Join 500,000+ Artists
Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!
anyone have experience with this problem? My opacity settings are turned up but the darkest strokes i can make are still very light. I didnt even do anything to trigger this, it just randomly happened
thanks for any fixes
Hi guys... I am new to this forum thus do not know what is this all about and what should be done specifically on this topic. Can someone out here guide me....... !!
Hi bluewakes, Can you provide more information about the problem? Which opacity settings are turned up? The brush, the layer? something else? Are you using a mouse? a tablet? What version of Photoshop?
Here is a checklist of common causes for this symptom:
1) the layer in which you are drawing has the opacity set to less than 100%
2) the layer in which you are drawing is in a layer group with a reduced opacity
3) the layer in which you are drawing has a layer mask or a clipping mask with an opacity less than 100%
4) the brush is set to less than 100% opacity
5) you are using pressure sensitivity and not pressing very hard
6) your brush is set to a blending type of something other than "normal" such as "darken" "color" "hue" etc
7) your layer or layer group is set to a blending type of something other than "normal" such as "darken" "color" "hue" etc
8) there is a layer above your drawing layer that is filled with white and set to more than 0% opacity
9) you are painting with a color other than black.
10) you switched to a different tool like the airbrush or spray can by accident
11) it's a weird bug that will be resolved by rebooting.
That's all I can think of at the moment. Good luck!
Nennie. Did you post in the wrong thread? I don't understand what you mean.
Last edited by PsiBug; August 12th, 2011 at 04:56 PM.