.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    NY, upstate
    Posts
    212
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked 65 Times in 47 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by olivercartwright View Post
    I bet you're all art school students damn it.
    Haha, considering the website...

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  16. #15
    TinyBird's Avatar
    TinyBird is offline Why you gotta be an angry burd Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    HELLsinki, Finland
    Posts
    4,764
    Thanks
    338
    Thanked 2,660 Times in 1,621 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by olivercartwright View Post
    What are talking about, I am not doing anything wrong, Jacob said "Does it have to be a band or do solo artists count? Anyway, bands only until I get an answer:"

    So he was prepared to change his selection based on my thread rules. So then I change it and then he complains after my polite response, now you are attacking me. Just post a band and stop complaining and writing forum jargon like IBTL. I bet you're all art school students damn it.
    No, but you do have pretty high expectations of an internet forum, and apparently can't handle when it's told to you. If you can't at least write your own rules down from the start, you have very little right to start asking people to remove their posts that were posted before that.
    And if you consider that "attacking", you really could grow some thicker skin too.

    "I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  17. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 10 Times in 2 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyBird View Post
    No, but you do have pretty high expectations of an internet forum, and apparently can't handle when it's told to you. If you can't at least write your own rules down from the start, you have very little right to start asking people to remove their posts that were posted before that.
    And if you consider that "attacking", you really could grow some thicker skin too.
    TinyBird, I originally posted "I want to know your favourite band?" Which means "one" band and posting an example of that. I didn't need to ellaborate on that, I just did because he asked and was obviously confused posting three bands across twelve videos. So I dumbed the question down to align with the Walmart demographic.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  18. #17
    TinyBird's Avatar
    TinyBird is offline Why you gotta be an angry burd Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    HELLsinki, Finland
    Posts
    4,764
    Thanks
    338
    Thanked 2,660 Times in 1,621 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by olivercartwright View Post
    TinyBird, I originally posted "I want to know your favourite band?" Which means "one" band and posting an example of that.
    Or it means you typo'd like 90% of people in here. And considering how awkwardly your question is written, expecting a typo isn't isn't too far fetched.
    And even then the actual rules of "one band, one video/song" are not clear from that alone.

    So I dumbed the question down to align with the Walmart demographic.
    Well, you are on the internet.

    "I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  19. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 10 Times in 2 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyBird View Post
    Or it means you typo'd like 90% of people in here. And considering how awkwardly your question is written, expecting a typo isn't isn't too far fetched.
    And even then the actual rules of "one band, one video/song" are not clear from that alone.


    Well, you are on the internet.
    Not really, his response is the only one with twelve examples, everyone else picked one. Considering my response was the first one, with one example, you would figure everyone would follow suit.

    Last edited by olivercartwright; August 29th, 2011 at 05:26 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  20. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Washington, US
    Posts
    1,194
    Thanks
    1,571
    Thanked 716 Times in 343 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    *sees the Worst of CA thread over on the shoreline growing ever closer*

    We'll be landing soon. Keep the wind in the sails, lads.




    Anyway, I know this breaks the rules but I have a couple favourites.





    My Sketchbook

    And then God said, "Let us make man in our likeness and our image. Let us make him ridiculously hard to draw so that poor artists everywhere will have to spend 10,000+ hours failing repeatedly before they can begin to capture the form and likeness onto a two-dimensional surface." And there was man. And it was good. And artists everywhere lost their minds.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  21. #20
    TinyBird's Avatar
    TinyBird is offline Why you gotta be an angry burd Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    HELLsinki, Finland
    Posts
    4,764
    Thanks
    338
    Thanked 2,660 Times in 1,621 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by manlybrian View Post
    Anyway, I know this breaks the rules but I have a couple favourites.
    Well, I think at this point it's safe to say "screw the rules" since this thread is already ruined.








