Art: Please crit my portfolio

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Please crit my portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Please crit my portfolio

Hi everyone long time lurker first time poster, I consider myself a graphic designer that dabbles in illustration and vice versa.

and as i have just updated my portfolio, I would love to get any feedback whatsoever as I live in a concrete bubble.

http://www.behance.net/gallery/2011-Portfolio/1909655

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love your illustrations but i don't see much variety, especially when it comes to print design using lots text formatting and heavy gridword as that is the bread and butter of design and what most poeple will look at when looking through a portfolio. So my input would be to add a brochure/flyer or 2, a magazine or publishing spread, and a corporate document at the very least.

Graphic design, Illustration, Photography. Australia.

LinkedIn

4. The Following User Says Thank You to millz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks I think your right about it needing more print pieces, I do have a few pieces that could work, ill see about adding them in.

thanks for the help... do you think anything in the portfolio looks out of place though?

I fear it is too macabre with the skeletons and guns and knives floating about, do you think it or my resume posted at the end will hurt my chances with more straight laced companies? or will they appreciate me being different

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Voltaire View Post
    Thanks I think your right about it needing more print pieces, I do have a few pieces that could work, ill see about adding them in.

thanks for the help... do you think anything in the portfolio looks out of place though?

I fear it is too macabre with the skeletons and guns and knives floating about, do you think it or my resume posted at the end will hurt my chances with more straight laced companies? or will they appreciate me being different
    i think like stated before, your really limiting yourself to a specific market, and a very forward at that(which is awesome), but if your looking to start, its always good to show versatile on both ends of the spectrum and that might mean to show more of your toned down work, things that can be appealing to the normal consumer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Millz hit the nail on the head. Don't be afraid to show a little diversity. Even in your illustrations, which I also enjoy, you seem to have a very specific style that you adhere to. The more versatile the more value I like to say.

If you are serious then I would also recommend getting your own personal domain name and hosting. It is very reasonably priced these days and provides an instant level of professionalism that simply cannot be obtained through other sites. Simple website tutorials can be found on the web to produce a unique portfolio in little to no time at all. While Behance is well known you do not want to be competing with other advertizements while you are supposed to be advertizing yourself.

Great works but follow Millz advice in adding more print variety. Keep at it!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.