Sketchbook: Down the Rabbit Hole
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cow Down the Rabbit Hole

Hi everyone
    so after lurking around for some time, i decided to make a sketchbook here, so that i will be motivated to draw more and most importantly get your feedback on my drawings and what i should focus on more in order to improve more and more, so feel free to criticize and giving your opinions and thoughts. Help me through this journey to wonderland!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Miss.BonBon; September 29th, 2013 at 08:59 PM. Reason: changing thumbnail
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very cute style, loving the last page of studies especially! I'm not really in a place to judge, but just one tiny thing I noticed was that on the second page of sketches, the noses seem a little bit flat on the top two faces...otherwise though, lovely work and can't wait to see more!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jdem For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with jdem on the flat noses. As a matter of fact, your heads seem flat in general. Stylization is great but make sure you draw from life as much as possible. Keep working on your anatomical studies as well as drawing real people and objects in front of you.

See my Sketchbook!!!!!!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Disciplette For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @jdem: thank you so much for visiting my sketchbook and also for mentioning the noses, i should study facial features more to be able to draw faces that have volume, hope you pay a visit soon

@Disciplette: yeah, good point, i agree with you now that i look closely i see that most of my drawings look flat and they lack understanding shapes and forms which mean i should try to put your feedback in consideration, thanks a lot for paying attention and giving me critics and opinions on what i should do

the first two pages are from imagination and the last pageis from reference like bridgman studies, except those three heads

Last edited by Miss.BonBon; September 29th, 2013 at 09:03 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so i'm back with an update. The first three images are from imagination, the male figure in the first page turned uot really awful, i should learn how to draw a male body in the second page i tried to give the head more volume with shading a little but as i don't understand the forms exactly it didn't turn out the way it should have ,and the hair is the worst part also there are two studies from photo reference and a copy of a russian drawing ( the man who is in a sitted position) , some studies from brigman and some legs

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss.BonBon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    havn't got much to say, just an update on some recent sketchbook pages, all form imagination

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    another update,some figures and heads from imagination...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss.BonBon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    At first I thought "Oh gods, another weeaboo, bracing for impact"
    But then I realized that you have a really neat style.
    I especially love those first two heads. Keep up the studies!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Zephyrion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey welcome to the sketchgroup! I see your doing figures, should fit in well then many of us are studying them.

visit my and help me improve

Kitfox Metalhead3 Not Deadman DTP Miss.BonBon OHI Browntear

Do not follow where the path might lead...go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing. - Aristotle

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Trailblazer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Not_Deadman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Where ya hiding? Don't forget to keep on posting

visit my and help me improve

Kitfox Metalhead3 Not Deadman DTP Miss.BonBon OHI Browntear

Do not follow where the path might lead...go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing. - Aristotle

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Trailblazer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! the first set of pictures are cute ! and nice lines!

I hope to be the best i can be... nothing less

WEBSITE

Sketchbook

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom Fenton For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, you had some nice stuff coming. Get back to work! You're not going to get any better by lazing around!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to kitfox For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i did not read all the replies, but i guess people might have told you that you should do more figure drawings. i think you should do some anatomy studies on top of tat as ur sketches show a lack of knowledge in muscle structure. thus some figures look lop-sided. but perhaps avoid those tutorials that throw at you all the muscles and bones. i personally think it does more harm then gd as it confuses amateur artist like us. take a look at this japanese drawing tutorial. it simplifies the major muscle grps into simple shapes. use google translate if you really wanna read or find ur way ard the site, but the pics are more then enuff to guide u on constructing your figures.

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~zm5s-nkm.../zenshin2.html

25. The Following User Says Thank You to emptyvessel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey guys, i'm really sorry for not updating, I didn't mean to be lazy but I had a really important personal thing to do and it took me almost 8 ours every day, but today it was finished I didn't have really much time left to study but here is what i was up to lately

@cannibalcarnivale: lol, i guess I make a ba dimpact with those first pages i posted, actually I started drawing being a fan of anime and that's the way it all started but then after a while i realized that style kinda limit my artistic ability and grouth, but sometimes i can't resist not to draw a chibi just for the fun of it LOL i find them to be cute. Thank you for stopping by my sketchbook and the encouragement

@Trailblazer: hey thank you, your anatomy studies inspire me, sorry I wasn't around for a while

@Tom Fenton: hey thank you very much, i think although my lines are clean but they are lifless , maybe it's just me i donno and about those first pages, I got the impression people here doesnt like that style of drawings, it seems I was wrong

@kitfox: yeah i know i know, I felt bad for not studying and posting myself, I hope I can make up for my lack of practice in my absence period

