Lasso tool kinda quirky - any fix?

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lasso tool kinda quirky - any fix?

Hey everyone,

I'm fairly new to using Painter 12, but I'd been having lots of trouble with the lasso tool - I've done searches on CA and also PainterFactory (saw some CA members posting there too), and haven't come up with much of a solution past "Yeah, that's not working."

Basically the biggest problem is, if I'm using the lasso tool and have the pen held down for 6+ seconds, I get this weird flicker, and the selection resets. Someone on paintfactory mentioned holding down shift usually helps with this, but I seem to get it regardless. So basically I've been trying to keep selections fast and under 6 seconds, but it's pretty frustrating.

Also, less frequently but still weird - sometimes after making a selection, I'll get this little added extra bit selected, totally outside of my selection. But, only happens once in a while, I can live with this.

I'm running Windows 7, Painter 12, Wacom Intuos4 (Medium size, wireless), Radeon 6770M.

Anyway if anyone's had the same problems or has any ideas, I'd be glad to hear anything. Thanks in advance for any responses, much much appreciated. And apologies if there's some forum thread somewhere that I missed - I searched but couldn't find help!

EDIT: Also, I checked and updated most recent drivers for my graphic card, still same problem!

Last edited by tigermouse; August 8th, 2011 at 05:07 AM. Reason: forgot to add info
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, I have no idea what happened - lasso is working fine for me now. If I figure out why, i'll post, in case anyone else has the same thing.

Apologies for the thread.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by tigermouse View Post
    Hey everyone,

I'm fairly new to using Painter 12, but I'd been having lots of trouble with the lasso tool - I've done searches on CA and also PainterFactory (saw some CA members posting there too), and haven't come up with much of a solution past "Yeah, that's not working."

Basically the biggest problem is, if I'm using the lasso tool and have the pen held down for 6+ seconds, I get this weird flicker, and the selection resets. Someone on paintfactory mentioned holding down shift usually helps with this, but I seem to get it regardless. So basically I've been trying to keep selections fast and under 6 seconds, but it's pretty frustrating.

Also, less frequently but still weird - sometimes after making a selection, I'll get this little added extra bit selected, totally outside of my selection. But, only happens once in a while, I can live with this.

I'm running Windows 7, Painter 12, Wacom Intuos4 (Medium size, wireless), Radeon 6770M.

Anyway if anyone's had the same problems or has any ideas, I'd be glad to hear anything. Thanks in advance for any responses, much much appreciated. And apologies if there's some forum thread somewhere that I missed - I searched but couldn't find help!

EDIT: Also, I checked and updated most recent drivers for my graphic card, still same problem!
    Someone reckoned it might be down to Logitech software. I had this issue in P11 and P12, and it stopped when I quit the Logitech software that has to do with my G15 keyboard (the LCD stuff).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnMalcolm1970 For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.