Results 1 to 13 of 186
August 21st, 2011 #1
CHoW#258 :: The Gunslinging AlchemistCharacter of the Week #258
The Gunslinging Alchemist
-Design a character for a fantasy western video game-
DEADLINE: SUNDAY 28th AUGUST 2011, 9PM GMT+1
Check your timezone!
Time to dust of those spurs, mix some elixirs and mount your steed as this week's challenge takes place in a fantasy western environment. We would like you to create a skilled gunslinging character but with a twist, instead of normal bullets, this cowboy shoots special ammo filled with potions, elixirs and poisons they have created. In addition to fantastically modified guns, the gunslinger always carries a massive amount of vials and ingredients about their person, never sure when they might need to whip up a new bath of toxins to defeat foes, or health potions to heal friends. The gunslinger is quick, agile and always ready to leap into action, and more importantly, they enjoy it!
- This can be either male or female
- A wild west setting but have fun with fantasy and scifi elements!
- Think about what fuels their weapons/potions/elixirs etc, is it magic? science? alien technology?
- This is quite a cocky character and rather full of themself, so no 'dark, brooding strangers'.
- Think carefully about the weaponry, it needs to look overly modified to suit the gunslinger's needs, but it still needs to be recognisable and easy to carry/use (They need to be fast!!!)!
In addition to the brief, if you do not follow these rules, you will not be included in the poll.
- Files must be named: CHoW#258_Username (Files with any other names such as final.jpg or even chow258final.jpg will not be accepted)
- Finals must be posted in the finals thread BEFORE the deadline
- Final post must include the CHoW number and the artists username at the bottom of the image
- At least 3/4 of the focus character must be visible
- Final images must be accompanied with a basic character sheet in a separate image Character sheets should at the very least show a sketch of the front and back of the character and a couple of early thumbnails/silhouettes.
- Follow the brief!
August 21st, 2011 #2Registered User
- Join Date
- Nov 2009
- Thanked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Awesome topic i just watched True Grit so i'm in a very western mood
The Following User Says Thank You to Mistermike For This Useful Post:
August 21st, 2011 #3
August 21st, 2011 #4
The Following User Says Thank You to Gadbury For This Useful Post:
August 21st, 2011 #5
Too long since I've done one of these, and I'm sorely out of practice. I'm in!
The Following User Says Thank You to Sulk-Sal For This Useful Post:
August 21st, 2011 #6Registered User
- Join Date
- Apr 2007
- Thanked 78 Times in 40 Posts
Love gunslingers. Here's a sketch. Kind of missed on the attitude part. Comments, ideas, etc. welcome.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dcritelli For This Useful Post:
August 21st, 2011 #7
The Following User Says Thank You to Jen Wardell For This Useful Post:
August 21st, 2011 #8
The Following User Says Thank You to LA-Fairy For This Useful Post:
August 22nd, 2011 #9
EDIT// i decided to keep my updates in one post, and see how that works!
i have a whole weeks break, wich means im so gonna try get something done for this week \o/
this is my first rough idea, i dont know, to much steampunk maybe D:
i sketched out 2 more last night right after the other but to tired to upload then, so here they are, i might just take a little from all of them and do one more last one D:
this is fun tho, see if i can remember how to color in photoshop as i barely touched it the last couple of months (damn you school for traditional drawing !)
heres my third try, taking bits from the previous ones, trying not to make it to cluttered with details but dunno if i lost a bit of the fun that the others had...feedback appreaciated!
i was thinking instead of having all those bullets giving her little bags, i dunno what it called, satchels? around her belts with different type of bullets in, like the seven planetary metals or something; gold, silver, copper, tin, iron, mercury and lead bullets wooh D:
Last edited by rumpenstiltzkin; August 23rd, 2011 at 04:19 AM.
August 22nd, 2011 #10
Really love the topic! we're gonna have a lot of fun, huh? =D
rumpenstiltzkin cutie! love the scar idea.
Here's two rough silhouettes, no details yet, but i already like the first one =D
The Following User Says Thank You to YouAreNotAlone For This Useful Post:
August 22nd, 2011 #11
@Dcritelli Interesting gun u got there! yea the attitude's a hard one.
@Bethany K. yea more alchemist stuff in there would be good!
@rumpenstiltzkin hey u got some nice designs going in there. think steampunk's cool, as long as its still alchemist-ish rite?
@YouAreNotAlone ya the 1st's good. but i kinda like the big gun for the second and he's got nice boots too.
Awesome topic! Here's my initial silhouettes sketch. Man, I have no idea which to go with, but so far think i'm liking #1 more…or #5? #2 and #4 got some nice elements in them too. Guys, I need some help with choosing!
August 22nd, 2011 #12
yongs nice sketches! I think i'm gonna keep that big gun, just combine it with first concept.
Litle update. Cowboy and his companion, a litle dragon =D
August 22nd, 2011 #13
Hmm, there might be too much "alchemist" and too little "gunslinging" in this sketch of mine.