Random Chatter - Page 35
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1147

Thread: Random Chatter

Thanks
    Thanked 1,779 Times in 848 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Another cautionary tale brought to you by Jack Daniels

A fist full of years ago I threw a labor day kegger. I just came down with a summer cold, but the party must go on. There was already a keg of beer. My friend was making a run out to town and I was drinking on an empty stomach. I gave him 40 bucks to get 10 chicken sandwiches and a bottle "grampas old cough syrup". He comes back with a fifth of jack, another keg and some fucking skinheads he sold weed to and not a single chicken sandwich in sight. I grab the bottle, spit in it and claim it for my lunch.

BLACKOUT

Next thing it was midnight. My knuckles were bloody I had lost my shirt and I was spotted with bruises. There was shattered glass and blood and everybody was really pissed off at me.

The rest is based on hear say.

As it turned out I kept slapping the skinheads in an effort to get them out of there. Problem was I already kicked their ride out and they had no way to get home. I guess they finally got fed up with being slapped around like bitches. Basically a riot broke out and I was going berzerker on everybody within arms reach including everybody that was just watching my back.

Last edited by Raoul Duke; January 20th, 2013 at 06:43 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raoul Duke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 936 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Haha that sounds so much like my 18th, after beers, tequilas, rum I polished off a fishbowl.
    Then I had to hear about what I did the next day. I was so fucking ashamed.

Only time in my life that I ever blacked out.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

5. The Following User Says Thank You to keeptime For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Eater View Post
    Haha that sounds so much like my 18th, after beers, tequilas, rum I polished off a fishbowl.
    Then I had to hear about what I did the next day. I was so fucking ashamed.

Only time in my life that I ever blacked out.
    I've blacked out 3 times (I know of) and all of them involved Jack Daniels. Problem is I can chug that shit. That's why I've sort of grown into slow sippin whiskey.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 936 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    I've blacked out 3 times (I know of) and all of them involved Jack Daniels. Problem is I can chug that shit. That's why I've sort of grown into slow sippin whiskey.
    You're right. I polished off a bottle of old number 7 at my bachelors and chased it with a couple of joints.
    I didnt black out, but I forgot some choice moments, like when I got driven home I was hanging out of the car window cussing at the cops. Poor guy who gave me a lift was traumatized.

I was doing great until I got home and wasnt drinking...then had to go throw up. Wife found me all curled up on the bed, she only got home from her bachelorettes hours later. I'm a cheap
    date, she on the other hand can drink other guys under the table.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I blacked out and woke up with bloodied knuckles just last week. The amazing part is, despite whatever shit I did, I woke up at the third runner up for the Norwegian Next Top Model's place.

To this day (And I've been asking around) I still don't know what happened.

EDIT: It wasn't Jack though. This new megaclub just opened in Oslo which in exchange for cage dancers and fancy drinks, has whole roasted pigs and hundreds of exotic beers. I've found Nirvana. What pushed me to the blackout point was a Fernet Branca buffet in the early afternoon followed by a dozen IPA's.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,518 Times in 2,458 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by iambanana View Post
    Fernet Branca
    mmm, pour an ashtray into some guiness= Fernet Branca!

sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, if it's free, drink it.

Can't say it's among my favorites. I enjoy it enough. It's my friend who's an absolute Fernet-freak, and threw a Fernet party to celebrate his coming home from studying in China. Now, when I'm feeling REALLY sadistic, I drink Ratzeputz.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm really glad CA exists. I go to studio classes and people say things like "Oh, it's so cool you draw stuff from real life and practice! I never do that!". It gives me such an inflated ego. Then I come here to see the amount of time I spend practicing fundamentals is laughable compared to so many others, and it reminds me how far I still have to go. CA's such a great reality check.

Check out my sketchbook! Socially acceptable opportunity to yell at a teenage girl!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to keeptime For This Useful Post:

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 Times in 3,593 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Spammer on WC offered to pay me to put links in my signature. Ha!

Reported and banned by their mods.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,555 Times in 607 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotime View Post
    Looks like Noah Bradley is gonna speak to SCAD students on Tuesday.

I hope he looks as much as a smartass as I've always imagined since he last changed his avatar.

Don't misconstrue that, Noah's a cool dude with alot of skill and alot of good advice. But since he last changed his avatar (which is rare) I've always had that image stuck in my head whenever I read anything he writes.

