Page 48 of 87 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Chatter

Thanks
    Thanked 1,914 Times in 835 Posts
    Well, yeah. There's the multiverse theory, and I think someone explained it as if the entirety of it all is like a big cheese, and all the infinite number of universes are holes in the cheese. And the cheese between those holes is constantly expanding...

What's interesting though is that some scientists calculated that all the matter and dark matter (I think) of the universe "adds up" as +-0. Which proves that the universe could have come out of absolutely nothing.
    Last edited by tobbA; August 5th, 2012 at 04:53 PM.
    "I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster"

Sketchy Link

Portfolio
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,103 Times in 2,488 Posts
    Tip of the day
    NEVER put regular dish washing soap in the automatic dishwasher. I have spent the last hour cleaning up bubbles off my kitchen floor. Its like the blob is coming out of my F'ing dishwasher. It was a two foot carpet of bubbles where tile should be!
    To make things worse the woman has been away for the weekend and she just called to say she will be home in two hours. Its like I'm trapped in a sad mundane version of the movie Risky Business without any good looking people and no one got laid.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dpaint For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,821 Times in 939 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dpaint View Post
    Tip of the day
    NEVER put regular dish washing soap in the automatic dishwasher. I have spent the last hour cleaning up bubbles off my kitchen floor. Its like the blob is coming out of my F'ing dishwasher. It was a two foot carpet of bubbles where tile should be!
    To make things worse the woman has been away for the weekend and she just called to say she will be home in two hours. Its like I'm trapped in a sad mundane version of the movie Risky Business without any good looking people and no one got laid.
    Shit that was brilliant.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,211 Posts
    Tip of the day
    I always imagined that you were some sort of crazy survivalist living far away from people in the woods and eating caterpillars when you weren't painting. And this pretty much confirms my theory.
    *** Sketchbook * Landscapes * Portfolio * Store***

"There are two kinds of students: the self-taught and the hopeless."
    - Dr. Piotr Rudnicki

Thanks
    Tip of the day
    I've done that before... It's much funnier when its someone else!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 608 Posts
    I'm glad I read that. Because otherwise it'd have been only a matter of time before I did it myself.

I can see it now. I run out of those cube thingies and just put in dish soap because it's "close enough" and don't feel like driving to the store.
    Last edited by Psychotime; August 5th, 2012 at 08:09 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,009 Times in 538 Posts
    Friends moving and left me a bunch of boxsets. Lord I haven't watched Outlaw Star in ages. That show was a masterpiece. Animation style you never see nowadays.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JFierce View Post
    Friends moving and left me a bunch of boxsets. Lord I haven't watched Outlaw Star in ages. That show was a masterpiece. Animation style you never see nowadays.
    Uhh...I'm halfway through that show (finally rewatching it after nearly 10 years) and I REALLY disagree with that. If you meant Cowboy Bebop, then sure.

Thanks
    Well no anime is at the level of Cowboy Bebop duh.
    But to each their own. It was back in the time where Sunrise was an amazing animation company.
    Their more recent stuff. Meh.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JFierce For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Talking about anime, the third movie of Evangelion: You can (not) redo, is coming this year.
    Also, i´m extremely excited about the 3 new berserk movies. (Even with that shitty cell-shading animation)
    "Every champion was once a challenger who refused to give up"

Sketchbook

Deviantart

Facebook

Thanks
    I was hoping for a continuation to the series since the original was only one arc and a ridiculously small portion of the story. Then I saw there was a 2nd series planned, then I saw screenshots, then I saw it was movies, then I saw it was CG and my face was like this

http://daybreaksdevotions.files.word...ce-300x199.jpg

Thanks
    I just watched the series and don't really want to watch films... Despite two last eps could be easily merged into one, I liked ending. It would be nice to know more but I can enjoy concepts anyway, overall it's how author wanted it to be - something more than another adventure manga/anime. His ideas were engaging but at the end he shows that what was really important, not an intrigue but his message. It was nothing very crucial at all, but uplifting and actually making you think... That is not typical for anime.

Thanks
    I hated the first Evangelion movie. REALLY hated it.

The completely nonsensical ending of the original series, where the budget issues were clearly in place, was a hilarious ending, if you ask me. I wish that was the real ending. That isn't to say that the movie WASN'T nonsensical, but it was a different KIND.

I might bother with the other ones one of these days. Evangelion was another one of those shows I only watched just to say that I did. It wasn't bad, honestly.

Madoka reminded me of it in a way, in that the kind of praise the show gets is overblown and sometimes stupid. But at least with Eva I'm not too surprised, given the type of nonsense that happens, along with the cross imagery everywhere that teenagers like to think is "deep".

One thing I really hate about most anime fans is that they're so insecure that they're seriously desperate to justify their cartoons as "art".

( Click to show/hide )
    Random Chatter

EDIT: Ugh, this is animation thread stuff. Sorry, I'll stay on "topic".
    Last edited by Psychotime; August 6th, 2012 at 03:00 PM.

Page 48 of 87 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast