Random Chatter - Page 18
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Chatter

Thanks
    Thanked 1,555 Times in 607 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    http://animalsbehavingbadly.blogspot.com/

This is an interesting blog. Sometimes funny, sometimes disturbing. Tone's certainly different than the thing you posted, but it made it come to mind.

Moving on from bears...

In Austria, a tale to dent in any faith you may have left in marriage: Two tortoises who've been a couple for 115 years are getting a divorce, or at least a trial separation. They had to be moved to separate cages after they started attacking each other.
    It's sister blog, http://uglyoverload.blogspot.com/ is fun some of the time. You occasionally find some cool stuff.

Last edited by Psychotime; June 16th, 2012 at 09:23 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Psychotime For This Useful Post:

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,376 Times in 3,597 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Went to the House of Lords for a reception. They ran out of wine. Oops!

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ugh, the Georgia humidity is starting to warp a bunch of my paperback books.

Gotta get a dehumidifier one of these days.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 539 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Welp, that life changing event that would have solved all my problems entirely. Didn't come through.

Well, I'm fucking depressed now.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JFierce For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, is Bill Murray OLD. Damn!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've been looking for a job for two months, and I didn't have that much money to last me in the first place. Concerned about paying for food and rent. All I need is a minimum wage job to afford food and shelter, that is all I asked for. On the side, I am collecting my belongings to sell (I don't know if anything I have is worth selling). Making copy-paper posters in an open lab to advertise my services. Lawn mowing, baby sitting, helping elderly, any rag tag jobs. To keep myself from going insane, I've been walking into Loyola's library to read books on screenwriting, then practicing writing... because I can't draw when I am not at peace. I can't draw but at least I can write.

Ironic thing is, the more I feel physical pain and hunger, the more I want to go out and volunteer, help, or do something for others. I've been looking for places to volunteer and help. It's a craving. There is so many things to do. But at least when I go to bed, I fall asleep within a few minutes.

Fuck it, I won't hide anything. Everyone deals with this shit.

Last edited by CLANLESS; June 30th, 2012 at 12:49 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I kept telling myself back in August when I first got my apartment that I'd be able to withstand the summer heat I knew to expect around now.

Yeah, no. The only time the weather's bearable is during the early morning and late night.

Last edited by Psychotime; June 30th, 2012 at 01:30 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 936 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Futurama movies always start off entertaining, go on for faaaar too long
    and become tiresome after a while. Beast with a Billion Backs is my
    favourite out of the bunch, but generally the movies are meh.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i even dont like football, but i had to say it.
    We won the euro.
    Again.

4-0
    poor italy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 539 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I witnessed the most RIDICULOUS thunderstorm in my life. 45 minutes of straight lightning flashing every half second. I could walk across my house from the light emitted in the lightning no problem. I thought aliens were attacking. It seriously crossed my mind. This felt like something that happens in a movie before an alien attack fucks up the atmosphere.

Then I had 3 dogs in my lap including a doberman that doesn't even fit in my lap I had to sing to just to calm them down.

Oh yeah and then we had wind so strong it snapped a perfectly healthy tree that was about 4-5 feet in diameter like a toothpick, which miraculously landed across our driveway missing our cars by a foot, and missed the house.

But we then in 90-100 degree heat with no electricity hack the tree up and carry it into the woods. Then have no AC for days.

Crazy weekend.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JFierce For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yesssss Spain won the Eurocup C:

¡Que Viva España!

also
    Happy Canada Day
    joyeux fête du Canada

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Voodoo_Mama For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 887 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I find it odd that, Roberts, of all people, found Obamacare legal as a TAX!

WTF, Irene!

a head-scratcher, truly. . .

Last edited by Kamber Parrk; July 8th, 2012 at 01:26 AM. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 293 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    but Portugal should have been in that final instead, seriously, with Spain? again?! >:C FML!

Thats semis match felt like the real eurocup final, no 4 goals there alright, Portugal´s defense lines had Spain suffering like thay never have in the last few years but they had to fuck it up the penaltis, they might as well have tossed a coin to choose the winner, that match was extremely close.

Italy made a surprisingly good tournament but today they really played horribly, they should have been a million times better prepared and have no excuse. No team that arrives to a final of that caliber should do so only to lose for 4 goals in such a one sided match, it was pathetic.

And the last sub was spent on Motta? for pete´s sake, that obviously proved a wonderful idea. Italy has a killer bench and they needed attack, what the hell was going on? They were already very much screwed by then but at least they could have done a bit more to help their cause in the second half.

