Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Chatter

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    soo many hot girls in my classes...I cant take my eyes off from them x]

Yo Yo YO Panel of the Week POW

Needs Critique CrimsonBows

Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!~ Bruce Lee

When one has no form, one can be all forms; when one has no style, he can fit in with any style.~ Bruce Lee
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    coffee coffee coffee coffee

when the hell are they gonna start making electric car recharging stations? that's why no one has electric cars! Cuz they can only drive them a battery's length away from their garage outlets! Come on, cause and effect!

And a word to people who bash electric bicycles: they are a great idea! Sure, they may not be for training or fitness purposes, but they could replace cars on short commutes and do a whole lot of good! You recharge the battery when you pedel, and then when you get to a tough hill or area, you just switch on the electric motor, and save your business suit or whatever from getting all sweaty. Owning one bike for fitness and one electric bike for commutes and a metro card for longer bus rides is still way cheaper and more eco-friendly than getting a car!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Saramel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 608 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    If I wasn't too worried about theives (and there are alot of them) I'd definitely get a bike. I hate driving in the first place.

To update for anyone who cares, I actually did get that clean up job! Surprised the hell out of me.

It's a little awkward sending stuff to and from higher ups who are 3 time zones away, though. Makes the lead's evaluations a real pain to wait on when you're an early bird like me.

Speaking of which, my sleeping habits are normal again.

I know I have to be annoying one of the other clean up artists (who's been on the team for a while) with my constant rookie questions. It was either pester her or pester one of the bosses. And uh...

Last edited by Psychotime; August 26th, 2011 at 05:39 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 887 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Saramel View Post

when the hell are they gonna start making electric car recharging stations? that's why no one has electric cars!
    Wrong!

People who work for a living, who want to own single family homes, and who want to put their kids through college, don't want to own a goddam $45,000 death-trap golf cart!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Today I bicycled down to our city's little airport and drew airplanes and any weird vehicles I found. I normally hate drawing vehicles but I had a lot of fun. It was a good day.

My Sketchbook

And then God said, "Let us make man in our likeness and our image. Let us make him ridiculously hard to draw so that poor artists everywhere will have to spend 10,000+ hours failing repeatedly before they can begin to capture the form and likeness onto a two-dimensional surface." And there was man. And it was good. And artists everywhere lost their minds.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 871 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    God damn this week has had the weirdest ups and downs for me. Some real excitement and euphoria, but also some anxiety. I've been freaking out for the past couple of days over how awesome, meticulous, and detailed Aaron Horkey's artwork is. I've been trying to come to terms over the fact that I will never be able to produce anything close to that quality. D:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    It's been humid lately and I think it has brought out the rodents. Now they have taken over. It's only been a week. I keep hearing them scratching inside the walls. This sucks. I have to cover up all of the food and play music at night to drown out the sound of their horrid scurrying.

They went after my dog's food, so I put out traps. Some poor 3 pound squirl was caught on a glue trap. It was too feroscious and alive to just throw in the garbage. Luckily it manged to crawl off with the glue trap. I wish that motherfucker the best of luck. I can admire that kind of moxy.

There's also a mouse caught in an old fashionned trap next to my trash. It too refuses to die. I think it's living off of old coffee dregs. I hope all of the poison I layed out works. I think I'm going to crash out at my brother's house for a couple of days until the mice lose the will to live.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raoul Duke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    FFFFF all the art classes are full (even the waitlists are full...!!!!) and it wasn't even my fault, college had put lock on my account b/c THEY lost my transcript. toast to another 4 mo of self study! woohoo. but I had really been hoping for some face-to-face talk with other art students and teachers.. sigh.

Last edited by cloudcan; August 31st, 2011 at 10:16 PM.
    Hey you! Yes, you! Crit me!

My CA.org Sketchbook 1 Last page Bashing much needed and appreciated!
    My daily art blog (all the junk and personal crap that my CA sketchbook doesn't have)

Feel free to shoot me a pm anytime~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey my account this quarter got locked down and all the classes were full too! Random Chatter

My Sketchbook

And then God said, "Let us make man in our likeness and our image. Let us make him ridiculously hard to draw so that poor artists everywhere will have to spend 10,000+ hours failing repeatedly before they can begin to capture the form and likeness onto a two-dimensional surface." And there was man. And it was good. And artists everywhere lost their minds.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,689 Times in 1,646 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Couple days ago I ended up being waken up by something that sounded like a ten pound mosquito flying around in our house. The sound came from the refrigerator.

Also I ended up registering to a "Drawing as a form of Expression" art class and I'm honestly pretty skeptical about what it ends up being like. It will be like an adventure to uncertainty.

"I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Tiny- The title "Drawing as a form of Expression" alone sounds like hippy theory. I hope you didn't pay alot for it. But there could be something to it. I'm recently taking an environment concept design class and I've come to the conclusion that I have no original ideas. I keep drawing boxes out of habbit. I never noticed any limits to my creativity until now. It could be the first time it's been challenged. So just think of you teacher as a hard assed client.

cloudcan and brian-Independent resourcefulness is more important then any class. Classes are great for direction. Although I'm lucky enough to be in a situation with no obligation to time. I wait for classes that I can afford and need. I probably only take about one semester worth of calsses or less a year. I plan on taking classes here and there forever though. There is always something to improve at.

