Random Chatter - Page 27
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Chatter

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If it's 1.5 hrs then the more important factor is how expensive are the tickets in relation to your income, I'm working with something similar and every two weeks is manageable.

Ever lived in a place where you can see some rooftops from your window and one day you see kids playing outside and throwing a ball, or a tennis shoe and it gets stuck on the roof. And it stays there for a long time, a year or more. If it's a slanted roof then maybe occasionally you see it has slid down a bit but got stuck at something again. And it bothers you so much that it's there. Today was a day when the tennis shoe finally disappeared!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nofu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,425 Times in 625 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Barker View Post
    Only problem is it's long distance. If 1.5 hrs away counts as that anyways
    no it doesnt for the last 4-5 years me and my fiancee have never lived anything closer than 4-5 hours apart. *sob sob*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    no it doesnt for the last 4-5 years me and my fiancee have never lived anything closer than 4-5 hours apart. *sob sob*
    20 hours of travel were between my GF and me for at least 3 years. Then, with my help, she has moved into my city and our relationship broke apart soon afterwards. Since then I do not believe in any sorts of love or romantic things for me. Not sure about the others.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,425 Times in 625 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I do believe in love ! But making a relationship work is in large parts the will to put reall effort and work in it, couples that stay together and get along really good, do so for the most part cause they know that making a relationship work is not just some fancy romantic thing (dont get me wrong romance is an important part of it!) but the will to stick together in hard times. Love for me is not the initial part of a longlasting relationship. Love for me is what evolves over time when you realize that you simply would do EVERYTHING in the world to keep your relationship running and when you realize that your partner does so as well. The moment you realize that both of you are willing to do anything for the other and both of you value the well-being of your counterpart more then your own, that is the moment when love at first starts to really grow and prosper. The willingness to not only stick together in good times ( which is easy) but to get through hardtimes as a real couple thats what real love is about .

Sadly nowadays most people are too lazy or to belied to get that involved, and thats why many relationships nowadays struggle and/or fail.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 936 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    You can't just go by one bad relationship when it comes love. I had quite a few
    severely dysfunctional ones before I met my wife. Meh, you meet people, you
    get to know them, find out they're crazy...you move on. The right one is out there.

dpaint is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,883 Times in 2,355 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Eater View Post
    Meh, you meet people, you
    get to know them, find out they're crazy...you move on. The right one is out there.

I think you mean the truth is out there, and dating is a lot like the x-files.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by dpaint View Post
    I think you mean the truth is out there, and dating is a lot like the x-files.
    Trust no-one?

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Star Eater For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wasn't there a guy in X-files called Deep Throat? Sure I could
    work that into this current line of conversation...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Eater For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    w00t just had amazing sex

+1

:::logs off:::

sehertu mannu narāṭu ina pānāt šagapīru ningishzidda
    abrahadabra

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Eater View Post
    You can't just go by one bad relationship when it comes love. I had quite a few
    severely dysfunctional ones before I met my wife. Meh, you meet people, you

I know, but to this day i was unable to start any relationship . I believe, that it is all matter of luck. You either succeed or fail and you cannot really control what the fate will bring. For many years i was hoping for love, but now I think, that hope was outright ridiculous. I have a lot to do, but, even now, when i see married couples i feel envy. I know, that if being alone like Newton is my destiny, i can't change it , but still something inside my soul keeps telling me, that that's unfair.
    I think, that the erosion of the modern family is the nature's successful attempt to lower human population. But this rises another questions :if evolution can so easily control humans, have they sapience and the free will?

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Izi View Post
    w00t just had amazing sex

+1

:::logs off:::

Wore a Paper bag over the head - STILL COUNTS!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond Gris View Post
    I know, but to this day i was unable to start any relationship . I believe, that it is all matter of luck. You either succeed or fail and you cannot really control what the fate will bring. For many years i was hoping for love, but now I think, that hope was outright ridiculous. I have a lot to do, but, even now, when i see married couples i feel envy. I know, that if being alone like Newton is my destiny, i can't change it , but still something inside my soul keeps telling me, that that's unfair.
    I think, that the erosion of the modern family is the nature's successful attempt to lower human population. But this rises another questions :if evolution can so easily control humans, have they sapience and the free will?
    Gimme a break. There was never any modern family to erode, it was always a pack of lies created by ad men to sell product to the rubes and to keep the populace in line. Most marriage contracts over the last 2000 years were laws created by men to keep women from acting the same way as their partners and having the same opportunities. It wasn't until the late 19th century that people even thought of marrying for love or outside their race and class, even now arranged marriages around the world are still prevalent and women are bargained or traded like cattle.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dpaint For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Spread the word...SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by dpaint View Post
    Gimme a break. There was never any modern family to erode, it was always a pack of lies created by ad men to sell product to the rubes and to keep the populace in line. Most marriage contracts over the last 2000 years were laws created by men to keep women from acting the same way as their partners and having the same opportunities. It wasn't until the late 19th century that people even thought of marrying for love or outside their race and class, even now arranged marriages around the world are still prevalent and women are bargained or traded like cattle.
    I was talking about erosions of human monogamy, which is mystery in it's own sense. I must admit, that i understand nothing in sociality of humans or how it works. For me it is insolvable riddle. Maybe it is better to stay alone and prevent he overpopulation? What do you think?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,516 Times in 2,456 Posts
    Follows
    Following

I have a theory about ghosts. Don't fucking move and Ill tell you all about it. So I was sitting in the place I go to concentrate and put some hard thought in and just as I reached round to wipe my bum it hit me: I know why ghosts are such dicks!
    OK check it; when you die, your organs all shut down right? So your lungs stop breathing and your liver stops living and your heart stops pushing blood to your brain. And when that happens, your brain
    gets totally starved of oxygen, and you die, and your soul flies out your eyes. All this we know as fact. What you also probably know is that if you didn't pray enough in you life or have some unresolved issues with your surviving relatives or some shit, your soul cant escape the Earth's gravity and fly up to the Sun and so is trapped here, haunting the living shit out of people.
    So far so duh, right?

But here's the kicker. Ghosts never say anything interesting or useful about the afterlife, its all BAAA and WOOO and HEEELLP MEEEE and throwing stuff around or banging doors in frustrated rages, Why? Because when the body dies the brain is starved of oxygen. And what happens if your brain is starved of oxygen? You get massive brain damage. Basically when people die, their ghosts are idiots. Total doofuses in fact.
    This totally explains all aspects of the behavior of ghosts. A General Theory of Paranormal Activity.
    Neat eh?

Not content with solving one of the mysteries of science, I decided to try and work some more shit out.
    After that, I came up with a great idea that will probably solve all our energy needs.

=

It turns out there have been about 107 billion people ever to be born. Now the number of those who were practicing Christians is probably what, a billion, a bill and a half? And of them, the ones that prayed enough, didn't covet anyone's ass, didn't murder or do any of that other stuff God hates AND didn't have any unresolved family issues is approximately 0.000.
    So that's a lot of ghosts kicking about. There are ghosts haunting ghosts inside ghosts, probably. All banging doors and throwing pots. Well I say a ghost that throw a pot can push a turbine.
    Get a few million of the fucks inside a big generating dynamo turbine in a power station and make them all push at once and you can start sending me the Thanks for the Free Energy Forever presents.

Yeah you're welcome future generations or mankind!

PS if any of you future generations tries to put my soul in a turbine I will throw pots around SO HARD you wont know what hit you. Be warned.

Last edited by Velocity Kendall; October 8th, 2012 at 10:42 AM.
    sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    VK, bro, I don't know what I'm supposed to be seeing in that circle?

And I don't know why you put that picture of your girlfriend next to it.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Eater For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,516 Times in 2,456 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I agree, its not too clear in that photo, but you are looking at the answer to all our energy needs, the superfuel of the future.

We'll be able to light our schools, homes and offices forever, but we'll also be able to kill the sun! Winner!

Last edited by Velocity Kendall; October 8th, 2012 at 01:01 PM.
    sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 887 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hmmm,

If that kid's family lives south of the Mason-Dixon line, that might not be a "ghost outfit."

