Random Chatter - Page 12

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Chatter

Thanks
    Thanked 1,821 Times in 938 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica5655 View Post
    We are defined by the dialogue between who we are and who we want to be.
    Shut the fuck up.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Eater View Post
    Shut the fuck up.
    ...Penny for your thoughts...?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Its a spambot, just hit quote on its post to see the hidden links in the message. Been going rampant all over the forums.

Reported it to the mods.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kuroyue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Anyone know any good, long art-related youtube vids? I love having some guy lecture on art while I'm painting away looking at something else. Anything from 30 minutes and up is great

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by iambanana View Post
    Anyone know any good, long art-related youtube vids? I love having some guy lecture on art while I'm painting away looking at something else. Anything from 30 minutes and up is great
    Me too! I have some DVDs and I love having Frazettas 'Painting with Fire' on while I work.

But to answer your question...no. But if you find any, please share!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,009 Times in 538 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Get on dat Bob Ross.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JFierce For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 887 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Anybody have a cat and a binder clip handy?

Ever since my next door neighbor and his cat moved into Seattle proper, I don't get as much cat experiment time as I used to. . .

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kamber Parrk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I repaired some Citadel miniatures today. They were primed with white paint and were missing body parts, so I finally decided to fix them with superglue after 12-15 years of letting them collect dust. It was a very unique experience because it brought back memories of being a teenager again. I also felt guilty about neglecting them for so many years.

I'm thinking I might paint some of them, but it would be a challenge to get back into that hobby after so long.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamber Parrk View Post
    Anybody have a cat and a binder clip handy?

Ever since my next door neighbor and his cat moved into Seattle proper, I don't get as much cat experiment time as I used to. . .

That's just disturbing....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pretty sure it's probably along the lines of the response a kitten would get when picked up by the mom by the scruff.

Looked it up, and of course sifting through you get tons of people saying 'That's cruel put a clip on you and see if it hurts'. When I laugh because obviously a cat's physique is the exact same as a humans. I'll just put a binder clip on my scruff... oh wai-......

That is one thing that bugs me more than anything with animals. People screaming animal cruelty over ridiculous stupid shit. "Your filming your puppy that can't get up a step by itself and you just leave it there. Stop abusing that animal!". Half the time the people know nothing about animals in the first place.

Hell this cat is literally kneading with the clip on.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JFierce For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by JFierce View Post
    That is one thing that bugs me more than anything with animals. People screaming animal cruelty over ridiculous stupid shit. "Your filming your puppy that can't get up a step by itself and you just leave it there. Stop abusing that animal!". Half the time the people know nothing about animals in the first place.
    Totally agree with you there. They are actually just screaming ignorance and trying to make a scene for the hell of it.

I have a pitbull who is such a drama queen. I grab him by the scruff of his neck, the same technique that the Cesar Dog Whisperer guy uses. There is no pain, I can grab him by his scruff and pull it around and such when he's calm and happy and does not give a rats ass. (He's lying right next to my chair, I grabbed the scruff of his neck right now and...nothing!)

-BUT- as soon as I grab it when he is misbehaving (over-excited, barking at dogs he sees) holy shit, you'd swear I just shoved a red hot poker up his ass. He will perform and yell at me, they do that to guilt you into letting go. It's all about reverting back to their puppyhood. In a few seconds he is completely calm again.

Last edited by Star Eater; March 5th, 2012 at 01:14 AM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Eater For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 871 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    That's just disturbing....
    My sister's a vet's assistant and she says they do this on a daily basis (or at least they grab the cats by the scruff.) It's non harmful and safer than using chemical anesthetics. And JFierce is right, it stems back to the way kittens are carried by their mothers. She also says this doesn't work on all cats.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldJake666 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The question I have, though, is: would it work on a REALLY BIG cat, like a lion that was contemplating eating you?

. . .Just reach up at the last moment with a giant clip like carpenters might use to hold glued boards together, or maybe a jumper cable, and WHAM!

