Random Chatter - Page 22
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Chatter

Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 Times in 1,203 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by dpaint View Post
    Tip of the day
    NEVER put regular dish washing soap in the automatic dishwasher. I have spent the last hour cleaning up bubbles off my kitchen floor. Its like the blob is coming out of my F'ing dishwasher. It was a two foot carpet of bubbles where tile should be!
    I always imagined that you were some sort of crazy survivalist living far away from people in the woods and eating caterpillars when you weren't painting. And this pretty much confirms my theory.

*** Sketchbook * Landscapes * Portfolio * Store***

"There are two kinds of students: the self-taught and the hopeless."
    - Dr. Piotr Rudnicki
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by dpaint View Post
    Tip of the day
    NEVER put regular dish washing soap in the automatic dishwasher. I have spent the last hour cleaning up bubbles off my kitchen floor. Its like the blob is coming out of my F'ing dishwasher. It was a two foot carpet of bubbles where tile should be!
    I've done that before... It's much funnier when its someone else!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,555 Times in 607 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I'm glad I read that. Because otherwise it'd have been only a matter of time before I did it myself.

I can see it now. I run out of those cube thingies and just put in dish soap because it's "close enough" and don't feel like driving to the store.

Last edited by Psychotime; August 5th, 2012 at 08:09 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 539 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Friends moving and left me a bunch of boxsets. Lord I haven't watched Outlaw Star in ages. That show was a masterpiece. Animation style you never see nowadays.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by JFierce View Post
    Friends moving and left me a bunch of boxsets. Lord I haven't watched Outlaw Star in ages. That show was a masterpiece. Animation style you never see nowadays.
    Uhh...I'm halfway through that show (finally rewatching it after nearly 10 years) and I REALLY disagree with that. If you meant Cowboy Bebop, then sure.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well no anime is at the level of Cowboy Bebop duh.
    But to each their own. It was back in the time where Sunrise was an amazing animation company.
    Their more recent stuff. Meh.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JFierce For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Talking about anime, the third movie of Evangelion: You can (not) redo, is coming this year.
    Also, i´m extremely excited about the 3 new berserk movies. (Even with that shitty cell-shading animation)

"Every champion was once a challenger who refused to give up"

Sketchbook

Deviantart

Facebook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was hoping for a continuation to the series since the original was only one arc and a ridiculously small portion of the story. Then I saw there was a 2nd series planned, then I saw screenshots, then I saw it was movies, then I saw it was CG and my face was like this

http://daybreaksdevotions.files.word...ce-300x199.jpg

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just watched the series and don't really want to watch films... Despite two last eps could be easily merged into one, I liked ending. It would be nice to know more but I can enjoy concepts anyway, overall it's how author wanted it to be - something more than another adventure manga/anime. His ideas were engaging but at the end he shows that what was really important, not an intrigue but his message. It was nothing very crucial at all, but uplifting and actually making you think... That is not typical for anime.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I hated the first Evangelion movie. REALLY hated it.

The completely nonsensical ending of the original series, where the budget issues were clearly in place, was a hilarious ending, if you ask me. I wish that was the real ending. That isn't to say that the movie WASN'T nonsensical, but it was a different KIND.

I might bother with the other ones one of these days. Evangelion was another one of those shows I only watched just to say that I did. It wasn't bad, honestly.

Madoka reminded me of it in a way, in that the kind of praise the show gets is overblown and sometimes stupid. But at least with Eva I'm not too surprised, given the type of nonsense that happens, along with the cross imagery everywhere that teenagers like to think is "deep".

One thing I really hate about most anime fans is that they're so insecure that they're seriously desperate to justify their cartoons as "art".

( Click to show/hide )

EDIT: Ugh, this is animation thread stuff. Sorry, I'll stay on "topic".

Last edited by Psychotime; August 6th, 2012 at 03:00 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I never liked the original series of evangelion, nor the old movies.
    But i loved Evangelion 2.0 (The ending is amazing)

Ayanaaaami!!!