It sets a certain tone, and I always found it funny. That's not his real face, is it?
    Yep, that's his face, all right. Mustache and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotime View Post
    Wait a minute, she thought I had Aspergers?

...Uh, wait? Yeah, I have to set this straight before it gets out of hand.

I'm pretty damn sure I don't have that. Routines, rituals, laser precision interests? Now it explains the odd questions.

Supposedly a lack of interest in fiction is pretty common? Really?

What did I just get myself into?
    So it went from "Aspergers" to "High Aspergers" to "MIGHT not have it at all" in an hour or two.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 539 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    This was the most bizzare and a little scary issue we've had with our dogs in a long time.
    We have a doberman. Randomly someone will come home and occasionally they'll have these bison bones
    If you don't know they are the look kind of like a standard bone but the middle has the marrow which dogs like.

But anyways we have a few older ones sitting around, but this one it was just like a small section of a tube, like maybe a few inches or so wide. Somehow our doberman, got this bone, behind his front teeth and wrapped completely around his lower jaw. So you can't pull it out because the teeth are in the way and the lower jaw there's not even half an inch to budge it. It was ridiculously tight.

I kept saying "How the hell is this even possible....."

Got some wire cutters and had to snip off pieces of the bone until we got just enough wiggle room to get it off. But good lord. He got pinched a bit (not cut) while trying to get it off and was thoroughly freaked out.

But it's off and everythings fine. Luckily didn't take long and it didn't freak me out much, just was really surprised and still don't know how it even was possible.

Last edited by JFierce; January 26th, 2013 at 06:14 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,555 Times in 607 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    That sounded like something you should have taken a picture of.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 539 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Someone in my house did, but don't have a way to upload anything with that camera here. It was pretty freaky.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's insane! I've heard of dogs choking on bones before, but never wedging it around their jaw like that.

On Tuesday I went to go look at a house. The landlord asked me beforehand if I was okay with pets and I said yes. When I arrived I was immediately jumped on by two Australian cattle dogs. The landlord got them under control and then I saw four OTHER dogs staring at me, in addition to four cats upstairs. Turns out the landlord works as an animal rescuer and fosters dogs/cats while they're waiting for an adopter. I feel there's a big difference between "are you okay with pets" and "are you okay with ten or more animals, many of which are untrained and/or have problems with humans".

Besides the amount of animals, the whole house was a disaster. It was extremely dirty and stunk completely of dog. The last tenant was literally a hoarder/kleptomaniac who destroyed the carpet and stole a lot of stuff, right down to the light covers. Think of anything that would turn you off from a place and that house probably had it.

Happy ending to the story is I'm signing a lease for a nice townhouse with a great roommate/landlord. We've been chatting for about a month now and have a lot of similar interests, so I think it'll work out well. I'm currently living in a student residence, so when I move it'll be the first time I'm without a safety net and doing stuff like paying monthly rent. Aaaah! Adulthood!

Check out my sketchbook! Socially acceptable opportunity to yell at a teenage girl!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to keeptime For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol you' love this hilarious blog after your experience

http://uglyhousephotos.com/wordpress/?cat=83 "Ugly House Photos"

We don’t know why the seller chose to paint or buy this particular painting or put it up in the bathroom. Before we critique the painting, please notice the gray towel. It’s touching the toilet tank lid. Uh, yuk. And why are there two shower curtains? Let’s take a closer look at this remarkable painting. We are flush with questions. Her left arm appears to be crossed over her chest (we really hope that’s her left hand). Is this painting a reminder to do your monthly self-exam? Why is her face missing? Can a human physically twist her head that far around? Why are her pants down? Is she getting ready to use the toilet?

sehertu mannu narāṭu ina pānāt šagapīru ningishzidda
    abrahadabra

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Izi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 277 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I'm pretty giddy about this figure. I haven't seen diecast anything on an action figure in forever, it's a figure of my favorite giant robot, and this thing has a bajillion points of articulation. It's so beautiful.

And I bought it with my own hard-earned dosh. I feel like one of the big kids now!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I figure this'd be the place to post my little story from last night!

