View Poll Results: vote for the best hallucinogenic spirit guide.

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • DaN-MaN

2 2.78%
  • foofoo

40 55.56%
  • sevira

3 4.17%
  • logistic puppet

0 0%
  • Gorromog

5 6.94%
  • Noun

2 2.78%
  • limbox

0 0%
  • jrbarker

0 0%
  • grimstitch

2 2.78%
  • Si_Swe

4 5.56%
  • (lark

5 6.94%
  • sozo

9 12.50%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks

C.O.W.#226, the hallucinogenic spirit guide (familiars series part3). VOTING!

C.O.W. #226 the hallucinogenic spirit guide_Voting!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROUND #226 VOTING

Topic: the hallucinogenic spirit guide

Deadline for the voting: August 31st

requirements this week...

-Really try and get a sense of the ethereal spirit world in your design. This creature is not bound by the dynamics of the physical world, so get creative and don't be afraid to get really weird.

-Try to add some flare from the culture of the user whether it be native American, tribal south American, or modern altered state dabblers like new age guru meditationists, or gonzo adventures like Hunter s. Thompson. Its up to you what culture the user hails from, and you are not limited to these examples if some other kind of altered state comes to mind.

-because the other requirements are pretty loose, and open to interpretation, as a visual requirement, your creature must have glowing eyes.

-like the previous weeks, you aren't required to include the person having the spirit journey, but you can if you like. Just remember to keep the focus on the creature.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by (lark; August 25th, 2011 at 12:09 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Alarius

Artist: DaN-MaN

Concept: Alarius

Ever wondered about the knowledge of the ancient Greeks? How did they succeed defining the mathematics, medicine, history, art, social life and many more things we still study today? There is one secret only shared between the great philosophers of ancient times, the magical plant Asibu. Asibu made the access to the all-knowing Alarius available, making life easier to understand by the great philosophers, the one ones that took the trip to the infinity voidness.

My first C.O.W. entry. First post too, i hope i don't break the rules

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DaN-MaN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Artist: FooFoo

Concept: Dopo

According to the lore, the Dopo is a owl like beast the size of a lion. Only shamas of the highest level were able to spiritually connect with them. In doing so, they were able gain boundless wisdom from them. On very rare occasions, one might be able to spot the Dopo, when they show themselves in the darkest hour of the night...

Phew, i suck at description.
    Name:  spritual_guide_COW.jpg
Views: 1838
Size:  332.3 KB

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to foofoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Artist: Sevira

Concept: Beardogbird, Dogbearbird or maybe Birdbeardog, who knows

Me: Okay, there I was, in the desert, nothing to drink, nothing to eat.
    Stranger: And then?
    Me: Well there were some cacti around and they told me it was a good idea to eat some prickly pears.
    Stranger: The cacti told you?
    Me: Yes, the cacti told me. Anyway I ate the pears and the kept telling me it would help me find my way out of the desert.
    Stranger: And did they help you?
    Me: Of course not. So I said "fuck those cacti" to the Beardogbird and tried to find a way out of the desert on my own.
    Stranger: Beardogbird?
    Me: Yeah, or maybe a Dogbirdbear, who knows, I could hear his taste and smell his color. I tell you dude, that was awesome.
    Stranger: Dude, that must have been some kind of spirit guide. Did he tell you anything insightful?
    Me: Yes he did indeed, how do you know? He told me one thing, but I don't know if I really understand it.
    Stranger: What was it he told you?
    Me: OPEN THE DOOR
    GET ON THE FLOOR
    EVERYBODY WALK THE DINOSAUR

Name:  226_fin.jpg
Views: 1753
Size:  385.6 KB

Last edited by sevira; August 24th, 2011 at 02:00 PM.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sevira For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Artist: logistic puppet

Concept: Algenpen
    The Algenpen is only seen by those willing open their minds to the realism of the counter world surrounding them. The world filled with alternative creatures and possibilities. The Algenpen is regarded as a gate keeper or traveller, who visits those who warp their minds using various drugs. Its this creature who brings forth the euphoric pleasures and by doing so opens new ideas and paths for people to follow. Most who experience this creatures powers don't become addicted to the drugs, but the Algenpen's presence and influence.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to warburton For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Artist: Gorromog

Concept: Buffalo Spirit
    'Once you take the 'Grass of many Journeys' you enter a strange world. But don't fear, as the fabled 'Buffalo Spirit' will guide you through this odd land. It will show everything you want to know, teach all you could learn. It told me to 'stay away from Taco Bell'. Although, I never quiet understood what it means.'