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Kamber Parrk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity Kendall View Post
    Ghosts never say anything interesting or useful, its all throwing stuff around or banging doors in frustrated rages, Why? Because when the body dies the brain is starved of oxygen. And what happens if your brain is starved of oxygen? You get massive brain damage. Basically when people die, their ghosts are idiots. Total doofuses in fact.
    This totally explains all aspects of the behavior of ghosts.
    Sounds like the tea party faction of the Republican party

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dpaint For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ghosts, tea bags, and séances…

Last edited by bill618; October 8th, 2012 at 02:02 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 293 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Today is one of the saddest days in my life after what happened yesterday in my country. I feel lke all my hope and that of those i care about died.

I really not going to get in details of what it means and how much trauma we have suffered for 14 years. i just want to say here, because i know there are a lot of discussions and debates and whinning, just be grateful people.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDSart For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by JDSart View Post
    Today is one of the saddest days in my life after what happened yesterday in my country. I feel lke all my hope and that of those i care about died.

I really not going to get in details of what it means and how much trauma we have suffered for 14 years. i just want to say here, because i know there are a lot of discussions and debates and whinning, just be grateful people.
    All the best to you JD.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Eater For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 539 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I feel like I'm turning into an angry old man in my 20's. This just pisses me off. 300k for this shit.
    Seriously? I had a school bigger than this and we didn't have a damn issue with lines or money. If I had a kid I would be marching down to the board of ed.

http://living.msn.com/family-parenti...eab897a#scpti2

and seriously..... what ever happened to a fucking box lunch? Take the 5 minutes to make a sandwich, put a piece of a fruit, a snack and a juicebox in a god damn lunch box. I have a feeling if I'm getting this frustrated with the next generation in a decade or so I'm just going to be screaming at the computer when I read these kinds of things.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So we can't cure the common cold but we can invent a palm scanner for kids to make sure
    their lunch money is paid up. That's real good to know.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 887 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I think the common cold is Nature's way of forcing us to develop coping strategies to deal with nastier diseases.

Why would we ever want to cure it?

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle"

[Chinese proverb. . . General Patton. . . hell if I know!]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 539 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Didn't even think about it either. But a palm scanner with elementary school kids..... or just at school in general. Yeah that's sanitary, a bunch of kids sharing germs before eating their tater tots.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What about stamps? Like, my mum paid my school lunch money for the whole month, you had three groups: normal, vegan and supersize; each had a set price and you could choose a little. You gave them your stamp, got your food and moved on. Worked pretty damn well.

Last edited by nofu; October 9th, 2012 at 03:35 PM.

TinyBird is offline Why you gotta be an angry burd Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,619 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I recently bought a pitcher plant!
    Name:  plant.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  171.5 KB

I'm really trying to keep this alive at least, and hoping that it will still keep creating pitchers. My house isn't exactly optimal (bit too cold, dry and dark and it's not even freezing outside yet) but I bought a water steamer to keep the humidity and temperature up and I actually remember to open the curtains now. I may consider investing to a plant lamp when the winter comes up.
    Last couple days have mostly been toting around it and chanting "please don't die".

"I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TinyBird For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyBird View Post
    I recently bought a pitcher plant!

I'm really trying to keep this alive at least, and hoping that it will still keep creating pitchers. My house isn't exactly optimal (bit too cold, dry and dark and it's not even freezing outside yet) but I bought a water steamer to keep the humidity and temperature up and I actually remember to open the curtains now. I may consider investing to a plant lamp when the winter comes up.
    Last couple days have mostly been toting around it and chanting "please don't die".
    It seems like you’ve got all your bases covered…except one.

Don’t forget to FEED the carnivorous bugger.

FEEEED MEEEEE!
    *Little Shop of Horrors ref.

TinyBird is offline Why you gotta be an angry burd Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,619 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by bill618 View Post
    It seems like you’ve got all your bases covered…except one.

Don’t forget to FEED the carnivorous bugger.
    No worries, I got lots of room-mates to murder! That is, if nothing else, I have lots of silverfish in my bathroom (though I'll probably rather buy bugs from the petshop).

And I'll keep an ax near me too, just in case...

"I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 15