Random Chatter - Page 5

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Chatter

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well I recently moved from a small independent flat to a dorm flat and one of my flatmates (whom I couldn't choose) is pure evil. Maybe not that bad but there is a lot of bickering and every god damn thing bothers her. I have so far overlooked many of her shortcomings in keeping the place clean and having friends over at odd times because I want no drama, I'm pretty tolerant and I expected the same from her. But no, she has to put on a rant about having to clean up after me and me having sound from the loudspeakers of my laptop while cooking in the kitchen etc. and how all that shows I have no respect for her. Bitch, I have done your dishes and picked your hair from the drain and washed off that weird sticky shit you spilt on the floor so many times after your drunk spoiled ass went to sleep I don't think you have the right to treat me like shit because I left a used teabag on the table overnight. Maybe it's a pot calling the kettle black thing but the air is toxic here and it's not doing anything good for my motivation to do anything and I just want to get out of here but it's still Tuesday. Am I really supposed to last till May?

Last edited by nofu; September 20th, 2011 at 01:39 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 608 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I've got two roomates/flatmates/whatever the word is, but after 3 weeks I can't say any of us have spoken more than 5 sentences to each other. We mostly keep to ourselves. I gotta break the ice or something cause I don't think I can stand a year of this.

It's just so boring.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 Times in 544 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Psycho - Think of a time all of you will be available and offer to go out for a meal or a drink. Don't say "it's because we don't talk to each other" either... that shit comes off as weird and desperate, just offer to have a meal.

Has always worked for my flatmates when I move to a new place.

Nofu: That shit has to stop, tell her what you just said (but do it politely at first), sounds like she doesn't know what she's doing and is ignorantly hypocritical about it.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlightedArt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 882 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Nofu I've had the same shit from my partner, he seems to get his knickers in a twist when I don't put teabags in the bin but he'll happily leave a pile of them by the sink for me to deal with because he can't be arsed. It's hard getting used to living with someone. It does sound like you'd have to have it out with her and point out how she's been acting, she might just not be aware how she's coming across, and if she is then you need to say your piece otherwise it won't change. Hope it works out.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel Intheuk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well that's kinda the thing. I never pointed that out before that mad evening and when I tried pointing all those things out then, she was going all like I'm trying to divert the problem and calling the other roommate for assistance, "like, for gods sake say something". Btw, the other roommate has no beef with me and I understand her desire to stay out of it. Now I feel like bringing anything up will just be pouring oil on fire. I'm just hoping things will chill out in a while because right now we're not talking at all and if we do happen to pass by it's in disdainful silence. Also being anally neat like we're doing right now is straining.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm hungry, but I don't want to go get food. Blah.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 871 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    My Dad's book was finally accepted by a publisher! I'm really happy about that. It's not a major publisher, but they've had a number of best sellers under their belt.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OldJake666 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 682 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I finished the FAS and got my certificate (see Art Discussion forum for scan http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=225379 ), and I've started my next tech certificate.

My wireless insulin pump stopped working for me and now I've got to go beack to being connected to a pump. It's a pain, but going back to injects would be worse.

My friend misread what he owed to the court and has to pull $2300 to them by October, which sucks for him, but damn he should called them to see the balance and paid it the first time!

My friends are illogical sometimes, but I accept that in them.

Just scratched my forehead.

I drew a picture of Stitch chewing on The Maxx' back that came out pretty good, colored and all.

Started painting on my Iphone * Android tablet to get used to using the computer wacom. I drew a cherry, a yellow apple, and a tomato-cshould used ref for them all but I was doing this stuff on the fly.

Got a mild cold, and trying to prevent a full blown.

@Jacob

What publishing house?

"Everything must serve the idea. The means used to convey the idea should be the simplest and clear. Just what is required. No extra images. To me this is a universal principle of art. Saying as much as possible with a minimum of means."
    -John Huston, Director

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    On my way home from uni yesterday I saw a teenager with his headphones on listening to rock music, I can tell he was listening to rock music because he had his skateboard in his hands and was playing it like an air guitar. Haha.

He was really getting into it too, puckered face and furrowed brow with his mouth beckoning the words and spinning on the spot as he walked home, +100 respect for doing that in public.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BlightedArt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nofu Oh I see, well at least it's out, I hope it does blow over for you soon, at least you're not living with them forever.

Blighted Haha that's brilliant! I was only chatting to my friend the other day about listening to Rodrigo and Gabriela on her way to work and in her head she's salsa-ing down the road putting on her best moves when in reality she's just trudging along looking mildly pissed off lol.

