Random Chatter - Page 3

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Chatter

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    She must have run into another guy better looking than you afterwards and erased you from her memory. That's how it works.

Jordan Beeston
    Sketchbook Livestream Infinity Wars
    Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing. - Camille Pissarro

Quote Originally Posted by kev ferrara View Post
    We do transmutational yoga and eat alchemy sandwiches and ride flying unicorns of esoteric freudian solipsism while googling anthropology. Whee!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    black people and other people with "kinky hair" be happy that you don't suffer from an ugly scraggly crotch that straight-hair people have. it hurts because the individual hair strands get pulled when you run for the hills. your crotch probably hurts less than mine too and it looks like a nice field of small bushes in a savannah after you shave it. mine? it looks like a mindfuck no matter how much i groom it. and it hurts when the sharp, pointy straight-hairs become ingrown hairs after i shave my balls for a girlfriend

maybe I should grow my pubic hair and tie it with a soft pink bow or something as a 'surprise'

and i thought now it was mostly black girls pressuring other black girls to straighten their hair, not white people who explicitly tell a black person to morph into a caucasian.

i honestly dont think anyone's trying to look like a different race when they try to get something that other races usually have
    a black chick who straightens her hair wants to look like a black chick with straight hair, not a white chick (hopefully)
    and white people arent the only ones with straight hair because kinky hair (the spongy kind) is almost unique to africans. no other races have it to that much kinkiness. so yea i understand why black people would feel that straight hair is the 'norm' when everyone else has straight hairs. but if i was black and had kinky hair i'd be fucking proud because only africans have it

i can go on FOREVER about how people of difference races want something they usually dont have (USUALLY). all races are guilty of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Kobryn View Post
    .... That was odd.

My rant: girls are fucking weird. Met a girl last week, she came on to me not the other way around, she was quite flirtatious, we exchanged contact info, I sent her an email - she never responded. Ran into her again today, she was friendly but not as flirty, I asked her if she got my email to which her reply was an awkward "um... yeaah" like she was weirded out by it. My email was really standard, nice to meet you, etc. Whatever. Someday I'll possess the power of insight to be able to realize what I actually did to make her feel uncomfortable.
    thats not strange at all. i think when she's just starting to know you of course she's going to be nice and flirtatious. if you sent her an email and she never talks about it, dont mention the email until she mentions it first. maybe she didnt know what to say to the email, maybe she forgot to reply. give her room to respond on her own terms without you asking, asking her if she got the email when she didn't reply.... kind of puts her on spot so shes gonna feel trapped and awkward and a bit guilty

this isnt advice though its just a guess lol. im pulling things out of my ass i am just trying to see from my own perspective if i was a girl in that position

~*the artistic journey is like giving birth, its gonna hurt and you know you suck but you cant give up because there is no such thing as "giving up" in childbirth*~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Stragan: Race doesn't exist. Everyone is equal. Everyone is free to pursue their dreams. Everyone is different yet we are all the same. Everyone is an individual and has individual tastes. We are undivided. We are legion. We will get whatever hair we want.

Jordan Beeston
    Sketchbook Livestream Infinity Wars
    Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing. - Camille Pissarro

Quote Originally Posted by kev ferrara View Post
    We do transmutational yoga and eat alchemy sandwiches and ride flying unicorns of esoteric freudian solipsism while googling anthropology. Whee!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Beeston For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 887 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    So, if you had to fight a bear, which UNARMED martial art would work best?

And, which techniques would be the most useful against a bear?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm pretty sure you'd have to choke a bear out.

My Sketchbook

And then God said, "Let us make man in our likeness and our image. Let us make him ridiculously hard to draw so that poor artists everywhere will have to spend 10,000+ hours failing repeatedly before they can begin to capture the form and likeness onto a two-dimensional surface." And there was man. And it was good. And artists everywhere lost their minds.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by manlybrian View Post
    I'm pretty sure you'd have to choke a bear out.
    My concern is that the bear would have a rather thick neck-- lots of fur, fat and muscle-- think it would be hard to get an elbow under its "chin" so that you could use your forearm to compress its carotid artery in the classic fashion.

Plus, standard defense, for a human, against a choke hold is to grab the forearm like a steering wheel and turn/lever the arm over top your head.

Assuming you could get your arm around the bear's neck, it would probably counter by just shredding the crap out of your arm with its claws.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 608 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Ugh. I killed my car. Somehow I unwittingly put oil in my transmission.

What a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamber Parrk View Post
    And, which techniques would be the most useful against a bear?
    Stop hits if you're hardcore to the second power.

Last edited by Psychotime; August 14th, 2011 at 03:58 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    So, if you had to fight a bear, which UNARMED martial art would work best?
    But I have a right to arms against bears. If we didn't have that right, bears would take over.

"Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 396 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by s.ketch View Post
    But I have a right to arms against bears. If we didn't have that right, bears would take over.
    Now, now, that is not nice!
    I, as a true pacifist, say "Stop, drop, and roll".

Oh, and "Scream".
    Don`t forget to scream!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PxelSlayer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My concern is that the bear would have a rather thick neck-- lots of fur, fat and muscle-- think it would be hard to get an elbow under its "chin" so that you could use your forearm to compress its carotid artery in the classic fashion.

Plus, standard defense, for a human, against a choke hold is to grab the forearm like a steering wheel and turn/lever the arm over top your head.

Assuming you could get your arm around the bear's neck, it would probably counter by just shredding the crap out of your arm with its claws.
    I guess you could always just...

My Sketchbook

And then God said, "Let us make man in our likeness and our image. Let us make him ridiculously hard to draw so that poor artists everywhere will have to spend 10,000+ hours failing repeatedly before they can begin to capture the form and likeness onto a two-dimensional surface." And there was man. And it was good. And artists everywhere lost their minds.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to manlybrian For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 882 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by PxelSlayer View Post
    Now, now, that is not nice!
    I, as a true pacifist, say "Stop, drop, and roll".

Oh, and "Scream".
    Don`t forget to scream!
    lol

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh my god i havenít seen that show in years

It would take me seven days with no sleep to watch them all

I have many other things to do, Iíll draw

Ok, one episode

Two weeks later

Shit

Nothing Of Interest......Yet

"Being remembered for living is worth dying for"

Midnight's Sketchbook Feel free to rip my work apart constructively

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am bored. And I am tired of bugs being so stupid. Especially the ones that fly and make a lot of noise, namely various black and yellow ones and blowflies. Why the fuck are they able to find the smallest crack in my window to get in but when I open the entire thing they still only manage to bang against the glass. Why am I ranting about this? Just some 20 minutes ago a hornet or alike flew in and went totally nutters. Banged itself relentlessly against the ceiling and walls, fell down and repeated again. Then fell on me and stinged me even though I was perfectly still. My wrist hurts more than I would've imagined it to and is swelling up pretty nicely. I am typing this from on the stairs of my apartment building in a nightgown too scared to go inside.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I miss the cicadas. I love those things.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My mind has been blown today.

First I learn that the character John Munch (who's always been played by Richard Belzer) has crossed over with THE X-FILES. No no, not Richard Belzer played a character in an X-Files episode, THE CHARACTER JOHN MUNCH HAS TEAMED UP WITH MULDER AND SCULLY! HOLY SHIT!

It's the 5th season episode "Unusual Suspects".

Also this:

Too bad Ice T isn't there. Nice in-joke referring to Stabler by his actor's name.

Yeah, I'm a bit of a Law and Order fan.

Last edited by Psychotime; August 16th, 2011 at 03:29 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Psychotime For This Useful Post:

Vay

Thanks
    Thanked 5,635 Times in 3,789 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by stragan View Post
    and i thought now it was mostly black girls pressuring other black girls to straighten their hair, not white people who explicitly tell a black person to morph into a caucasian.
    I hate that ironed look and so many girls where I live have it. The black guys are now wearing 1970's afros with no problems and they look great. Everyone looks best with the hair they were born with - they look like a real person, not a doll. My ex-childminder shaved her head (Nigerian) and boy does she look sexy and no way can pale people compete - we tend to have lumpier heads or look like we're recovering from something bad. My eldest has wild curls and hates them, even though I told him girls love them (his girlfriend will back me up on this) and will insist on getting them cut, but not a severe as he used to.

So guys and gals, enjoy what you were given as there is always someone, somewhere jealous of what you've got.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 871 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Thanked 5,635 Times in 3,789 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I'd go Grace Jones and make you all afraid. FEAR ME MINIONS. Oops, got a bit carried away.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My dad's always had something of a fro, I doubt I'd even recognize him if he ever got rid of it, but I've never liked growing my hair too long. Especially in this weather.

One afternoon I was cutting grass and it got so bad that it felt like my brain was cooking.

Eesh, I hate heat.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 722 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I wish I could have long hair. I used to, but it's thinning out on top and it would just look too awful. Balding sucks.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 871 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    If any female CA artist peeps know their Jung/Myers Briggs personality type and wouldn't mind me asking them three not-so-personal questions, shoot me a message. Fueled by my own curiosity, I'm drawing comparisons between MB and another type of psychological evaluation.