--the King Of the Jungle takes a starey-eyed flashback to kittenhood. . .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamber Parrk View Post
    The question I have, though, is: would it work on a REALLY BIG cat, like a lion that was contemplating eating you?

. . .Just reach up at the last moment with a giant clip like carpenters might use to hold glued boards together, or maybe a jumper cable, and WHAM!

--the King Of the Jungle takes a starey-eyed flashback to kittenhood. . .
    That could come in handy down here if it did.

Right now we are having a severe crisis with rhino poaching. Its getting so bad that I can't bear to read the articles. Hundreds of Rhinos have been slaughtered for their horns in the past year.

The most sickening part? A few of the convictions have been of actual game park veterinarians. Amazing the power of money has over some weak people.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's sad how commercialized society is so that in a less civilized area like somewhere in the depths of the wilderness people will just hunt the shit out of any species just to get money. Then the more they hunt the rarer they get and probably the rarer they get the more money they can get from them.

As to the big cat clip. The real question is getting the clip off safely lol.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JFierce For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    here's one
    http://www.sidebarnation.com/my_webl...phil-hale.html

And Bobby Chiu has a lot on youtube

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Max Challie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was on the Coho ferry between Vancouver Island and Washington state last weekend and I experienced to 20 to 22 foot swells for the first time in my life. I literally thought we were going to die.

Grave Sight Graphics: The Art of Eric Lofgren.
    elofgren@ telus.net (to use e-mail address please remove space between the '@' and 'telus')

My Art Blog
    My Online Portfolio (Updated Jan. 30/ 2011)
    ~NiNjA~^~mOuNtAiN~^~PoDcAsT~(Working illustrators talking illustration)
    Eric Lofgren's licensible rpg art resource
    Art Director for New Gods of Raanon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My roommates are surprised that I didn't die from a heart attack yet.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 882 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    It's been a week since I last smoked any tobacco I can breathe deeply without feeling like coughing, I seem to have less fine lines on my face and I've saved myself £9 already the less fine lines bit might be wishful thinking.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good job, I have not had a smoke since a cigar at christmas, cigarettes? wow can't remember when I had my last one, obviously with everything that's happened I've quit for good now...but I still get strong cravings. There is an office next to our house and the girls take their smoke break in the back area next to ours...smells so good.......its odd because I was always a casual smoker, I smoked as a naughty teen, but much less so in my twenties...I picked up again a bit during my police service...but after that it became purely social. I did not think smelling smoke or seeing other people smoke would make me want one so badly. I guess its because I know I will not have another one.

Hang in there!

When I got back from picking up the wife from the train station on Tuesday, there was someone snooping around our property at the front. I blocked him from running down the pavement using my car, when I got out to grab him he high-tailed it right into the busy street and almost got himself flattened.

That was the last straw for us, we are not renewing our lease. Sick of people stealing our stuff and trying to break into our garage. I've never had so many incidents of crime since we moved onto this road and I used to live in the city centre!

Last edited by Star Eater; March 8th, 2012 at 08:01 AM.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Eater For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 608 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    SMART predicts imminent hard disk failure?

Huh. That's never happened before. I mean, I busted my hard drive back in 2010, but that was an instant thing.

Bah, maybe it's something I can get repaired. At least I hope so. I've already backed up all my important stuff last night, just in case. PROBABLY shouldn't be using it right now...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,912 Times in 833 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Something happened with CA and now I'm scared of entering threads where Star Eater has posted o.O

Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster"

Sketchy Link

Portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's coming to get you Tobba.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,912 Times in 833 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hehe... Seems to have sorted itself out now, at least.

"I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster"

Sketchy Link

Portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love sewing...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I got in a fight at a club yesterday and my nose looks horrendous.

