Art: Kieran Madden Portfolio Review

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Kieran Madden Portfolio Review

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Kieran Madden Portfolio Review

Hi, I'm Kieran Madden, I've been working freelance as an illustrator for a couple of years now.

So far the majority of my work has been teaching aides for a primary school and the diagrams for a driver training manual. As you can probably tell from the examples posted here, I'd much rather be doing something a little different.

If anybody's got any words of advice to help me make my portfolio a little more attention-grabbing to potential clients, or on how to improve my technique, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Come on, Mr Bubbles... by *Kmadden2004 on deviantART

Alice in Wonderland by *Kmadden2004 on deviantART

New Dev ID by *Kmadden2004 on deviantART

Dragons: Eco Dragon by *Kmadden2004 on deviantART

My portfolio site; http://kieran-madden.com
    My deviantaART page; http://kmadden2004.deviantart.com

Kieran Madden:Official Site

Click here for my all-new, super-happy DeviantArt page.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Kieran,
    I looked around at your site a little. I like your setup, it's very entertaining and you have some really cool pieces to show.

Now you're asking how to make your portfolio more attention grabbing towards clients. First and foremost you need to decide what clients you are targeted towards and then you need to create an actual portfolio. What you have at the moment appears to be moreso a gallery showing all of your work. A portfolio should be 9 to 12 of your very strongest pieces at most that are targeted towards the type of client you are looking for work from.

You have a lot of great pieces so it's just picking out the very best and showcase them away from your full gallery selection. Hope that helps!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hellcow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcow View Post
    Hi Kieran,
    I looked around at your site a little. I like your setup, it's very entertaining and you have some really cool pieces to show.

Now you're asking how to make your portfolio more attention grabbing towards clients. First and foremost you need to decide what clients you are targeted towards and then you need to create an actual portfolio. What you have at the moment appears to be moreso a gallery showing all of your work. A portfolio should be 9 to 12 of your very strongest pieces at most that are targeted towards the type of client you are looking for work from.

You have a lot of great pieces so it's just picking out the very best and showcase them away from your full gallery selection. Hope that helps!
    Thanks for the advice, Hellcow, I've just redesigned my website, and streamlined the gallery section too.

Kieran Madden:Official Site

Click here for my all-new, super-happy DeviantArt page.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.