Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 'Chu's Sketchbook of Sketchythings

Thanks
    So...even though I've not posted in a while I might as well move post some more. I haven't been drawing much at all lately for some personal reasons and consequently I probably haven't improved much at all. I want to get better with my styled stuff and have it look natural, but even working from reference doesn't seem to be helping me here. I think I should just keep slugging through it, but it's disheartening to see slow improvement....
    So here is a bunch of derpy stuff, and I've included a little sequential piece I did that was an interlude to a christmas present for my best friend. It's purposefully extremely messy.

HOwever, the rest of these I have no excuse for how disgusting my linework is. I need to spend so much more time trying to draw gesture and contour drawings to get my linework smoother and smoother, but it's just not working out. Again. >.> Ever have so much failure you just want to quit drawing for good? I'm at that point.

Attachment 1396522
    Attachment 1396524
    Attachment 1396526
    Attachment 1396528
    Attachment 1396529

Dovahkiin versus Charizard:
    Attachment 1396541

Two of the Three Dragons from Skyward Sword, Faron and Eldin, and a derpy Faron because I mostly hate her but love her design.
    Attachment 1396546
    Attachment 1396555
    Attachment 1396557

other:
    Attachment 1396560
    Attachment 1396561
    Attachment 1396564
    Attachment 1396568

more to come, have some stuff to resize and some stuff to upload. Sorry for the lack of "serious work" but sketches are sketches.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Long time no post! I took a long break from art after school finished, but here are some of my finished school pieces and now I'm trying to learn how to paint landscapes a little better, though I think the ones I do with traditional medium tend to look a bit better than my digital ones. However, I'm out of canvases and since I genuinely hate painting traditionally I'm going to work on learning how to improve on the tablet. ^^
    Anyway, these cover a variety of mediums, tablet, pastels, charcoals, pencil.

Thanks
    Some sketchy sketches. I'm gonna grab some lunch to give my wrist a break (maybe dig up my old brace) and then I'm gonna paint a seascape, which I should post today, since i'm just working on basic stuff and trying to improve composition and color choice. If you have any tips on how to work on that sort of thing, please let me know. I could also upload a step-by-step of how I tend to work on my pics. (In short, it goes from sketch-greyscale painting-paint an overlay of colors, merge greyscale and overlay, render, because SAI imo is easiest to paint in single layers unless you're doing like cartoony stuff.) Feedback would be much appreciated while I'm inspired, because otherwise I'm just like "oookay I'll work on that when I actually feel like working."

Thanks
    Trying to figure out how to color in SAI.

Thanks
    speedy landscapes from refs

Thanks
    Some extremely quick and very unrendered (how does one start detailing very rendered scenery things? D: ) scenery paintings from a reference photo. I think I may go back and work on the forest/river one some later buut I read a nice little tip about not getting frustrated with a work, which is kind of what happened on that. I may come back to it once I cool off.

Thanks
    A color study (doing more of these in the near future.) And some other random drawings and paintings.
    Last edited by Okamichu; July 14th, 2012 at 06:04 PM. Reason: pictures didnt upload

Thanks
    two paintings from my left hand, which isn't my dominant hand and it is also the hand that doesn't hurt when I move it Hahaha. If you have any tips for learning to draw with your non-dominant hand please share? O:

Not like anyone WILL comment anyway. Ahaha, I dunno why I even use this thing nowadays.

Thanks
    meh, not like anyone cares, here are some sketches. Some are characters from a Mass Effect RP I'm in, *shrugs*.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3