Last edited by JDSart; July 1st, 2012 at 09:33 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Huh. Apparently when you point out something like bat anatomy ("his arm's broken in that picture"), people will think you're a rigger (3D animation term if you don't know). Ok.

Last night there was a decent storm that knocked out power for a few areas. Ever drive into a four-way intersection at midnight and none of the traffic lights are working? The people in Savannah can be pretty courteous. I'm impressed. No idea why so many other people were driving around for at that time (I was just going to Walmart), but really courteous regardless. That's something I honestly like about Savannah. You can always expect to see people driving around no matter the time.

Empty streets at night really creep me out (like anyone else), but this happens even when I'm in a car (which I'm not sure about everyone else).

I'd sure as hell never WALK around at night in the kind of area I live in (within the first month that I moved into my apartment there was a shooting right down the block, no joke. The incident may have been isolated, and the act turned out to have been premeditated, but a shooting is a shooting. It's bad enough I can get the occasional bum showing up at the front door asking for money at 3 in the morning.)

Anyway, DRIVING at night where there's still a bunch of other drivers around regardless of the time feels pretty safe. I remember hearing that drivers subconsciously view their car as temporary extension to their body.

The funny part I forgot to mention it is that the main example of a place that I'm creeped out to drive alone at night is my HOMETOWN (if you can call it that). I'm perfectly comfortable leaving my car UNLOCKED out there (HELL NO to doing that in Savannah!). I can walk around at night out there and the only thing I'll worry about is a wild deer getting too close (bastards are always somewhere). But driving at night on that same road is CREEPY to me despite all that, simply because of how empty it is. Is that weird?

Bah. Just rambling.

Last edited by Psychotime; July 2nd, 2012 at 01:36 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The guy I was meant to testify against was sentenced yesterday to 4 years. He's 71 and may he rot when they catch up with him. I had all the evidence 4 years ago, but the elderly committee were too apathetic to do anything for years.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/98...thes_in_Spain/

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 391 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, so I kinda need to vent. Bear with me for a sec, kthnx.

Here it goes...

*cough cough*

Argh! Argh, argh and...argh. Argh x25678897!

So, recently I found a job. And I love it. Well, I love the people I`m working with, they are an amazing bunch of guys.
    But...argh!

2 days ago my boss comes in and wants me to do a brand new cover for a title we`ll be releasing soon. He wants it to be f**** epic, and have a chick who should be naked. The more, the better.

He. Wants. ME. To. Make. A. Cover. For. A. Title.

And I have, what...a week? Oh, and a funny fact - he already has a cover for it. 5 of them, to be exact. He just feels like having something fresh right now.
    So, a guy with 3 years of "casual" drawing under his belt has one week to make a cover in Mullins/Kotaku/Chan quality. With a naked chick. And blood splatter.

He`s a nice guy. He really is. But this is business suicide. Highly unprofessional. Up until today I actually brought my work home with me and continued to work on it in my free time, and also during the weekends. But if somebody else is going to be irresponsible like that, why should I care? Why should I break my back and bust my a$$? Hell no! I will do the best I can, but I`m aware of my limitations. There`s nothing wrong with that. I will get better with time. But, I will get better b/c of me, and not b/c my boss wants an awesome new cover. I`ll put in my 8 hours a day on it, and period.

And I`ll stop being a drama queen. I promise. I`ll work on it. Eventually. Yup.

Argh.

The end.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    pxleslayer- You are being given an opportuninty. It sounds like your boss wants a fresh idea and sees something in you. So congratulations. Sure you may not create the most epic poster ever, but you can try. Maybe you can do something compositionaly that will inspire an epic final poster. Just try your damnedest to do something fresh.
    .................................................. .................................................. ...................New subject.
    WORST 4TH OF JULY EVAR!
    I usually throw awesome 4th of July parties with firecrackers and jack daniels and shrooms and shit. I didn't throw this party and there was none of that fun to be had. It was PG 13. I ate veggie dogs and talked to a 20 year old girl that had never heard of Nine Inch Nails. That is the cue that I am too old for 20 year olds. The worst part is everybody said "oh it's getting late, it's almost midnight" In my opinion it's not late until at least the stores quit selling beer or the sun comes up. It's not a party if you drive home SOBER!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Raoul Duke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good luck with that deadline Pxel.

Raoul, was just listening to NIN today. Was pumping 'Closer' in the car
    with the wife next to me. (We both love that track.)

My dog tried to bury/store the last scrap of his rawhide treat in the house.
    First next to a side-table, then under a coffee table, then he moved it
    again and settled on hiding it behind the curtain.

He ate it later that evening.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Eater For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My wife landed her dream job today at a major international law firm.