I have recently found it hard to think outside of my head. I'm very proud of my ideas, but ideas are not concepts. I'm still not clear on the difference. I'm just now catching onto the difference. I think ideas are logical and concepts are abstract. Could logic be getting in my way?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,689 Times in 1,646 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Tiny- The title "Drawing as a form of Expression" alone sounds like hippy theory. I hope you didn't pay alot for it. But there could be something to it.
    It was moderately expensive, but it also promises personal/personified teaching based on your skills, drawing both from mind and observation and talks about the technical side of drawing so I'm sure I'll get something out of it, at least forcing myself to draw more.

"I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni Rem View Post
    soo many hot girls in my classes...I cant take my eyes off from them x]
    GIT DER!

School starting tomorrow. Kind of excited, kind of not.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I saw a homeless woman today, sat down by the street, exposing her left breast to feed her baby on the always busy Canal Street in Chinatown, NYC. She wore a peach colored shirt and her baby was shrouded with some rags. They both look like they had not taken a shower for a long time. Half-way home, I realized how wonderful would it have been if I had bought her a carton of milk and a baby bottle. Maybe I will try this tomorrow.

Oh, and on my way home, I saw a homeless man sleeping under a monument in front of Seward Park with three-quarters of his ass exposed.

Last edited by Vay; August 31st, 2011 at 07:25 PM.
    My Sketchbook

Twinkle, twinkle little star
    I don't wonder what you are
    For by spectroscopic ken
    I know that you are hydrogen - Ian D.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ^ I'm not down grading your gesture, but if she's still breastfeeding then she probably wouldn't have wanted it. Baby formula, perhaps.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by manlybrian View Post
    I guess you could always just...

Apparently, punching a bear "in the face" will do the trick:

http://bostonherald.com/news/offbeat...ff#articleFull

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Kamber Parrk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    loool, the guy is aswome )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Workin' on finishing that Scott Robertson's DVD: Matte Rendering Vol. 1 since I put it off for so long. Had another art slump for a few months now...I'm slowly getting back out of it. >_<

Also, getting kind of lonely, as my birthday just passed (24) and it never fails as a constant reminder that I have no Girlfriend/Significant Other...this feeling sucks!

Anywho, gonna try and be awesome today! to help with the 'art slumps', NEED to find a way to get rid of them. o_o;

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Happy Belated Birthday Nakhon!
    You don't need a significant other to be happy, monsieur

The only thing in my mind nowadays is working hard to improve my art.
    (does that make sense gramatically? lol)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What a long, boring week.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It just occurred to me... which way was the artificial gravity on the Death Star oriented?

Googled it.

Apparently:
    The Death Star's interior followed two orientations. Those areas closest to the surface were built with concentric decks with gravity oriented towards the Death Star's core. Past this shell of surface "sprawls", the Death Star's interior had stacked decks with gravity pointing toward the station's southern pole.
    That doesn't make sense, because the docks shown in the film had hangars perpendicular to the star's surface. Maybe i'm just a terrible nerd.

Last edited by Beeston; September 10th, 2011 at 12:50 PM.

Jordan Beeston
    Sketchbook Livestream Infinity Wars
    Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing. - Camille Pissarro

Quote Originally Posted by kev ferrara View Post
    We do transmutational yoga and eat alchemy sandwiches and ride flying unicorns of esoteric freudian solipsism while googling anthropology. Whee!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Beeston For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man, my sleeping habits are starting to bug me. Since August, whenever I had something to do, regardless of the time, I'd wake up at 4 or 5 am just cause.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't like rats, mice or big oil companies.

You would think that the free-market would provide a variety of car types (solar, bio fuel, electric), but it's the same old gasoline. Prices overall would go down if there was competition.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so i still dont know why some girls in my class like to look at me, i am still clueless about that :/

Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!~ Bruce Lee

When one has no form, one can be all forms; when one has no style, he can fit in with any style.~ Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ^ Maybe they want to slather your body in whipped cream and lick it off?

But really, next time you see a girl looking at you, maybe smile at them? And/or hold the eye connection for a bit.

Last edited by OldJake666; September 17th, 2011 at 02:36 PM.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to OldJake666 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni Rem View Post
    so i still dont know why some girls in my class like to look at me, i am still clueless about that :/
    Do this.

They'll never look at you again.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Psychotime For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Kobryn View Post
    ^ Maybe they want to slather your body in whipped cream and lick it off?

But really, next time you see a girl looking at you, maybe smile at them? And/or hold the eye connection for a bit.
    haha, yeah its getting pretty hot thinking about that, i'll leave that in my dreams
    Well the problem is with smiling back...i smile alot, but as to maintian that smile at them with eye contact...i mind as well ball up into something because
    i cant handle it ><

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotime View Post
    Do this.

They'll never look at you again.
    well problem with that face is i can't imitate it as good as that, i'll just look really stupid trying to look that bad ass, probably turned out like this

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So, in Star Trek, they had that "Transporter."

Well, why the hell d'ya even need a star ship when you have something like that?

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.