I was sitting at our table minding my own beezwax, when across the room I see some guy twice my size pinning and choking my friend up against the wall. I don't care why he was doing it, I just rushed towards him, headlocked him and dragged him to the ground. I mean, I could've just been a douche and sucker punched him, I just wanted him out of there so I screamed for security but none came. Eventually I let the guy get up once he seemed sufficiently cooled off. He seems all chill and then suddenly he turns around and sucker punches me right in the nose. That gets me all fired the fuck up and everyones dragged out to the street by security where there was, besides me clocking him in the face a couple of times, no real fight since there were too many interveners.

This doesn't really ruin the night for me. What happens NEXT ruins the night for me.

See, I have this jacket. And it's not just any jacket. It's the leather jacket I've been wearing day in and day out for the last two years. It's the best jacket I've ever had. Part of me lives in that jacket. I really cannot express how important this jacket is.

We're outside at a different club. I turn to head inside, when my friend, you know, the one I just saved from getting choked out, holds me back, probably wanting to talk about what happened. I don't give a shit, since it's cold as hell outside, I tell him not to worry and a friends gotta do what a friends gotta do and all that. I try to head in, but he's physically still holding me back. I'm starting to get pissed, so I really yank myself away from him. He doesn't let go. SCRREEEEEECH goes my jacket. THE Jacket. My most beloved possession. I'm at the verge of tears. I slam my friend into the wall and head home. Crushed. Ruined. I'll never find another jacket like it. Fuck.

I just want to clarify that though this rant points to the opposite, I'm not a trouble maker. I haven't been in a fight for at least two years. This was a fluke.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    where has my gallery gone?

>>> GALLERY <<<
    <<<SKETCHBOOK >>>

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I got in a fight at a club yesterday and my nose looks horrendous.

I was sitting at our table minding my own beezwax, when across the room I see some guy twice my size pinning and choking my friend up against the wall. I don't care why he was doing it, I just rushed towards him, headlocked him and dragged him to the ground. I mean, I could've just been a douche and sucker punched him, I just wanted him out of there so I screamed for security but none came. Eventually I let the guy get up once he seemed sufficiently cooled off. He seems all chill and then suddenly he turns around and sucker punches me right in the nose. That gets me all fired the fuck up and everyones dragged out to the street by security where there was, besides me clocking him in the face a couple of times, no real fight since there were too many interveners.

This doesn't really ruin the night for me. What happens NEXT ruins the night for me.

See, I have this jacket. And it's not just any jacket. It's the leather jacket I've been wearing day in and day out for the last two years. It's the best jacket I've ever had. Part of me lives in that jacket. I really cannot express how important this jacket is.

We're outside at a different club. I turn to head inside, when my friend, you know, the one I just saved from getting choked out, holds me back, probably wanting to talk about what happened. I don't give a shit, since it's cold as hell outside, I tell him not to worry and a friends gotta do what a friends gotta do and all that. I try to head in, but he's physically still holding me back. I'm starting to get pissed, so I really yank myself away from him. He doesn't let go. SCRREEEEEECH goes my jacket. THE Jacket. My most beloved possession. I'm at the verge of tears. I slam my friend into the wall and head home. Crushed. Ruined. I'll never find another jacket like it. Fuck.

I just want to clarify that though this rant points to the opposite, I'm not a trouble maker. I haven't been in a fight for at least two years. This was a fluke.
    I trained in Karate for several years in highschool and learned to do takedowns in a job setting.

Nowadays, I'm more of an arm-chair enthusiast of such arts-- but I've done some on-line reading about the state-of-the-art in self-defense stuff.

Based on that: the mistake you made was in not immediately leaving the club for greener pastures upon "winning" the confrontation.

Psychos who mess with people are sore losers.

Here in the U S of A-- he might've gone out to his car, pocketed his Glock, and filled your hide full of 9mm rounds.

But, I really can't see any circumstances where I'd get into an acutal fight in the near future-- at this point, I'm more of a "fight to flee" sort.

Last edited by Kamber Parrk; March 13th, 2012 at 04:01 AM. Reason: clarity

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I remember asking my sunday school teacher if there were any pokemons in the Bible. I was five.

Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.