    Last edited by TinyBird; August 29th, 2011 at 05:08 AM.
    "I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  22. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 10 Times in 2 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyBird View Post
    Well, I think at this point it's safe to say "screw the rules" since this thread is already ruined.
    The reason I asked for one band, is becuase it makes people think more. We live in a world with an abundance of choices, it would be "more interesting" to see everyones top choice. Sadly like you said, it's the internet so what I did expect Muse and Radiohead. Yawn

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  23. #22
    TinyBird's Avatar
    TinyBird is offline Why you gotta be an angry burd Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    HELLsinki, Finland
    Posts
    4,764
    Thanks
    338
    Thanked 2,660 Times in 1,621 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by olivercartwright View Post
    The reason I asked for one band, is becuase it makes people think more. We live in a world with an abundance of choices, it would be nice to see everyones top choice. Sadly like you said, it's the internet so what I did expect Muse and Radiohead. Yawn
    Well, if you wanted more original and classy choices, you might have wanted to point that out. After all, something being a favorite, doesn't mean it's also actually good.

    "I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  24. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Larisa/ Corfu, Greece
    Posts
    749
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked 251 Times in 247 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    olivercartwright i open and see first thing ISIS and i'm like WHOW!
    One of my favs
    Dillinger Escape Plan... Too bad Chris Pennie left, they somehow lost their personality and genious after that...

    http://youtu.be/Wtbi9CHvikY

    Last edited by knut-; August 29th, 2011 at 05:25 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  25. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 10 Times in 2 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyBird View Post
    Well, if you wanted more original and classy choices, you might have wanted to point that out. After all, something being a favorite, doesn't mean it's also actually good.
    I just thought seeing as you're an artsy anarchist, I expected better from you than MUSE. Now if you would have come back at me with something like Norway's Kvelertak, I would have welcomed your fustration.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  26. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 10 Times in 2 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by knut- View Post
    olivercartwright i open and see first thing ISIS and i'm like WHOW!
    One of my favs

    http://youtu.be/Wtbi9CHvikY

    Great post man! Good to see another Knut fan.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  27. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Larisa/ Corfu, Greece
    Posts
    749
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked 251 Times in 247 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Yes indeed the name is from there.. CHALLENGER!

    I can't seem to get that embed code right, i know how (old code check blah, blah) but maybe it has to do with using mozilla?

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  28. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 10 Times in 2 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by knut- View Post
    Yes indeed the name is from there.. CHALLENGER!

    I can't seem to get that embed code right, i know how (old code check blah, blah) but maybe it has to do with using mozilla?
    Yeah Challenger is incredible. Awesome taste! Here's your video...



    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  29. #28
    TinyBird's Avatar
    TinyBird is offline Why you gotta be an angry burd Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    HELLsinki, Finland
    Posts
    4,764
    Thanks
    338
    Thanked 2,660 Times in 1,621 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by olivercartwright View Post
    I just thought seeing as you're an artsy anarchist
    Well, that's what you get for expecting idiotic things based of false assumptions. I'm the least artsy, most boring and uncultured person that's stuck to 90's I know.

    You say "Kvelertak" (Norwegian music, pfft) and I say "Baltimora"


    "I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  30. #29
    TinyBird's Avatar
    TinyBird is offline Why you gotta be an angry burd Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    HELLsinki, Finland
    Posts
    4,764
    Thanks
    338
    Thanked 2,660 Times in 1,621 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by olivercartwright View Post
    Thanks TinyBird for your interesting perspective on contemporary music and for throwing in some Scandinavian racism.
    Contemporary?
    Anyway, the truth is that Finland is not part of Scandinavia mainly because Finnish music is just too awesome for Scandinavia to handle. If we were to join, most of Northern Europe would probably explode. But it's a very "hush hush" secret.

    Undeniable proof.

    "I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  31. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 10 Times in 2 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyBird View Post
    Anyway, the truth is that Finland is not part of Scandinavia
    I will look into that. Thanks

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 4

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •