Random Chatter - Page 34
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1147

Thread: Random Chatter

Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 293 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    There`s something that i have found funny well, more pathetic than funny and is that some tattoo artists like to brag about not having to use stencils, like they just start inking on the skin raw, and more often than not they couldnīt even draw a copy of the design on paper to begin with, yet they still insist on never using the goddamn preliminar lines because thats totally not "pro". Its something thats going to be on someone`s skin forever! Even if you have some practice, why wouldn`t you want to cover all your bases? why fuck around with it? specially in designs with very clean linework , why put that margin of error there? its not even like they have 30 yrs of awesome tattooing on their backs, aggghh! Then that firewomen, handicapped pin up thing shows up.

Tattoo artists can be very good at what they do, when they are not, god, you would like to smack the shit outta them.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JDSart For This Useful Post:

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,374 Times in 3,595 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Did something today I've never done before - de-boned 6 quails. You have no idea how great it feels pushing the flesh off the bones with your fingers. Totally grossed out 2 of my sons.

Looks like the aftermath of a bloodbath

Name:  IMG_0610s.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  94.5 KB

Drumsticks joined the rib cages, spines, thigh & wing bones

Name:  IMG_0611s.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  123.1 KB

You have no idea how hard it was to to wash the blood off my hands. Might try something bigger next time.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Eater View Post
    Only some tattoo artists can actually draw.
    This is part of the reason I'm glad I didn't follow through on my junior high "I'm gonna be a tattoo artist!" dream. I remember going around to shops all over the city and many of them said stuff along the lines of "You don't even have to know how to draw, we'll teach ya", which was awesome to hear at fourteen. I grew out of the "SUPER PUNK ROCK" phase and decided to go to university for art instead. Now 95% of the time I wander into a tattoo shop, the quality of the flash and portfolios makes me cringe. So thankful I didn't go that route, or else I might not have even been able to see what's bad about them.

Fun fact: One of those shops I went to I later found out was owned by the Hell's Angels. They sincerely changed the shop name to "YOLO Ink" and got firebombed by a rival gang.

Check out my sketchbook! Socially acceptable opportunity to yell at a teenage girl!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 887 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Black Spot,

Maybe move up to foxes before you start sand-bagging and deboning hitchhikers.

But, don't end up like these guys. They appear to be too damn drunk to actually stick a dead fox in a bag:

(I just love Project Gutenberg!)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My brother is having a baby at the end of February with his girlfriend, except as of yesterday they are now fiance and fiancee! I'm going from being a plain 'ol sister to being an aunt to three kids, two of which are only a year younger than me. Crazy! Our family is really small (only three of us), so to suddenly join a huge French family is going to be interesting.

Check out my sketchbook! Socially acceptable opportunity to yell at a teenage girl!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,555 Times in 607 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I should just have this song blaring through my apartment every time I try to experiment in cooking.

Turns out cooking beef in soy sauce and then putting it into a pot full of Maruchan noodles doesn't work, regardless of how much pepper and dried onion you put in the soup.

And I'm gonna be eating that pot of soup for the next couple days.

I've never cooked something so thoroughly disgusting that I have to throw it out, instead it's just amazingly mediocre. Reminds me of public school lunches.

Last edited by Psychotime; December 27th, 2012 at 12:03 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotime View Post
    Turns out cooking beef in soy sauce and then putting it into a pot full of Maruchan noodles doesn't work, regardless of how much pepper and dried onion you put in the soup.

And I'm gonna be eating that pot of soup for the next couple days.

I've never cooked something so thoroughly disgusting that I have to throw it out, instead it's just amazingly mediocre. Reminds me of public school lunches.
    Next time marinade. With Soy. Onion. Ketchup. Ginger. Sprite. Yum!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stacybean For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 539 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I think pure physical exhaustion from moving, followed by settling into a new location + not drawing for an extended period of time is just instant extreme artist block (or whatever the term for visual writers block is). You don't use it you lose it is a common saying and good lord is that true. For the longest time I was just trying to make anything coherent out of my doodles. Felt terrible. Like everything I stored in my brain I'd draw from when.... well.... ... drawing...... was (and is) gone.

But at the same time it feels different in that you can approach things and try to figure your way through a drawing in a different way instead of relying on old crutches. Just barely starting to scribble again hope I can keep that up and things will spark up for me more. I miss that old urge to draw even if it was at inconvenient times like late at night.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ^Eventhough I'm super pro rookie...
    I sort of know what you mean. During christmas I didn't draw at all, and what little progress I thought I'd made, is lost again.

+
    My right hand just went all "idle hands" on me.
    Albeit a bit milder.
    I managed to throw my toast on the floor at least 3 times ( sometimes my RSI gets pretty bad and my hands get a life of their own XD ).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 719 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacybean View Post
    Next time marinade. With Soy. Onion. Ketchup. Ginger. Sprite. Yum!
    I'd suggest garlic, spring onion, ginger, optional chilli.
    You'll want to leave this a couple of hours minimum.
    Add a bit of oil, it'll kinda help carry the flavours from the marinade through to the meat.