Well I really have to get on with a commission...9 people to caricature, deadline is a month and I've only just started..he gave me the commission 2 months ago. I am so lazy when it comes to getting started on projects, for instance instead of drawing all day last friday (which is why I booked the day off) I watched practically half a series of Grey's Anatomy because Patrick Dempsey is much prettier to look at and more interesting. I shouldn't moan, I love doing caricatures and I love the reaction when I get it right but it's always the way when you have to do something.

I'm going to go and look at some inspiration and then maybe draw some gestures and people from the WDELL thread.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My cat gets real jealous of my sketchbook's place in my lap. If I don't heed her cries for attention, she will jump up and butt the book out of my hands with her head, or else curl up on top of it. If I'm drawing in bed, she will attack my pencil, which I usually surrender to her as I can just pull out a new one, but of course she's only interested in the one that's making those nice, scratchy noises. If I don't stop drawing to pet her face for at least 30 minutes, I am punished with the claws. It's my own fault for spoiling her rotten, and treating her like a baby princess for so long. Sometimes I laugh when I think about what cats must think of us, especially my cat. "ok, so here's this giant creature that could totally crush me or chase me off, but instead it wants to pamper me for no logical reason and feed me and make me fat and lazy. Well, that's ok I guess!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so there is this girl i like and i am waiting for the right moment to ask her out and
    i am hoping she doesnt have a boyfriend already.
    he hard part is i am too much of a coward at certain times so i shall wait for the right moment and
    psyche myself into having the courage and not cowering in fear!! if there is no right moment...i'll just stay forever alone -.-

Yo Yo YO Panel of the Week POW

Needs Critique CrimsonBows

Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!~ Bruce Lee

When one has no form, one can be all forms; when one has no style, he can fit in with any style.~ Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,321 Posts
    Follows
    Following

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ~KJK~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Today I met a puppy! She was tiny and adorable!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Kobryn View Post
    My Dad's book was finally accepted by a publisher! I'm really happy about that. It's not a major publisher, but they've had a number of best sellers under their belt.
    That is really, really cool! What is his book about?

Quote Originally Posted by BlightedArt View Post
    On my way home from uni yesterday I saw a teenager with his headphones on listening to rock music, I can tell he was listening to rock music because he had his skateboard in his hands and was playing it like an air guitar. Haha.

He was really getting into it too, puckered face and furrowed brow with his mouth beckoning the words and spinning on the spot as he walked home, +100 respect for doing that in public.
    I wish I had the guts to do something like that! But then again, I'd look very silly, considering what I listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by Parsakoira View Post
    i quit smoking, that is, until the next smoke
    Congrats for now then!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to amymist For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Keep off it, man! Good for you.

I think I posted about the book on here before. Click the link in my signature to view his facebook page and read the first chapter.

Kind of a shit day for me. Oh well.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to OldJake666 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good luck me and my partner hooked on E-Cigarettes, I'm smoking the Green Cow flavour at the moment which has guana and caffeine in, mixed with the nicotine it's a nice little pick me up when I'm craving a cig, highly recommend.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel Intheuk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ^ Is that just vaporized tobacco? I don't understand why anyone would rather smoke cigarettes (or anything actually) as opposed to vaporizing it, given the health risks of smoking. I don't quite understand why someone would want to use tobacco at all to begin with, but that's a whole other thing...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,321 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    i fell for my pall malls ;___; maybe better luck next time, i really dont like to smoke, makes me weaker

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jake Yes, I think it is, it's got something called glycosomething, the vapour is definitely nicer to smoke, I don't like being addicted to tobacco but when I'm drinking I can't help myself. I guess it's because I grew up watching my mum and dad smoke and it just seemed normal to me then it turned into a social thing at college and now it's a habit of one or two a day, not good. The great thing about e-cigs is that you can control the nicotine levels so you can ween yourself off and also the flavours are so cool, like black cherry, lemon meringue even chicken and you can mix your own flavours

Parsakoira Aw, sorry just keep at it, don't get disheartened

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 887 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Both my parents smoked.

And, I tried smoking at around age 10 or 11-- never found any appeal.

Drinking?

God! I love drinkin'!

(At a responsible level, at appropriate times, of course. . .)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like drinking in moderation too. I got a bit too happy with the stuff before, but can manage it really well now and have been able to for a couple years. An awesome gf helped with that.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 396 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Don`t drink, don`t do drugs.
    But man, do I love my morning cup of coffee and a smoke. Going through a pack a day, tho. Have no intention of smoking for the rest of my life, but for now...yea, OK, I admit, I`m addicted. And when I quit, it will have to be "cold turkey" style. No e-cigs here. But then again, this is the armpit of Europe, what would you expect?

