Cintiq 24HD?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Cintiq 24HD?

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cintiq 24HD?

Update:

http://cgeverything.co.uk/2011/09/12...-first-images/

Cintiq 24HD?

http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/18/w...e-went-to-art/

This newest model, the Cintiq 24HD has just been approved by the FCC and, while the documents don't reveal much, we presume it's a 24-inch (and HD-resolution) follow up to last year's device.

Last edited by Evil_Dan; September 12th, 2011 at 02:08 PM.
    www.st-hilaire.net
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Evil_Dan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I hope it was worth waiting for ...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Interesting. This will be the largest Cintiq yet...but I'm almost afraid of how high the price is going to be. I can easily see Wacom charging like $3000 -$4000 for this. an extra thousand the 3 inches, and another thousand for the "High Def"

In a perfect world they'd put this model at $2000 and lower the price of the 21ux to $1500 or something...but of course this is Wacom.

Wallets: prepare to be raped.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with dark. its going to be stupid expensive.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good news to hear about an updated display! I bought the last 21ux, and in a printmaker's world, it hasn't been 100% up to the job. Hard to color calibrate, especially where I have to work, which has no controlled lighting. Dark images are hard to see in a moderately lit environment. Compared to the laptop it's connected to, the brightness is just pitiful. On light images, such as sketching on a light background, it works like a dream, but it has been problematic for me on most projects, often making me bust out the intuos :/ Plus it has a dark stuck pixel not covered by warranty, bastards.

Even with these complaints, I actually fear for Wacom. All in one computers and tablets with various pen technology different from Wacom's patented digitizer seem to be on the way. Lots of patents for new pen tech have been filed. They are only a computer accessory company. Once computers don't require their accessories for artists, what then?

Either way, this is good news for now, thanks for posting.

*also just noticed in the patent diagram that it has no rotation, just a kick stand like the 12wx, wtf

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by James Thornton View Post

*also just noticed in the patent diagram that it has no rotation, just a kick stand like the 12wx, wtf
    I don't believe patent drawings necessarily reflect the final project; they just need to show the technology being patented.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Even with these complaints, I actually fear for Wacom. All in one computers and tablets with various pen technology different from Wacom's patented digitizer seem to be on the way. Lots of patents for new pen tech have been filed. They are only a computer accessory company. Once computers don't require their accessories for artists, what then?
    Just because there is a patent doesn't mean its ever gonna see the light of day. Apple patented a rolling/ball capacative pen a few months back that looks more stupid then anything.

And just because another company has it owns Pen tech...that doesn't mean it will be useful to artists. Case in point N-trig. They are Wacoms only real form of competition in the portable on screen tablet market, and their digitizer's are horriable for art use.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Personally, I think Wacom could do with some competition. I think we'd be seeing better products come out faster (higher resolution, easier calibration, more durable screens, more portable, whatever) if there were more options. Plus, I'm sure we'd all love to see a little competitive pricing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I wonder if is the multi-touch one I've heard mention.

Still, HD? Guess that means losing vertical res, fine for landscapes not so hot for figures and portrait format. Unless it's higher than 1080 which may be cool.

God knows how much it'll be in the UK....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    But whats so innovative about this??? Just high res and bigger screen???? that's it? and they will charge 2 time extra amount. I wish if Wacom reduce the burden of too much of wire around the cintq and make it with inbuilt CPU. just like apple's modbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The modbook isn't made by apple. The modification is made by a third party when you send them your macbook. They utilize the same wacom digitizer that currently exists in many tablet pc's, and it doesn't compare to the full sized cintiq. (loss of proper calibration around the edges is even more noticable.) As for having an onboard cpu, I strongly disagree with the idea; I prefer the freedom to select my own operating system and so on.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Has anyone seen the other product on Wacom's Cintiq page? Looks like the concept from the FCC approval.

http://www.wacom.com/en/Products/Cintiq.aspx

EDIT: OMG! They -JUST- took it down! I'm not going crazy!

Last edited by WarmSoda; September 9th, 2011 at 06:04 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to WarmSoda For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I saw it, don't worry about it

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matejkovacic For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yup, that's what I saw!