When you go to stir fry it, add the light soy, salt and pepper, but go easy on the salt since soy is pretty salty already.

Last edited by Flake; December 29th, 2012 at 10:59 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flake For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's a really awkward moment when you suddenly realize 15 minutes in that you're at a support group for people with autism.

Damn, what a weird day.

What happened was this morning I saw an email about some student support group this afternoon, and was confused as to what the hell it was about and why it was addressed to me as if I knew the answer.

This is the email, word for word.

Just a reminder we will continue with group tomorrow (1/11/13) at 3pm in CS3. Come back and get reacquainted so we can plan what we want to do this quarter. See you there.
    So I send an email back.

Who is this and what are you talking about?
    I get this reply later.

I am -------, a counselor at SCAD and you had been referred to the group that I do on Fridays by your former counselor, Andrea.
    Ok, cool. I had dabbled in a few support groups last year (I even tried out a meditation group one time. It was different. No, I am not Edward Norton's character from Fight Club), but never managed to get to the particular one Andrea actually wanted me to go to due to scheduling.

I can make it today, why not?

Everyone introduced themselves, and there was one odd guy I noticed (no offense to autistic people) who took a few seconds to say his own name before coming up with a joke out of it. Didn't pay it any mind. (Do I have to mention the dude's a brony? Because he admitted that later on. And no, he wasn't wearing a hat.) Eventually it got to where the group was having a discussion on stereotypes about autism spectrum people not having empathy or a sense of humor. The main talkers were the brony and a tall nervous guy. "Ok," I thought. "So they're autistic students. I can understand them seeing a support group here and there."

Then when the counselor overseeing the group (a woman who I had only seen once before) says how all of us here debunk the stereotypes. And after a second it clicked. "Wait a minute, I'm at the autism support group!?"

After seeing these people, I can see exactly where Andrea got the idea from. That's embarrassing, but pretty funny.

Last edited by Psychotime; January 11th, 2013 at 05:06 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Psychotime For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yesterday I was looking at shared housing classifieds online when I found one that sounded pretty good. Utilities and internet included with fairly cheap rent, good location, and grocery store close by. The description said "we sometimes like to go out weekends and weekdays, but by no means do we want a party house", which I figured I could deal with. Then I scrolled down to the pictures and saw that the only one included was of the three roommates. Doing shots.

I couldn't figure out why they were blatantly lying about not having a party house until I looked closer at the picture and realized they were in a hotel room. The sole photo included in the ad was of them, and not even in the house they were trying to rent out.

"You know what this ad could really use? Us."

17. The Following User Says Thank You to keeptime For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks like Noah Bradley is gonna speak to SCAD students on Tuesday.

I hope he looks as much as a smartass as I've always imagined since he last changed his avatar.

Don't misconstrue that, Noah's a cool dude with alot of skill and alot of good advice. But since he last changed his avatar (which is rare) I've always had that image stuck in my head whenever I read anything he writes.

It sets a certain tone, and I always found it funny. That's not his real face, is it?

Last edited by Psychotime; January 16th, 2013 at 04:58 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 391 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    So...ugh...darn it.

My job didn`t turn out as good as I expected. It was my first gig, the first studio I worked in, and I was so happy and excited and...Hopeful. What an idiot.
    It all ended with me making stuff that the "boss" is now using for free. And has no intention of ever paying me. And we`re talking about...oh, say 1000$.
    It was all my fault. I should have seen him for a sleaze he was. And can you believe it, he actually tried to mooch out more work from me...twice?! Luckily, I declined. I am an optimist and enthusiast, but i`m no fool. I really wanted to work, I was ready to put in extra hours, do whatever was necessary, learn, study, bend backwards, you name it.
    But, I guess it wasn`t meant to be.

I did get a freelance gig, tho, thanks to a guy I met there. It pays, I can`t argue with that. I`m painting skybox textures. And now I have to retouch photos of items and turn them into icons.

I feel all broken, guys. I really do.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wait a minute, she thought I had Aspergers?

...Uh, wait? Yeah, I have to set this straight before it gets out of hand.

I'm pretty damn sure I don't have that. Routines, rituals, laser precision interests? Now it explains the odd questions.

Supposedly a lack of interest in fiction is pretty common? Really?

What did I just get myself into?

Last edited by Psychotime; January 18th, 2013 at 07:33 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,343 Times in 1,208 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotime View Post
    It's a really awkward moment when you suddenly realize 15 minutes in that you're at a support group for people with autism.

After seeing these people, I can see exactly where Andrea got the idea from. That's embarrassing, but pretty funny.
    That happened to me once.

It was a support group for teenage drug users.

What made it extra surreal was that someone else there was wearing the same outfit I was.

*** Sketchbook * Landscapes * Portfolio * Store***

"There are two kinds of students: the self-taught and the hopeless."
    - Dr. Piotr Rudnicki

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vineris For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 936 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by vineris View Post
    That happened to me once.

It was a support group for teenage drug users.