Sketchbook

Deviantart

Facebook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Feel like I sidetracked the thread but it's a thread about side tracking so that's ok. Evangelion. I loved the animation. Great shit. But the story and characters. I hated them. Terribly. "Kids with problems" is how I put it. Then they culminated it with the 'ran out of budget' psyche episode. Ugh. Teenage angst is ok as long as it's not 75% of the show, or at least cover it up with some plot.

A show isn't art because you set out for it to be. It just turns into one. People didn't set out for Cowboy Bebop to be a work of art, they just wrote it, and animated it and it became what it was. A classic (I was going to say Cult Classic but I know tons of people that don't even like anime that see Cowboy Bebop and think it's amazing).

Berserk. The funny thing is. Yeah the ending of the series is legit. Intense cliffhanger but one of those where it's just "That's the end. It wasn't happy but it was still good". Then you read the manga and it goes on even longer (well over twice as long), and gets even better surprisingly. Gatts (or Guts) is the most tragic character I've ever seen. Worst life ever lol.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JFierce For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've seen all the Eva movies to date, loved them all. Not sure which one had the pan shots of the theater audience and cosplay Rei, Misato and Asuka in the street at the end, but that was really awesome!... kinda spooky

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well Evangelion is surely full of (too much) drama, but it's because their lifes were strongly affected by Second Impact. Sadly, life is writing even more dramatic stories; I don't think many people who experienced war can live normaly.

I've tried reading Berserk but actually got distracted, I should try again because it seems like a thing I'll enjoy.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to hu-ha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Berserk used to be the most tough, dark fantastic manga outhere, now is like final fantasy.
    Still it is my favourite manga of all time along with hajime no ippo!

Sketchbook

Deviantart

Facebook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I read the whole thing in a span of a few days awhile back, I just couldn't stop. The guys been working on the manga for over 20 years. That's just amazing in my book.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 882 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    First cup of coffee of the day = Mmmmmmmmmmm ohmygodthatisheaven!

Second cup of coffee = Meh!

Last edited by Angel Intheuk; August 7th, 2012 at 05:15 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 293 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    i also watched the 2 new Evangelion movies and thought they were awesome.

I haven´t watched the series in ages but it was very landmark for me, that an Akira ( Which is the best thing ever) really blew my mind when i was a teen.

I haven´t been in touch with anime , manga stuff for a long time. Last one i read was Gantz, i liked the idea a lot but i think whoever writes for it watches too much hentai or something.

I have only read the first two volumes of Berserk, very balls to the walls, my kind of stuff. And is has some of the nicest manga art, together with Vagabond i think are my favorite in that aspect so far.

I wonder if there´s some really good recent ovas, movies and maybe a series to watch, i have been curious for something new but i´m so out of touch with the whole thing.

Last edited by JDSart; August 7th, 2012 at 11:19 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I´m currently watching Eureka Seven AO.
    I was so excited about a sequel of the original series but sadly, this new anime is a great deception.
    I was expecting something as good as the original and this new story isnt bad but...
    Its not great, not even very good, just fanservice and stereotipes everywhere.

Sketchbook

Deviantart

Facebook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 832 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I tried watching Eureka Seven twice but lost interest a few episodes in at both times.. Just too much pastel colors and exaggerated drama.

My fav animes are probably Bebop, Trigun, The Twelve Kingdoms, Ghost in the Shell, Mononoke and Mushishi. I've tried to get into a few new shows but I tend to loose interest. Last one I saw and really enjoyed was Baccano. Sort of a mix between Tarantino and Cowboy Bebop.

"I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster"

Sketchy Link

Portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Give it a try, besides pastel colors and the drama the series have a really interesting plot in the later episodes.

Also, anyone likes Jojo´s Bizarre adventures?

Sketchbook

Deviantart

Facebook

25. The Following User Says Thank You to EduardoGaray For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Montana View Post
    Jojo´s Bizarre adventures?
    i've seen a bit... just wow... I want to get to when the stands are named after bands. ones called King Crimson right?
    i always laugh though it makes me think of Ronnie James Dio

in japan there's one channel that's been Naruto, Bleach and One Piece for a while right, but isn't there some cooking show that edged out Bleach? I heard that was good but odd. anyone know more?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahan View Post
    in japan there's one channel that's been Naruto, Bleach and One Piece for a while right, but isn't there some cooking show that edged out Bleach? I heard that was good but odd. anyone know more?
    You mean Toriko, which is supposedly taking Bleach's place in the Big Three.