It looked like it had a little more of a matte finish on the website, though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by WarmSoda View Post
    Yup, that's what I saw!

It looked like it had a little more of a matte finish on the website, though.
    I know... lol

Cintiq 24HD?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So....is the actual screen size gonna be 24" or is that an indication of how big the unit will be altogether WITH THAT DAM NEAR 10" OF BEZEL SPACE in the pic!?
    (Note to Wacom: Please don't let it be the latter)
    Looking at that dude, the chair, and his hand, then looking at the screen, it makes it seem like we're definitely gonna get humped on the screen real estate factor if this is an authentic pic.

Ok, I was working and when I posted the last, it showed me the above post....If that's the real deal, lemme go forth and command my purple skinned coke whores
    to walk the strolls immediately and collect my crumpled cash....it's on like donkey kong LOL

Last edited by Chipsterology; September 9th, 2011 at 10:38 PM. Reason: takin all day to finish the dam post
    Chipsterology Sketchbook - Open for crits - 24hrs
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=126257
    Twitter: Chipsterology

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Pish, won't be able to afford it.

Damn, I wish they'd bring out a newer model portable number. The Cintiq 15.6X or something- same physical size of a 12wx but with less plastic and more screen.

Also they could correct the 12wx's shortcomings (add I4 tech and a better monitor). It's definitely overdue.

And as for the price, I always regarded Apple as a dramatically overpriced company but Wacom bring it to a whole new level.

kristianduffy.blogspot.com

...theres been a disturbance in Piccadilly Circus involving some sort of mad dog.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to PapaLongLegs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Anybody know when this is gonna hit the street yet? If it's by Xmas, then it'll be a hard decision between those 2 German Rottweiler puppies I wanted and this.
    Maybe a fresh case of .44 slugs for the DE and some new booby traps can help me hold out on getting the pups until later

Chipsterology Sketchbook - Open for crits - 24hrs
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=126257
    Twitter: Chipsterology

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn...that is one sexy tablet. It looks like they just threw a monitor into an XL intuos4. Kind of in vein of those Intuos3/cintiq mods.

It does have a 24 inch screen.but they went with a 16:10 widescreen ratio. Much more of grievance tablet PC users are quite familiar with. Where as the old 21 inch Cintiqs were full screen, this took the same idea as the 12 inch model and went for widescreen...and the super huge bezel surrounding it. Its more of a personal choice, but generally most artists tend to like the full screen size better. But given how huge this thing is...I don't think it will be as much of an issue.

One thing I find kind of interesting....the one pic showing the 5 stages of how the screen can adjust......this looks an awful lot like a display patent apple put down a while ago. Its not the same...but quite similar.

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/apple-f...ch-24-08-2010/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And thanks to the power of google tanslate, I was able to roughly translate most of the tech specs on that chinese site. IPS is definitely good to see...but Brightness at 190cd/m2 (190 nits)....that means this will be slighly dimmer then the 21ux 200 nit display....that seems like a really stupid decision. Hope i'm wrong on that part of the translation.

and "Digital display: 13.7Kg, digital display stand: 14.9Kg (without cable)"

that means the whole thing Display and Stand will weight around 60 pounds give or take. Thats a hell of alot more weight compared to the 21 inch cintiq that weights only 25 pounds with the stand.

and nothing on price as far as I can tell. I'm betting it probably will surpass $3000. That huge bezel makes the tablet much bigger and gives Wacom more leverage to charge more for it.