Well, last night I was babysitting two boys just down the road from where I live, about 5 minutes away. It was quite late when suddenly the power to the whole street cut off, and we could hear this deafening thunder, or what we thought was thunder anyway. The house was shaking violently as well, I honestly thought a plane was crashing into the house or a bomb had exploded ruight outside the house it was that powerful. It suddenly stopped, and the power came back on after it'd been out for about 30 seconds, and we rushed to the windows to see if we could see anything - there was nothing.

I decided to check facebook on my phone, and there were loads of statuses about this thundering noise from people who live all across the town, and as far as three miles away. I knew that wasn't just thunder, so I thought myabe lightning had hit nearby. The boys then got a phonecall from their nan telling us that a sub station had exploded, it was literally just up the road from their house so no wonder it was so powerful. Quite a few people were saying they saw a massive blue or white flash along with the thundering sound, so it makes sense to me.

We've had a lot of snow here (a lot of snow by UK standards anyway!) and there was a lot of heavy rain last night which melted it all quickly. I think the sub station must have been flooded by the rainwater and melted snow and had exploded! I don't think anyone was hurt, but all I've heard about this was from work of mouth, nothing official. That's the most excitement my little town has had in a long while.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys quick question.

Let's theoretically say you're in town for one night and you book a single room for one person. Now, purely hypothetically, let's say you manage to bring someone back to your hotel room. Is there a chance that the receptionist might be all like "Ey kid, hotel guests only!"? I stayed at a hostel in Edinburgh where that was the case, but is it the same for hotels?

A friend of mine really needs to know.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't know what to do with my old CD's. It's sad really. The only time I see them put to use are at parties that have gone down hill.

CD=beer coaster
    Liner Notes=napkin
    CD Case=cocaine tray

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 719 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys quick question.

Let's theoretically say you're in town for one night and you book a single room for one person. Now, purely hypothetically, let's say you manage to bring someone back to your hotel room. Is there a chance that the receptionist might be all like "Ey kid, hotel guests only!"? I stayed at a hostel in Edinburgh where that was the case, but is it the same for hotels?

Hotels won't care.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thats what hotels are for

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Izi

Thanks
    Thanked 2,339 Times in 1,204 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys quick question.

I have never come across this but I won't rule out the possibility of weird hotel rules in countries I have not visited.

*** Sketchbook * Landscapes * Portfolio * Store***

"There are two kinds of students: the self-taught and the hopeless."
    - Dr. Piotr Rudnicki

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's what I initially thought as well. But then I asked my brother who's a hotel receptionist, and he said that at his hotel, they didn't allow it, so I should book a double just to be safe. Y'know what, I'll just call the damn hotel.

EDIT: Turns out upgrading to a double just ran me 80 kr (about 15$) so I went for it. Problem solved.

Last edited by iambanana; January 31st, 2013 at 05:49 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    $15 extra for the same amount of bed real estate. FOR WHAT? GETTING FUCKSTAINS ON THE SHEETS? that's pure greed.

So who are you inexpensively trying to fool around with?

Anyone else play the sims social? i actually set up an old desktop to exclusively let it run next to me while im working. Soooooo addicted. It wasn't bad when the game first came out, as it was so buggy, you couldn't play long, but they've figured out how to make you play forever by making the most adorable cartoon crap ever.

There are some seriously talented artists on this thing (and comedy writers)

abrahadabra

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the night staff have no idea who you are, if you go in in twos and threes you can get 8 in two adjoining doubles no problem. just smoke out the window and keep the noise down and youre good to party.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I made this lethal weapon/graphic instead of being productive this morning because of the urban legend that mel gibson visits you if you don't draw. I think lt. plissken made us aware of this but I could be wrong.

abrahadabra

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I made this lethal weapon/graphic instead of being productive this morning because of the urban legend that mel gibson visits you if you don't draw. I think lt. plissken made us aware of this but I could be wrong.

im going to spend the rest of the morning committing emotional terrorism by posting this in unmotivated peoples sketchbooks.

abrahadabra

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The irony of hostels is it's easy to find a date, but hard to find a place to close the deal. I found myself in the same situation when I was in Europe. I even saw signs that said "No fucking in the showers"

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Raoul Duke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I haven't had that problem in a hostel either. There's like all kinds of people raffling in and out, especially if it's a bigger hostel, and they don't really care who come with you as long as one of you has the card for the elevator/door. Not that I've brought fuckmates in with me but just fun people I met.

Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 15