On another note - I f#"%@! suck at making illustrations. I totally don`t get the shape of the body, and I`m having super hard time not only rotating it it space, but also keeping the proportions and symmetry of it while doing so. Ending in herp-derp looking characters. And they all look so...cute? Gawd...-___-`
    Totally am hating myself and the rest of the world ATM.
    Must eat something.
    Now.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    In a few weeks I can legally drink in the US, but I've never liked the taste of alcohol to begin with. I'm a boring person.

Those e-cigarette things made me scratch my head when I first saw them. They sound like something from a parody of science fiction.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just noticed the Banner for the Seven dollar sale for the Art Department videos has finally been replaced nearly two months after it was advertised to finish. Does that mean that CA finally has enough money to get 4.0 out the door?

Jordan Beeston
    Sketchbook Livestream Infinity Wars
    Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing. - Camille Pissarro

Quote Originally Posted by kev ferrara View Post
    We do transmutational yoga and eat alchemy sandwiches and ride flying unicorns of esoteric freudian solipsism while googling anthropology. Whee!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OniRem, don't wait for the "right moment". Whenever she is free, tell her you like her and then ask her if she can go out with you sometime. If she rejects, that's okay, you can still ask her again eventually.

Speaking of mine, I fell for a friend whom I have known casually for three years. All I knew was that we were very comfortable around each other. Ironic that the first conversation we had together was actually an aggressive fight. Who would have guessed that something like this would happen between us? (:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeston View Post
    Just noticed the Banner for the Seven dollar sale for the Art Department videos has finally been replaced nearly two months after it was advertised to finish. Does that mean that CA finally has enough money to get 4.0 out the door?
    I don't know, but I sure hope so. I think 4.0 will look really nice if it's still supposed to look like that screenshot Jason Manley showed a long time ago, so I'm hoping it comes out soon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by D.M. View Post
    OniRem, don't wait for the "right moment". Whenever she is free, tell her you like her and then ask her if she can go out with you sometime. If she rejects, that's okay, you can still ask her again eventually.

Speaking of mine, I fell for a friend whom I have known casually for three years. All I knew was that we were very comfortable around each other. Ironic that the first conversation we had together was actually an aggressive fight. Who would have guessed that something like this would happen between us? (:
    You know what! I am gonna straight up say to her "I like you"...
    Well, i just hope it will go smoother than that ... -.-
    I dont know how guys approach the ladies to ask them out, but I am just gonna suck it up and approach her when she is by herself and just ask her.

and after this is all over and whatever the her answer is,
    I am gonna go drop dead somewhere!

Yo Yo YO Panel of the Week POW

Needs Critique CrimsonBows

Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!~ Bruce Lee

When one has no form, one can be all forms; when one has no style, he can fit in with any style.~ Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I once went to Barnes and Nobles and asked a fat woman who works there if there were any animal anatomy books, her first response was "ew". My first impression on her comment was me thinking why she was having nasty fantasies about the stuff she eats. Then another clerk stepped in, she wasn't as fat, and she laughed a bit. Then she told me where the hundred dollar veterinarian textbooks are. These people live in a small bubble.

Last edited by Vay; September 29th, 2011 at 12:25 AM.
    My Sketchbook

Twinkle, twinkle little star
    I don't wonder what you are
    For by spectroscopic ken
    I know that you are hydrogen - Ian D.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Vay For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The only thing I hate about buying used books is how the previous owners of non-fiction texts usually mark it up from whenever they used them for a report or something.

Get a notepad, don't ruin the book! Why do people do that?

The clerk asked if I was going to use the Great Depression book I bought for an "art project" or something. (I wear my SCAD ID around my neck when I'm out and about.)

Uh...I guess? As research.

I can't shake the feeling that he thinks I'm gonna tear it apart to make a weird sculpture out of it or something.

Last edited by Psychotime; September 29th, 2011 at 12:47 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Been trying to get on with a caricature commission but I keep swinging between an unconvincing "I can do this, I can do this" to a more convincing " I suck! I should give up drawing"

I hate this crisis of confidence period, I think it's because I'm mainly problem solving which is frustrating and I'm on a deadline which sucks. I'm going to have a break from doing commissions after this..no..no more...for a while.

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.