Page 41 of 76 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Chatter

Thanks
    Thanked 1,260 Times in 401 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Eater View Post
    Is that your own personal promise? Or did someone actually suggest
    those additions? Good God I hope not.
    Oh now, come on. You read my previous post here, no? What do you think?

I`d say, subtle hints were given. It was a brief moment of sanity that actually got me making this rule. Thank God I have those every now and then... o_________________o

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,779 Times in 850 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PxelSlayer View Post
    Seff - absorbed moment #...wow, I lost track of it.

I`m willing to do a lot of things to get the job done. Legal things, mind you.

What ever it takes.

2 things, however, are NOT on that list. -

a.)adding more pouches and

2.) lens-flare.

No. Lens. Flare.

EVER.
    Real soldiers wear a fuck ton of pouches.
    Random Chatter
    I wouldn't say never to lens flares as an effect. The filter is still a good thing to never do. But even then. If you know how to use it then you can get away with it.
    Random Chatter

Thanks
    Thanked 2,360 Times in 1,213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Murphy View Post
    If you intend to draw or paint outside on a particularly sunny day, be sure to wear sunscreen or at least rotate yourself.

Otherwise you look ri-goddamn-diculous.
    If you stay out there long enough the sun switches sides.
    *** Sketchbook * Landscapes * Portfolio * Store***

"There are two kinds of students: the self-taught and the hopeless."
    - Dr. Piotr Rudnicki

Thanks
    Thanked 1,272 Times in 887 Posts
    If "Space" is the result of the Big Bang, in what, precisely, did the Big Bang happen?

Thanks
    So...um, I am having a tough time affording to pay of the amount due for this art school, and each day, something gets in the way of me getting approved for a loan.
    The excitement of going to an art school becomes a slow progress of descending into depression as the deadline draw ever so closer each day. I feel like its not worth it anymore now.

so...if I can't pay off the amount due, how hard is it to be a self-taught animator?

Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!~ Bruce Lee

When one has no form, one can be all forms; when one has no style, he can fit in with any style.~ Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Thanked 1,009 Times in 538 Posts
    I've always been one of those people who has a few close friends over a dozen or so regular friends you might hang out with rarely. But reaching the point where my friends are moving and it's frankly getting depressing. Problems galore in life then one of my friends just moved across the globe to Hawaii (which I'm happy as hell for him) but now even communication with phone is going to be a pain since I'm east coast and it's like a 6-7 hour time difference.

Then on top of that I busted my foot on a waterslide a few days before he left and it's still swollen a bit. Never wear glasses to a waterpark. Riding down the waterslide then realize "Oh shit, at the bottom my glasses will get flung off and maybe break". Grab the glasses but then have only one hand which throws off the balance and BAM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 608 Posts
    http://animalsbehavingbadly.blogspot...rry-about.html

Well this is amusing.

Between 2003 and 2008, 108 people died from cattle-induced injuries across the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. That’s 27 times the whopping four people killed in shark attacks in the United States during the same time period, according to the International Shark Attack File. Nearly all those cow-related fatalities were caused by blunt force trauma to the head or chest; a third of the victims were working in enclosed spaces with cattle.
    What's more, with cows, it's personal. Sharks just think you're a delicious seal and mistakenly take a taste. But here's some detail from the CDC report on bovine murder:

In about 3/4 of the cases “the animal was deemed to have purposefully struck the victim.”

One of the murderous bulls had been hand-raised and bottle-fed by the victim and his family.
    If you don't believe it, check out this story of a vengeful bull in India:

The bull apparently kept a watch on frail Bhoop Narayan Prajapati, 65, and attacked him when he was having his morning tea, a day after he had thrown hot water on it for sitting in front of his hut. Prajapati ran inside his thatched hut to escape, but the bull followed him, pushed him to the ground twice and gored him.

Apparently there was a long history between this man and this bull: Six months earlier, he hit the animal with a stick and it retaliated, landing him in the hospital for a month.

And not only did the animal plot its revenge for months, it made sure its attack had been successful, and after he died, it returned to gloat:

The bull followed the man when he was being taken to a hospital and later appeared at the crematorium during his funeral.
    DAMN, and that was in India! Imagine what a cow in any other country would do if it could discover the reason it was raised on a farm?

Yeah yeah, they should make a movie out of it. Like the farmers test out a new steroid that accidentally gives the cows sentience, and they start a revolt.
    Last edited by Psychotime; August 4th, 2012 at 09:00 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,922 Times in 838 Posts
    If "Space" is the result of the Big Bang, in what, precisely, did the Big Bang happen?
    I think that's the million dollar question.
    "I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster"

Sketchy Link

Portfolio

Thanks
    Thanked 1,272 Times in 887 Posts
    The current idea seems to be that what we call "Space" is actually a "thing" in and of itself that contains a lotta stuff.

Perhaps the "area" before the Big Bang was "Really Empty Space."

Then I guess you get into the questions of how big is Really Empty Space, where did it come from, is there anything on the outside of it, and where did the Banging stuff come from?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,922 Times in 838 Posts
    Well, yeah. There's the multiverse theory, and I think someone explained it as if the entirety of it all is like a big cheese, and all the infinite number of universes are holes in the cheese. And the cheese between those holes is constantly expanding...

What's interesting though is that some scientists calculated that all the matter and dark matter (I think) of the universe "adds up" as +-0. Which proves that the universe could have come out of absolutely nothing.
    Last edited by tobbA; August 5th, 2012 at 04:53 PM.
    "I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster"

Sketchy Link

Portfolio

Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 2,703 Posts
    Tip of the day
    NEVER put regular dish washing soap in the automatic dishwasher. I have spent the last hour cleaning up bubbles off my kitchen floor. Its like the blob is coming out of my F'ing dishwasher. It was a two foot carpet of bubbles where tile should be!
    To make things worse the woman has been away for the weekend and she just called to say she will be home in two hours. Its like I'm trapped in a sad mundane version of the movie Risky Business without any good looking people and no one got laid.

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dpaint For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 966 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dpaint View Post
    Tip of the day
    NEVER put regular dish washing soap in the automatic dishwasher. I have spent the last hour cleaning up bubbles off my kitchen floor. Its like the blob is coming out of my F'ing dishwasher. It was a two foot carpet of bubbles where tile should be!
    To make things worse the woman has been away for the weekend and she just called to say she will be home in two hours. Its like I'm trapped in a sad mundane version of the movie Risky Business without any good looking people and no one got laid.
    Shit that was brilliant.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,360 Times in 1,213 Posts
    Tip of the day
    I always imagined that you were some sort of crazy survivalist living far away from people in the woods and eating caterpillars when you weren't painting. And this pretty much confirms my theory.
    *** Sketchbook * Landscapes * Portfolio * Store***

"There are two kinds of students: the self-taught and the hopeless."
    - Dr. Piotr Rudnicki

Thanks
    Tip of the day
    I've done that before... It's much funnier when its someone else!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 608 Posts
    I'm glad I read that. Because otherwise it'd have been only a matter of time before I did it myself.

I can see it now. I run out of those cube thingies and just put in dish soap because it's "close enough" and don't feel like driving to the store.
    Last edited by Psychotime; August 5th, 2012 at 08:09 PM.

Page 41 of 76 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast