Page 12 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Chatter

Thanks
    Just noticed the Banner for the Seven dollar sale for the Art Department videos has finally been replaced nearly two months after it was advertised to finish. Does that mean that CA finally has enough money to get 4.0 out the door?

Jordan Beeston
    Sketchbook Livestream Infinity Wars
    Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing. - Camille Pissarro

Quote Originally Posted by kev ferrara View Post
    We do transmutational yoga and eat alchemy sandwiches and ride flying unicorns of esoteric freudian solipsism while googling anthropology. Whee!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    OniRem, don't wait for the "right moment". Whenever she is free, tell her you like her and then ask her if she can go out with you sometime. If she rejects, that's okay, you can still ask her again eventually.

Speaking of mine, I fell for a friend whom I have known casually for three years. All I knew was that we were very comfortable around each other. Ironic that the first conversation we had together was actually an aggressive fight. Who would have guessed that something like this would happen between us? (:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeston View Post
    Just noticed the Banner for the Seven dollar sale for the Art Department videos has finally been replaced nearly two months after it was advertised to finish. Does that mean that CA finally has enough money to get 4.0 out the door?
    I don't know, but I sure hope so. I think 4.0 will look really nice if it's still supposed to look like that screenshot Jason Manley showed a long time ago, so I'm hoping it comes out soon
    ---

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by D.M. View Post
    OniRem, don't wait for the "right moment". Whenever she is free, tell her you like her and then ask her if she can go out with you sometime. If she rejects, that's okay, you can still ask her again eventually.

Speaking of mine, I fell for a friend whom I have known casually for three years. All I knew was that we were very comfortable around each other. Ironic that the first conversation we had together was actually an aggressive fight. Who would have guessed that something like this would happen between us? (:
    You know what! I am gonna straight up say to her "I like you"...
    Well, i just hope it will go smoother than that ... -.-
    I dont know how guys approach the ladies to ask them out, but I am just gonna suck it up and approach her when she is by herself and just ask her.

and after this is all over and whatever the her answer is,
    I am gonna go drop dead somewhere!

Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!~ Bruce Lee

When one has no form, one can be all forms; when one has no style, he can fit in with any style.~ Bruce Lee

Thanks
    I once went to Barnes and Nobles and asked a fat woman who works there if there were any animal anatomy books, her first response was "ew". My first impression on her comment was me thinking why she was having nasty fantasies about the stuff she eats. Then another clerk stepped in, she wasn't as fat, and she laughed a bit. Then she told me where the hundred dollar veterinarian textbooks are. These people live in a small bubble.
    Last edited by Vay; September 28th, 2011 at 11:25 PM.
    My Sketchbook

Twinkle, twinkle little star
    I don't wonder what you are
    For by spectroscopic ken
    I know that you are hydrogen - Ian D.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Vay For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 608 Posts
    The only thing I hate about buying used books is how the previous owners of non-fiction texts usually mark it up from whenever they used them for a report or something.

Get a notepad, don't ruin the book! Why do people do that?

The clerk asked if I was going to use the Great Depression book I bought for an "art project" or something. (I wear my SCAD ID around my neck when I'm out and about.)

Uh...I guess? As research.

I can't shake the feeling that he thinks I'm gonna tear it apart to make a weird sculpture out of it or something.
    Last edited by Psychotime; September 28th, 2011 at 11:47 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,209 Times in 884 Posts
    Been trying to get on with a caricature commission but I keep swinging between an unconvincing "I can do this, I can do this" to a more convincing " I suck! I should give up drawing"

I hate this crisis of confidence period, I think it's because I'm mainly problem solving which is frustrating and I'm on a deadline which sucks. I'm going to have a break from doing commissions after this..no..no more...for a while.

Thanks
    Watch the video you linked in the cheer me up thread again!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Smashed_Pumpkin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 378 Posts
    I'm just...

Tired. :| I can feel tired, right?

Drinking overbrewed, bitter herbal tea...
    Blog Thing: http://www.velda.me/
    Twitter Thing: @velderia

Thanks
    Thanked 2,209 Times in 884 Posts
    smashed Lol you're right! I was afraid of the fraud police, damn them! I pushed through and finally warmed up and got 3 caricatures done this afternoon!

Thanks
    Yay, I bet they're great too!

Why are you tired Velderia? If it's because you've been working so hard then embrace it as a beacon of your good efforts!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Smashed_Pumpkin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,690 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel Intheuk View Post
    Been trying to get on with a caricature commission but I keep swinging between an unconvincing "I can do this, I can do this" to a more convincing " I suck! I should give up drawing"
    You have my empathy, I know how that feels. I myself get really horribly anal with every aspect of commissions and basically flood the person with WIPs while screaming "IS THIS OKAY omg tell me if anything's wrong IT MUST BE PERFEEEECT!" and then everything takes forever.
    And I actually managed to procrastinate over a week and put off wrapping up couple commissions because returning to them felt like a huge task... when in reality it took like an hour to finish both :I

On other news, I get sadistic enjoyment from listening couple people in my life drawing class who can't really draw but keep talking how they want to draw from imagination while all the assignments are of drawing from life. I feed from your pain, kids! And imagination drawing is coming after couple meetings, so...
    "I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TinyBird For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 871 Posts
    I'm considering learning another language or two, just for the fun of it. I took some Spanish classes in high school but I had bad teachers and I wasn't motivated and so I didn't learn much. I learned a bit for the first couple of years and then the teacher was so bad the last year that she basically un-learned everything I had originally learned. Now I remember like 10% of it. Anyway... what languages do you think would be good to learn? I think I'll get back into Spanish, because there's such a huge immigrant population around here not to mention that it's a pretty cool language and I already know a bit. Chinese/mandarin would obviously be a good one to learn but honestly I don't have much interest in the language. I think Icelandic is beautiful but that has to be one of the least practical things I could learn and I only know one Icelandic person who I haven't seen in months anyway. Swedish would also be cool, I know a few Swedes so I could practice. Does anybody have any recommendations for methods of learning?

Page 12 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 62 ... LastLast