Art: Freelance Flyer Design
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Freelance Flyer Design

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Freelance Flyer Design

Hi all,

This may belong in another forum, but if I've put it in the wrong place - feel free to shift it.

I've decided to knuckle down and do some freelance flyer design work, having secured one or two jobs. It's a graphical area I'd really like to focus on.

The other clients I've been looking to tout myself to, are Rock & DJ promotion companies, and I would like to establish a kind of package deal.

The design packages that I would offer would likely come in either A6 or A5, and be either double sided or single. I would provide the designs to the clients as a .pdf ready to send to print. (To give you a more accurate idea, stylewise, of what I will be producing - try and envisage this with the inclusion of text relevant to the event being advertised).

I'm not interested (just yet) in charging hourly, and am hoping to have a set price for this specific work. What does everyone think would be a reasonable margain to ask for this kind of work?

Your thoughts?

Last edited by Jri; December 20th, 2011 at 07:12 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It is going to be hard to get paid more than 10 dollars to design a poster. Sad time for graphic designers.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    superDashRendar -

I do not know what the market rates are like for flyers. But I imagine you could charge something similar to your normal rates for illustration. More than $10 at any rate.

Sketchbook

Naidy • Black Spot • Eyestrain • VK

“This is [...] where the anvils are made of graphite, the hammers are as true as rectangular marquee selections and the fires burn with the light of a thousand lensflares.” --Jason Rainville

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wink

Yea it will definitely be more than 10$ and if it is I would just walk away. As far as pricing though, even if you don't charge hourly still consider it while deciding on price, which I think should be around 150-175(minimum) or more depending on time put in/skill

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Last week I went to a convention and someone hire me to do some flyers for his firm ,he payed me 10$ a flyers.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by gabrielalazarescu View Post
    Last week I went to a convention and someone hire me to do some flyers for his firm ,he payed me 10$ a flyers.
    Not even worth your time. One of the worst things you can do is sell yourself short like that. It not only affects you, but lowers the market for other designers.

Minimal art went nowhere. - Sol LeWitt

DA

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.