Art: Roderick Constance Illustration

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Roderick Constance Illustration

Hey all.

I finished school a li'l over 3 years ago (great timing, yeah?), did some cover gigs then ended up doing concept art gigs through "The Great Recession". I got sick of it. So since the beginning of this year, I've been focusing strictly on illustration.

I finally feel like I'm shuffling off that whole concept art look and beginning to find my own voice. Should be interesting to see what happens when I get back into oils!

Anyway, here's a sampling of this years work. Critiques, comments, concerns, rude remarks, etc. are always welcome.

~rcon

Attached Images Attached Images          
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Beautiful work. I love how there isn't detail jumping at you from every last corner of your images. It's elegant.

I checked your website too, it's pretty neat. Functional, fast and good looking.

Two images I personally don't like quite as much as your other stuff (including what's at your website) are the 1st two you posted here in this portfolio review.

The 1st one - I cannot read the character. It's still elegant and beautiful, but I have no clue what she represents. She doesn't look typically beautiful or power hungry or whatever.

The 2nd one with the boy jumping over the car - the big blank street piece is disturbing the composition for me. If there is something to be placed, like text or logo, then it's a different matter, but as a standalone picture it feels a bit odd.

My favorite is the girl with the sword dodging the stone guardian. Cool composition and movement. The guardian is majestic and girl beautiful.

I love your work and I know this wasn't much of a critique and I'm not exactly an established painter myself but I hope my 2c were somewhat useful. It felt weird there was no comment to your work.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.