Now, I can finally achieve -my- dream of being A KEPT MAN!!!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Eater For This Useful Post:

TinyBird is offline Why you gotta be an angry burd Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,660 Times in 1,621 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by PxelSlayer View Post
    He just feels like having something fresh right now.
    Oh, I've had one of those too...
    Boss: "I want to explore new ideas!"
    Me: "Btw our deadline says that at this point we should have had the idea chosen and already half finished by now"
    Boss: "Now is the time for new fresh ideas!"

The worst part is if they rebut your "it can't be done" argument with "you're a professional, I'm sure yo can do it!" when your opinion as a professional is that his idea can't be done with the time we have. I mean there's opportunities and then there's bosses who don't understand how deadlines work and can't make up their mind, so PxelSlayer I feel your pain....

Oh, if I should whine! About two months ago I signed up to a painting class that is supposed to start next week, and I waited and waited when they might send the bill and other documents for stuff you had to buy, as those letters are usually sent at least two weeks before the course starts and eventually I started thinking that the course had been cancelled.
    Last Friday it registered my new address and made so that all my mail will be sent to my new apartment starting from this week's Monday. Yesterday I went to check it and found the bill letter from the new house only to find out that the due date for paying the course had been on this week's TUESDAY. So they gave people only one day (or less, if the letter actually arrived to the house on Tuesday) to pay the bill when all bills have at least week's time to be paid!

Argh! I paid it and there will be no extra fees for being late but now I have to run around Helsinki on Saturday to buy all the crap I need for the course that starts on next Monday, all while all my stuff will be unpacked in the new apartment because during the course I don't have time to go buy furniture, sheesh.

"I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

28. The Following User Says Thank You to TinyBird For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    An awesome job opportunity that I thought was just about in the bag has completely fallen through due to budget issues. And I don't know if I can stay here where I'm living, waiting for someone to move away for the job to possible open up again. I don't know what to do now, since my two back up plans aren't looking so hot either.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
    Lao-tzu, Chinese philosopher (604 BC - 531 BC)

My SketchBook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just noticed my left thumb might be slightly longer than my right. It's more flexible, too. Huh.

I really should start learning to use my left. No dexterity at all with that thing.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 887 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Realized I couldn't name the "7 Deadly Sins."

Hadda look 'em up:

Lust
    Anger
    Envy
    Greed
    Gluttony
    Sloth
    Pride

Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 293 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    need a new cellphone since my 4 yr old one died. I need new glasses, need a new pair of shoes...but my room also needs a cool lava lamp my impulses always tell me to manage my money like a 12 yr old , scientists should really get going with that money tree already

I don´t think ill get a smartphone, it just seems like a big waste of money for me right now. I just need to text and call, no plans, no fees, simple and cheap

Last edited by JDSart; July 8th, 2012 at 12:02 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My eldest son is 21 tomorrow. I'm sure he was just a baby the other day.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I went to an alehouse for a friends birthday and all the beer was that gross microbrew hype. I think they're just rebottling skunked schlitz and charging 1000% more for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Congrats Black Spot.

Had a terrible end to the weekend. Was storming all day here today, driving
    back from my inlaws we were on a coastal road with a cliff face on our left and
    the ocean on our right, with no street lights. I hit a rock that had been dislodged
    from the mountain side by the rain.

It tore my front left wheel to shreds and buckled my mag. I pulled off, no
    lights and no torch. (My stupidity) I could not see much at all. Luckily my
    brother in law was close by, so I called him to bring some light with him
    so I could put my spare on.

I went to get something out the car, my wife was standing next to it looking
    at the shredded wheel, when a car pulled up behind us. I got out of the car
    and they suddenly drove off...

My bro in law arrived soon after and shone his car lights on the situation. Damage
    to my front bumper as well. Spare was completely flat of course.

Most irritating thing is I just had my alignment and balancing done last week. It's
    all gone to shit now. I am just hoping the damage is not too extensive to the steering.

Still, as my wife kept reminded me. It could have been worse. Got home safe, it's
    a 45 minute drive, but I took it slow.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, glad you and your wife got home safe and stuff, Star Eater.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
    Lao-tzu, Chinese philosopher (604 BC - 531 BC)

My SketchBook.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Reutte For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 378 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I'm having like, the worst cold I've ever had this year and it's summer and it's tough to beat. Luckily my class has ended, but I was hoping to be more productive instead of feeling useless. And my period is also coming soon. Jesus.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    terrible cold right here, all i am doing is sneezing and coughing. lol.

Sketchbook

I am going to be amazing! .

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Marlo For This Useful Post:

Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 15