Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Thanks

"Listen and undertand... that Terminator is out there...

"It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead."

Ok, it's 1/3 scale Terminator WIP time again. He's still rough, but at a stage that I thought I'd put him out from some feed back... he's looking okay to me, but a fresh eye is always good. I know there is still a lot to do, but any thoughts would be appreciated.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Alaneye; April 16th, 2012 at 03:30 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    303 views and no comments... hmmm, are you trying to tell me something?

Thanks
    No.....this is great, but I am sorry ....didn't you already post this up fairly recently? or is this a new one. If I remember, on your original thread you got lots of accolades and comments...or is this a new sculpt , and I am just having another " senior moment." Either way, this is a great sculpt, and you really captured his likness in an awesome way. Don't know why people aren't commenting unless its just that the forum doesn't seem as strong lately....maybe people are just wraped up in their own lives lately because of all the economic distress that we are all enduring....don't let it get you down....you are a very talented sculptor, and your work is top notch....stiff upper lip and all that. { it does suck when people don't comment on work that has taken you a lots of hard work and many, many hours to complete.} Maybe they will wake up and smell the smoke soon !!!
    Good luck

Mah ' Crub

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaneye View Post
    303 views and no comments... hmmm, are you trying to tell me something?
    There hasn't been much traffic lately so I haven't been checking as often.

Otherwise, I think it looks just like Arnold. 80's arnold. I wish I could give you something more meaningful than just unabashed praise, but it looks great and I can't wait to see how it progresses.

Thanks
    I love how crisp and clean the facial damage is on this and the superb likeness pretty awesome mate

Thanks
    Yeah, this is the 1984 Terminator. Maybe this is why people haven't commented, because they think I have just posted the same thing again.

Here is the T2 sculpture along side the T1... as you can see, they are not really alike, apart from the subject.

Thanks for the comments.

Al

Thanks
    Looking great! And if you take him to the level of crisp detail as the T2 one, it will be amazing...My only comment would be that it would be nice to include something uniquely 80's in this sculpt..to make it look like it comes from an 80's movie somehow...no idea how that would be done haha - but it would be nice

My Sketchbook
    My Sculpting thread
    Comics: www.uocomics.com
    Blog: www.jumpsuitblog.blogspot.com"
    "Yor's world! Yor's world! He's the man!"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Deon View Post
    Looking great! And if you take him to the level of crisp detail as the T2 one, it will be amazing...My only comment would be that it would be nice to include something uniquely 80's in this sculpt..to make it look like it comes from an 80's movie somehow...no idea how that would be done haha - but it would be nice
    I agree. I have been looking for that 'something' as sometimes I look at it and he looks very T2ish. From looking at the reference, I think Arnold lost a bit of weight during the production as he is quite round in the face during the opening shots, but later, in say the gunshop scene he is much leaner in the face. So I'm trying to find the middle ground with it. There are some more cuts and abrasions to go in yet so that might make the difference, plus the lapels of his jacket in T1 are bigger and wider than the lapels in T2.

Al

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaneye View Post
    Yeah, this is the 1984 Terminator. Maybe this is why people haven't commented, because they think I have just posted the same thing again.

Here is the T2 sculpture along side the T1... as you can see, they are not really alike, apart from the subject.

Thanks for the comments.

Al
    Great sculpture and big movie this , for the 80s generation

Thanks
    Yes , Al, I totally see the difference now, and honestly, like I said, I thought it was a mix up or a repost somehow....my mistake, I should have researched it....but I am not really that ambitious. Do you have any other sculpts that you could post? These are really great, and I would like to see what kind of other stuff you can do.....

Mah ' Crub

Thanks
    I showed a Predator that I did last year:

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=218074

I did some stuff years ago that you can see on my website. I've only really got back into sculpting again fairly recently.

Al

www.alanianson.com

Thanks
    Oh hell yes...I remember him,{ after seeing it again,} he is great. Well I am glad you decided to start sculpting again....what is next for you?

Mah ' Crub

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mah ' Crub View Post
    Oh hell yes...I remember him,{ after seeing it again,} he is great. Well I am glad you decided to start sculpting again....what is next for you?

Mah ' Crub
    My quest is to create busts of the main characters from the Terminator movies... definites are Sarah, young John, T1000, Reese, a T3 battle damaged Arnold, maybe the TX. I may make Miles Dyson, cause he has such a great face, and I also have a 1/3rd Alien warrior bust on the go. That's the plan... we'll see how far I get

Al

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1