What made it extra surreal was that someone else there was wearing the same outfit I was.
    Don't you hate that?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Psychotime: pretty sure that is Noah's real face... his duckface that is

Pxelslayer: that sucks dude, but shit happens. There will always be people that have as much majesty and inspirational aura about them as a random turd does.
    And sometimes out of curiousity or naievity you feel that maybe the turd is worth listening to for a while. And afterwards you've learned a valuable lesson.
    Makes you harder in negotiating a contract. At least that's what I hope.

Black Spot: lol, I think it makes your eating experience more real; the way you connect with your food when you just dig into it with your fingers.
    People tend to forget to appreciate food when it comes canned. I cut open a large tuna once, about 1 meter (not bluefin btw). Gutted it, deboned? it and
    cut it into chunks. We ate from it for a full week with 3 people, that I happened to be on a boat with at the time. Great stuff.

"...it had the serene look in it's eyes of a creature that realizes it's a tube on legs..." ~ Terry Pratchett

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." ~Pablo Picasso

sketchbook
    Deviant
    Facebook Page

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Harmageddon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Been struggling with observation lately and I think I realize. I need new glasses.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,343 Times in 1,208 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Eater View Post
    Don't you hate that?
    Yeah, because she looked way more badass in it than I did. *My* mom wouldn't let me cut my hair like Tank Girl.

*** Sketchbook * Landscapes * Portfolio * Store***

"There are two kinds of students: the self-taught and the hopeless."
    - Dr. Piotr Rudnicki

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vineris For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 293 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    @Pxel

I know that feel bro, some streaks with certain people can be very demotivating. Specially when you have all the best intentions to work hard and improve and find nothing but insult and injustice

I donīt think i have ever been so close of beating the crap out of somebody as i did last year to someone trying to wheasel out a payment, pulling shit on someone after working while broke, stressed and bitter for enough time turns people into nitroglicerin.

Shit happens, but shit moves on and sit get better sometimes. Keep on keeping on.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDSart For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 936 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I scrolled up to read Pxels post.
    A lot of us have been there man. You must only feel ashamed if you let it happen again. You will really learn a lot from this. I did.
    I am sorry it happened to you though. Just get back out there ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by vineris View Post
    Yeah, because she looked way more badass in it than I did. *My* mom wouldn't let me cut my hair like Tank Girl.
    haha I lol'd.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Eater For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    caution Whiskey Snob Rant incoming.
    A friend spent about 10/15 minutes mixing us all an old fashioned. At first I thought great way to ruin a good aged bourbon by trying to turn it into a kids drink. Man I was wrong. It had an orange flavor, without being acidic or sugary. It actually complimented the whiskey. There wasn't even any ice in the damn thing and it was hands down the best drink ever. If I were on death row and they asked what I want for my last meal. I'd say "just make me an old fashioned and I'll die happy"

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Raoul Duke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 719 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    You can't ruin Bourbon, it's already horrible.

Buy real Whisky instead.*

*If it's not at least 8 years old and either Scottish or Irish it's probably not Whisky..

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Flake For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,516 Times in 2,456 Posts
    Follows
    Following

sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    flake-I doubt you've had the good stuff. Wild Turkey, SoCo give bourbon a bad name. Jack Daniels is only bad if you want to remember what happened while drinking it. I swear they put roofies in that shit.

Drink this

Drink this

and drink this

I like scotch but Jonny Walker is every bit as barf inspiring as Jack Daniels. Jameson is my average go to though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Can't do Jameson. Only time I was ever in the situation of barfing on the toilet was from Jameson, since I normally hold my liquor despite not being a casual drinker. Though usually I also know my limit and don't aim to be pissing on walls and passing out on someones coffee table. First time with Jameson I was with a friend and his family he was visiting, they were the kind that drink the stuff regularly. Was god knows how many beers in when every few minutes. "All right everyone shots all around". Another, then another, beer, then another hey grab some more beer, another, beer, another you get the idea.

Then lets play some Drunken Jenga. Oh look chug a beer, add some vodka on that.

Think my body still just remembers it to the point where I'm not much for it any more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sounds like my kinda peeps. I get why it's not your speed. I can only do that kinda shit on special occasions, but not every weekend.

At least there was no edward 40 hands. The object of the game isn't just to finish 80 oz's of malt liquor. It's to finish 80 oz's of malt liquor without pissing yourself.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I remember once at a basement punk show in the middle of December a few years ago, a guy drank almost an entire bottle of Jack Daniel's by himself within an hour and then decided to take a nap outside in nothing but a t-shirt and jeans. He's lucky the show was so small or else none of us would have noticed he mysteriously disappeared. He was outside for maybe only a minute or two before we found him. The paramedics were called and they had to take him to the hospital for alcohol poisoning and hypothermia. Definitely not a fun way to end the night.

Drink responsibly and wear a jacket when it's cold out!

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,374 Times in 3,595 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    We saw that when our previous car broke down in Peckham. These teenage girls screamed as they thought the geyser was dead. Put him in the recovery position and called an ambulance - the girls stayed with him while we limped home. Idiot, at least he hadn't been stripped of his bling.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 15