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gorromog For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Artist: Noun

Concept: Nogogg

This guiding beast appears briefly in patches of shadow skirting the outer regions of a person's field of vision after several days of wakefulness. The Nogogg allows a person to hover between sleep and waking life to harness the rich, bountiful ideas and sparks of inspiration that lie only in this state.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Artist: limbox

Concept: Szakalara Cokur

Old forests are full of magic. For example magical mushrooms named cokur. Normal human after eating any of them, will die. But witches, they could survive, if some of Szakalara Cokur, spirits living in mushrooms, agree to help them run from death. If spirit will feel sympathy for poisoned witch, may also learn her few tricks, like shapeshifting or complicated charms.
    And when Szakalara dislike witch, so... They are just witches, so who cares how horrible death they have?

Last edited by limbox; August 24th, 2011 at 09:17 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to limbox For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Artist: jrbarker

Concept: spirit guide
    psychonaut spacesuit

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chapter24 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Artist: Grimstitch

Concept: Shroom spirit
    If you eat strange things in the forest, you may find yourself feeling very small, and with an unusual companion.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimstitch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,532 Times in 544 Posts
    Artist: Si_Swe

Concept: The Whothephok (Incarnation 1)

I feel this creature is mostly self-explanatory, so I'll go on a bit of a tangent about on of my personal hallucination-based spirit guides. It was several years ago and I was on the verge of moving to a new city. I was also on four and half grams of high-grade silicide mushrooms. I'd left my group of friends at a pizza parlor, convinced that the only way to keep myself out of the purgatory state of bad tripping I was in was to somehow get back to the suburb I lived in at the time. I picked up a handful of dried leaves. I was convinced that somehow I could transform them into bus tickets by sheer force of will. Arriving at the subway stop it hit me that I might need money and that the leaves may not turn into money... I looked straight at the man in the booth: an aging bulbous man whose face refused to stop... shaping everywhere... It was very distracting. I said to him, "I don't have money, can I go through?" (completely forgetting that my wallet was in my pocket at the time... pockets can be devious bastards like that). He replied with a simple "No." I attempted to go through. He got out of his booth to yell at me. I turned back, walked back and began to profusely apologize to him. He responded with the question, "You on something?" at which point I began to freak out. I said, "I'm really sorry, yeah... I'm on four and a half grams of mushrooms." His face was still shaping... It shaped into curiousity and responded with, "You got any?" I didn't. I don't remember what happened afterwards, but a short exchange followed. We were laughing by the end of it, and he let me go through to the trains. I'm still not sure what happened. It's very possible that I rediscovered my wallet, but I still remember that man's face even when it's not shaping like crazy. He was the gate guardian to my way home, and my way out of my bad trip. I quit drugs shortly after that experience.

Last edited by Si_Swe; August 25th, 2011 at 12:05 AM.
    Check out creature designs and make some of your own:
    Creature of the Week; Creature Spot

View Simon Sweetman's art etc. at:
    ArtStation; Twitter: @SiSweetman; Livestream Channel

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Si_Swe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Artist: (lark

Concept: zzxrdtcjy7346833guiughb
    the zzxrdtcjy7346833guiughb is a highly mysterious creature that can only be seen when individuals partake in high doses of hallucinogenic chemicals. most people that come across this creature are confounded by the highly coded message the zzxrdtcjy7346833guiughb gives to them on their encounter. some claim to understand the message, but their explanations vary wildly and are mostly inaccurate. only a small few of this group understands... the zzxrdtcjy7346833guiughb is a master of unsolvability, of hyper confusion, and its message is purely given to provoke awe.

Name:  hallucinogenic guide FINAL.jpg
Views: 1651
Size:  67.3 KB

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to (lark For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Artist: Sozo

Concept: Bardosaur
    Is Bardosaur a heavenly spirit guide or an evil one? Take the blue pill and find out.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sozo For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1