And in the case of channels, One Piece plays on Fuji TV, Naruto and Bleach on TV Tokyo. Bleach (the tv show) ended back in March. You actually mean the same MAGAZINE, Weekly Shonen Jump, not a TV channel. In case you didn't know, the MAJORITY of Japanese cartoons are adaptations of comic books. Some ongoing, others not.

The Big Three are what people refer to the most popular franchises in Japan, and they all run in Weekly Shonen Jump. One Piece is number one (though that popularity hasn't spread to the states at all), Naruto is second, Bleach might have fallen off the wagon.

Bleach's cartoon's ended, but the comic is still going on (even though the author said he's on the final story arc almost a year ago.) He's actually taking a break right now because he got too sick to work.

On the topic of Toriko, I don't care about it at all. But like Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, it's biggest visual influence is Fist of the North Star, so the main fighters look like serious steroid abusers, but they're still very bishonen despite that.

One little tidbit about Toriko's author: Back in 2002 he was arrested for trying to buy sex from a 16-year old girl. Yes, this really happened. He got fired after that, but it seems they let him start working again after enough years passed, and Torkio began in 2008. I make sure to point this out whenever Toriko becomes a topic of discussion.

According to the investigation, on November 12th of [2001], Shimabukuro and a 16-year old high school girl met at a hotel in Yokohama. Shimabukuro allegedly paid 80,000 yen for the girl to perform lewd acts.

Last edited by Psychotime; August 7th, 2012 at 03:21 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    've seen a bit... just wow... I want to get to when the stands are named after bands. ones called King Crimson right?
    i always laugh though it makes me think of Ronnie James Dio
    haha yeah, in Jojo´s almost everything is named after a band or a musician.
    I remember Santana, Zeppelin , the brothers Oingo and Boingo, Enya...

EDIT: wow i didnt knew that about the author of Toriko.
    Also, bleach sucks.

Sketchbook

Deviantart

Facebook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotime View Post
    You mean Toriko
    annnnd ..
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotime View Post
    You actually mean the same MAGAZINE, Weekly Shonen Jump
    were the key points i was missing.. should've searched that. thanks

I mostly stick to TV anime, I own the first issue of Trigun... that's about it.
    and yeah... i remember that now, hehe. Toriko this, Toriko that...

ahh those nutty Japanese showrunners, lol.

I remember when I heard thatt this guy, Satoshi Kon died I though it was the guy who was did Cowboy Bebop, turned out he wasn't,(or was he..) but I watched his late movie Tokyo Godfathers...
    oh and I also ended up watching Slaughterhouse 5 because of this too! amazing movies, my avatar y'know.

...and wow.... I loved it. I usually don't like the stuff devoid of giant robots and explosions but then I liked Shin-Chan a lot...

but that's totally different...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Also I love these two shows:

but haven't seen that movie crossover.

And yeah I've really only seen the American/Comedic Lupin the 3rd. I thought I'd hate that they use that old animation style on purpose... but I love the characters.

EDIT: ..

Last edited by Shahan; August 8th, 2012 at 01:29 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,778 Times in 848 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The axels on my Subaru are fucked. I'm thinking about getting a Vespa instead. It would be cheaper than fixing my car.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There is an imposter among us! And he TOUCHED MY ASS!

33. The Following User Says Thank You to HarbingerofIllRepute For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 887 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Just realized, I need to shop for some new clothes.

God! I hate shopping for clothes.

Really, not motivated in any way until stuff is just falling apart. . .

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 887 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    The axels on my Subaru are fucked. I'm thinking about getting a Vespa instead. It would be cheaper than fixing my car.
    Hmmm.

I'd shoot for something more powerful-- maybe in the 250cc range.

Don't think you'd wanna take a Vespa out too much on major highways.

But, Vespas are awfully nifty. . .

Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 14