Art: Bruce Lee Infographic

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Bruce Lee Infographic

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Bruce Lee Infographic

Hi everyone this graphic design section seams a bit dead but Im hoping to find a permanent group to go to discuss design with.
    Im a recent graduate working to improve on my skills

Im definitely no expert when it comes to infographic's in fact this is my first go at it, but what do you think.

Its about one of my personal heroes Bruce Lee

any and all crits & comments appreciated, if you catch any errors too id love to know

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    looks pretty cool, how did you make the textured background? custom brush?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like it. The colour palette is limited but accentuates the vibrance of the yellow. The information itself is inspiring and I'm feeling inclined to research Jeet Kung do and Bruce more on my own and his philosophy, which I'm guessing is the graphics' intended purpose. Good work sir.

Jordan Beeston
    Sketchbook Livestream Infinity Wars
    Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing. - Camille Pissarro

Quote Originally Posted by kev ferrara View Post
    We do transmutational yoga and eat alchemy sandwiches and ride flying unicorns of esoteric freudian solipsism while googling anthropology. Whee!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the comments guys, eulalia I made the background by combining several textures I had plus some scaterbrush strokes and other photoshop magic...

you should check out more on bruce hes was a inspirational human

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm not a fan of the grunge texture effect you have put on there, its not adding anything graphically and seems to be distracting away from whats important, If you are not willing to remove it completely, try pulling it back with a lower opacity/fading. Also I would personally change the colour palette.

Graphic design, Illustration, Photography. Australia.

LinkedIn

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by millz View Post
    I'm not a fan of the grunge texture effect you have put on there, its not adding anything graphically and seems to be distracting away from whats important, If you are not willing to remove it completely, try pulling it back with a lower opacity/fading. Also I would personally change the colour palette.

i disagree with that, the grunge effect creates a tunnel effect meaning your eyes automatically want to go to the center of the page, i think the color palet is good but a little to saturated, it reminds me of a good design printed bad

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well the idea behind the grunge texture and color scheme was this:

I was trying to capture the energy and time period of bruce lee at a single glance,
    I dont know about you guys but when i think of bruce lee I think of first someone getting punched kicked in the face, then that yellow jump suit he wore in dragon, then the really old and grainy film textures that were on all the kungfu films of the 70's (whenever I watch a bruce lee movie I feel like I watch it with a guy puffing away on a cigar in front of me.)

I agree the grunge effect is a bit heavy handed and i may scale it back some but I feel it does add more than it takes away as all the text is still legible with it being there. not to mention it adds a focal point like eulalia said, and also gives it a mood like he just kicked up alot of dust kicking ass.

as far as the colors go I tried to do it with a purposely limited color palette to alow somethings to really pop, I tried to pick subdued complimentary colors like the mint green background and the maroon purple color of the body, and went with yellow to highlight and draw attention to key elements and bring out that lee energy ( i wanted it to seem like bruce never stops moving not sure if that comes through)
    the yellow also allows the less important darker colors to fade into the background, (phoenix etc.)

anyhow thats my defense of my choices.
    not that im unwilling to make any changes or anything like that, but there was reasoning behind the design. thats what i feel makes it design.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.