Product Details

1 Features
    SanDisk 24HD is a professional pen tablet technology and professional crystal display technology.
    l to raise the overall quality, to meet more requirements for HD CG user, such as video and digital entertainment companies
    l more perfect high-definition screen, larger, widescreen, richer color saturation
    l ergonomic design, the product easier to use, so the creative process more comfortable and efficient
    l large format painting, hand-eye one embodiment, the digital painting is more natural and intuitive.

n high-definition 24-inch, perfect presentation of your work
    Professional 24-inch high definition LCD screen,
    View larger 89/89/89/89
    Parallax 2.6mm (Cintiq 21 is 2.9mm)
    HDCP support
    Brightness 190cd/m2 (Cintiq 21 to 200cd/m2)
    Resolution up to 1920 x1200, video producers can easily make high-definition video editing.
    With up to 92% Adobe RGB color saturation, and even the color is extremely demanding photographers and designers love

n The new design, ergonomic stand to make painting more comfortable long-term
    CG user designed specifically for stents, the screen can be lowered as much as possible, and even highlight the desktop vacant, allowing users to paint the most comfortable position, free layout creativity.

image004.jpg

n more humane set of keys
    In-depth understanding of customers' usage of digital screen, in detail perfected. A key to enter the control panel, a key to enter keyboard mode, add ExpressKey settings in the OSD for the scroll bar to add a separate button, replacing repeated switching of trouble.

n heritage professional tablet and pen technology, precision, stability and durability.
    SanDisk 24HD extension using the impact of four generations of professional tablet and pen technology, precision, stability and durability.
    - 2048 levels of pressure sensors with 60 degree tilt sensor that can accurately simulate a variety of traditional brush, mark pen strokes with the brush performance.
    - Wireless passive pen technology, starting with very light pressure, can sense pressure changes very fine, and more accurate, stable and durable.
    - In the pen stand, also provides a standard tip, elastic pen, felt tip pen of different materials to achieve a different feel.
    Note: 2048 levels of pressure sensors need the latest application support (such as: Photoshop CS4), also need the driver control panel "Options" to open this function.

n professional drivers, the hardware and software to ensure seamless connectivity.
    - Professional driver, beginning in R & D and Adobe ®, Autodesk ®, and Corel ® and other companies closely to ensure seamless connectivity hardware and software.
    - Professional driver can set the different functions in different applications, to provide professional and free work environment.
    - Professional driver, provides a precise model, the screen can be easily localized in a more delicate drawing.
    - Professional driver, switch the display to provide a mapping function, multi-display desktop environment, you can freely switch the pen under the control of the desktop.
    - More professional features, yet you to set up and use.

n professional optional pen accessories to achieve a variety of special pen effects.
    Optional pen accessories in a variety of different software to achieve special pen effects. Such as using art pen, brush with specific software to simulate the brush rotation, to achieve ink effects.

2 Model and Specifications

Product Type:

DTK-2400/K0-F

Chinese Product Name:

SanDisk 24HD (DTK-2400) LCD digital display

Chinese products referred to:

SanDisk 24HD

General parameters

Product dimensions (L x W x D)

769.3 x 463.7 x 64 mm (without stand)

Weight

Digital display: 13.7Kg, digital display stand: 14.9Kg (without cable)

Host Color

Black

Temperature and humidity

5 至 35 ° C, humidity: 20 to 80% RH (no condensation)

Storage temperature and humidity

-10 To 60 ° C, humidity: 20 to 90% RH (no condensation)

At a temperature of 60 ° C, the maximum storage humidity is 38%.

When the humidity is 90%, the maximum storage temperature of 42 ° C

Power (AC adapter)

71W (maximum)

Sleep mode is 2W or less (not connected USB cable)

Shutdown mode is 1W or less (not connected USB cable)

MTBF (mean time between failure)

20,000 hours

Compatibility Certification

FCC Part 15 Subpart B (Class B) and C, CE, VCCI Class B, C-tick, BSMI, KC, CCC, GOST-R, CB, European Union RoHS, California RoHS, Chinese RoHS, Korean RoHS

System Requirements

Windows 7, Vista, XP (32-bit and 64-bit)

Macintosh OS X, v10.5.8 or later

LCD

Display

a-Si TFT active matrix LCD (h-IPS)

Screen Size

24.1 inches, 518. 4 x 324. 0 mm

Pixels

1920 x 1200

Aspect Ratio

16:10

Supported Resolution

1920 x 1200, 1600 x 1200,1280 x 1024,1024 x 768,800 x 600,640 x 480

Pixel Pitch

0.270 (H) x 0.270 (V) mm

Display color

16,777,216 colors

Contrast

550: 1 (typical)