If you don't know your type, there are a ton of free tests out there. Just google it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,329 Times in 271 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Few days ago an Ant crawled across computer screen, flicked it with the usual thumb & index technique and thought I missed because it was still there. Had a closer look and I must've decapitated the poor bastard cause he had no head! Felt guilty for half the day till I had dinner. I even failed to kill a mouse once after the trap just snapped on his leg and the wee fella was making a hell of a racket dragging that shit down the corridor. Ended up letting it go in the end, just don't have it in me :/

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    Few days ago an Ant crawled across computer screen, flicked it with the usual thumb & index technique and thought I missed because it was still there. Had a closer look and I must've decapitated the poor bastard cause he had no head! Felt guilty for half the day till I had dinner. I even failed to kill a mouse once after the trap just snapped on his leg and the wee fella was making a hell of a racket dragging that shit down the corridor. Ended up letting it go in the end, just don't have it in me :/
    I caught a mouse in a glue trap a few months ago. I prefer glue traps because they're non-lethal even though they're still painful and scary to the mice. Anyways I gently pull the mouse off the trap and decided to keep it until I got the chance to re-release it back into the wild. Obviously I didn't want to just let it go outside my house because it would just come back in.

So I took an old hamster cage, put some bedding in it, some water and some bread/peanut butter. Of course the thing was terrified of me and tried desperately to escape.

One day I go to check on the mouse. I opened up the box and it was sitting in a big pile of bedding surrounded by squirming pink things. When I first caught it, I assumed it was male. I was wrong. So then I had no choice but to keep it.

For some reason, I couldn't figure it out she died but her babies didn't (at first). So I did some research on the internet and found out how to take care of them. All but one died the first night. Two right in my hand. I was keeping them close to me for warmth. I built an incubator for the remaining mouse baby and hand fed it warm milk per internet instructions. It survived an extra day and a half. But it too passed on.

I will never, ever, do that again. Whatever I catch will go right back out.

"Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm getting pretty damn tired of every other customer service person decreeing my transaction as "perfect."

No, it is not perfect!

I simply ordered a beverage, you dispensed it, and then I gave you some money.

Perfection does not factor into it. . .

Where the hell did this come from?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh man I am ecstatic right now.

Reverge Labs has openings for clean up duty on their Skullgirls project (something I've been keeping my eye on since high school). They don't need a portfolio (though it helps), instead they test you by giving you a fake assignment and decide from there.

I seriously doubt I passed, but it was the best kick in the ass I've gotten in a long time and it was long overdue.

Best thing to happen to me all summer, hands down.

Last edited by Psychotime; August 21st, 2011 at 02:19 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm getting pretty damn tired of every other customer service person decreeing my transaction as "perfect."

No, it is not perfect!

I simply ordered a beverage, you dispensed it, and then I gave you some money.

Perfection does not factor into it. . .

Where the hell did this come from?
    Appearantly they're trying out positive reinforcement with customers, trying to lessen the numbers of rude people, gold-star-in-your-book psychology bullshite.

But, this comes outvreally deuche-y

My SketchBook

--Wait, whut? --
    Anonymous

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Kobryn View Post
    I think we need one of these threads, so we don't have a billion little threads of odd random thoughts throughout the lounge. I VAGUELY remember something like this existing, but perhaps not, and if it DID exist, it's clearly dead now. Post anything you want, whether it's weird, funny, sad, questioning, etc.

I'll go:

Today I think I finally know how people who only post art on DeviantArt feel like once they first post on ConceptArt. I was posting some poems on little poetry communities and receiving basically only positive feedback. Against my own wisdom, I blindly believed that positive feedback and was feeling sort of decent about myself. And then I posted on another, much more professional website that actually publishes the works of renowned contemporary poets throughout the world. My poems were basically ripped to shreds. Unfortunately the poems were NOT critiqued so constructively as one might be on CA even if they came from DA. My poetry was called bland, immature, juvenile, and cliche'. One person even quoted Keats who said that "if poetry come not as naturally as the leaves of a tree it has better not come at all" and that perhaps it shouldn't come from me. And then I found myself with my guitar struggling to find a chord progression, a melody... ANYTHING (other than some stupid little riff I wrote that sounded a bit like Opeth) that I can build a song out of. If the man himself is the medium of the artwork, it's days such as these that give me cause to question my own self worth. And with this (and other sources) the depression is seeping slowly but steadily back in.

And with that I close my random thought. Mine wasn't so cheerful, but that doesn't mean that yours has to be about struggle.
    It's not your writing, it's your world view that is so goddamn naive. You really think that CA is 'superior' to DA?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If truth is a commodity, who are the owners of your convictions?

Sketchbook
    Old Sketchbook
    Blog
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Can't get this tune out of my head:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

IT WON'T LEAVE!

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.