Brightness

190 cd/m2 (typical)

Reaction time

13 ms (typical)

Input signal interface

DVI-I

Input signal

DisplayPort, in line with V1.1a Standard

HDCP support

Comply with DVI 1.0 standard

Analog RGB

Plug and Play

DDC 2B, DDC / CI

Angle @ CR10: 1

Last edited by darkmagistric; September 10th, 2011 at 02:00 AM.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to darkmagistric For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmagistric View Post
    IPS is definitely good to see...but Brightness at 190cd/m2 (190 nits)....that means this will be slighly dimmer then the 21ux 200 nit display....that seems like a really stupid decision. Hope i'm wrong on that part of the translation.
    I had the Cintiqs in an environment without controlled lighting, not overly bright, just ambient. Neither were bright enough to calibrate using a Spyder3 Studio SR. Every other display I had (including a damn iPad) could be done in this same environment.

My last piece was a cityscape. Being that it was darker in tone, it was difficult to see clearly on the Cintiqs. So much so that I ended up doing the entire project on an old Intuos with a laptop screen!

Looks like it might also have the same pixel density. The 12wx was fine, but damn I could see the pixel grid on the 21... That ain't HD to me buddy.

Seems it won't be a replacement for the 21, but rather an addition to the line up. That said, it will be $2.5k at a minimum, probably $3k. Ouch.

But hey, any new Cintiq release is exciting news, and this one looks like quite an interesting design. Although, given past experiences, it probably won't be too hard to talk myself out of it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    somebody needs to buy wacom and lower the price on these things. I can understand $2000 when 20 inch lcds were expensive. But now that they are $100 wacom needs to adjust their outrageous price by about $1000. Learn to capitalism wacom. You are losing money.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by grantrl76 View Post
    somebody needs to buy wacom and lower the price on these things. I can understand $2000 when 20 inch lcds were expensive. But now that they are $100 wacom needs to adjust their outrageous price by about $1000. Learn to capitalism wacom. You are losing money.
    normally that would work for them if they were having trouble selling them. they are unlikely to price drop when they cant even keep up with the demand of them. the minute a retailer gets it they are all sold the same day. there are people waiting months with cash in hand ready to buy with no place to buy it from. a situation that unlikely leads to a price drop.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The eagle has landed....

www.st-hilaire.net

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Evil_Dan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the stand looks better equipped to have it leaning with part of it hanging over the side then the 21ux. it doesnt look like you can rotate the display while its in the stand though. I am kinda hoping it can it just doesnt look like it. if not putting a vesa mount on the back would solve it. then people would have the option for an ergotron and spin it that way. it looks like alot of space is wasted as well on the sides.

this is to much hardware for my ability but its always fun to look at.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The new Cintiq is on Wacom's website now. The status also shows "available" for purchase in USA for $2499

http://wacom.com/en/Products/Cintiq/Cintiq24HD.aspx

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangum View Post
    normally that would work for them if they were having trouble selling them. they are unlikely to price drop when they cant even keep up with the demand of them. the minute a retailer gets it they are all sold the same day. there are people waiting months with cash in hand ready to buy with no place to buy it from. a situation that unlikely leads to a price drop.

First of all I have owned 2 cintiq 21ux. Second when they can't make enough to meet demand they ARE having trouble selling them. Every person who wants one who cant get one is lost money. Economies of scale my know-it-all brother. You manufacture them on a large scale and drop your price and sell 500 times as many cintiqs. They are WAY overpriced and they have lousy LCDs. Wacom fix it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by grantrl76 View Post
    First of all I have owned 2 cintiq 21ux. Second when they can't make enough to meet demand they ARE having trouble selling them. Every person who wants one who cant get one is lost money. Economies of scale my know-it-all brother. You manufacture them on a large scale and drop your price and sell 500 times as many cintiqs. They are WAY overpriced and they have lousy LCDs. Wacom fix it.
    ...aaaaaaand they're out of stock lol

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2