@emptyvessel: thanks a lot for visiting my sketchbook man, your criticism is very spot on, actually i really need to study body structure and muscles, at the moment my knowledge about human anatomy is very poor, I must agree with you about those kinda tutroials, actually there times in the past that i picked up an anatomy book and i was really scared of those minute details of muscles and bones and those wierd names aww thanks a lot for that tutorial link man!! it seems interesting putting muscles in groups so we can memorize them and learn them better
    ======================================
    some figures from imagination:

some heads from imagination, I tried to give some volume by trying to shade them, but i failed, I should study face features to know the shape and volume of the face better:

although this one has some problems like the hair being a disaster, her coat\s collar being terrible and her eyes not being symmetrical and her nose not having volume, i actually like this one

and some old random pages from sketchbook:

for the fun of it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    2 days ago I posted a big fat update and when i clicked on "submit reply", for some odd reason, it said your post will be invisible until a moderator approves it !!!
    So I waited and it's been almost two days and it's not visible yet, so I have lost my patience and I'm gonna re-post

here's an update on what I was upto during my absence:
    some figures and heads from imagination

I like this one though her hair didn't turn out like hair, the collar of her coat is a disaster, her nose lack volume and her eyes are not symmetrical

and some old random sketchbook pages:

for the fun of it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    2 days ago I posted a big fat update and when i clicked on "submit reply", for some odd reason, it said your post will be invisible until a moderator approves it !!!
    So I waited and it's been almost two days and it's not visible yet, so I have lost my patience and I'm gonna re-post

some figures and heads from imagination

I like this one though her hair didn't turn out like hair, the collar of her coat is a disaster, her nose lack volume and her eyes are not symmetrical

and some old random sketchbook pages:

for the fun of it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I wonder why when i want to make an update, after clicking on "submit reply", it only says your post will be invisible till a moderator approves it!!! I'm really upset now after trying to make 2 updates, for one of which I have waited 2 days to be approved and yet nothing! I didn't have such problem befor, and I still can post on other people's thread, but why not my own

Last edited by Miss.BonBon; August 31st, 2011 at 08:09 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    third attempt at updating *rollseyes*:

some figures from imagination

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    some heads from imagination, I should study face features to get a better idea of their form and at least shading them so they feel like they have volume, unlike these drawings which lack it

Last edited by Miss.BonBon; September 29th, 2013 at 09:20 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I whish at least moderators where quicker in approving *sighs* I'm getting kinda tired of this inconvenience, I will try to attach my files here instead of putting their url , though I really hate their attachment system

some old random sketchbook pages

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss.BonBon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi. I really like your style, definitely going in the right direction with improvements... keep drawing and posting, even if it is a hassle with the attachment manager! I'd love to see some of those sketches with colour. O_O

Works Conceptart sketchbook 2011 - 2014
    Tutorials Conceptart links for tutorials, guides "and more."
    Blog Art Tweets Contact : Daylesart@live.co.uk
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Dayle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cute sketches) Keep it up)

sketchbook
    my web Looking for a work

Помогите c активностью форуму-скетчбуку mentalant.com

37. The Following User Says Thank You to n1frit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi matey

I agree with the guys, there are some very good sketches in here, well done! if I was to crit anything it would be the anatomy on some of the figures is a bit off, but hey I cant draw for toffee yet so who am I to complain.

all the best to you and keep posting please its good!!

A great kind hearted lumbering bullock

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209918 = my Sketchbook

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightship69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Massive update, good stuff! Your figures look quite nice overall. You could try more dynamic poses to see if your anatomy knowledge still holds together. It's good that you work from imagination, but try to do more from life (or photographs). Or study good artists' work. In my opinion, that's really what improves your art. Work from the mind is good for getting familiar with the concepts that you've learned and coming up with your own ideas. But I think the overall improvement speed is slower compared to studies from life/photos/masters.

Keep working!

41. The Following User Says Thank You to kitfox For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

43. The Following User Says Thank You to Not_Deadman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hiyaa! You got pretty interesting start here...i'm just wondering where does your rabbit hole lead to i wud love to see some colored stuff at some point. Don't be afraid to use some volume on your shading...you can actually use the lines on the surface to describe the where and how the form is turning in perspective so feeeeel to form how it twists and turns and while you are studying Bridgman give Michael Hampton and Glenn Vilppu at least a flicker through u might find some useful info. Keep it up! Lovely work

45. The Following User Says Thank You to Ztak For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @cannibalcarnivale: LOL ,I guess my first pair of drawings gives a bad impression. Actually when I began to draw I was really into anime style, but as time passed I got over that feeling that anime style kinda restrict my drawing skill, though I still draw in that style once in a while for the fun of it, I think chibis are cute thank you for stopping by

@Trailblazer: thank you so much, yeah every one in our group are very inspiring

@Tom Fenton: thanks a lot mate, I think my lines are not lively though maybe that's cause of not giving line-wieght much attention as i should

@emptyvessel: yup I should study anatomy more, thanks a lot for paying attention and giving me your suggestions, I think grouping the muscles helps a lot to memorize them better. And Im very gratefull for that tutorial link

@Dayle: hey thanks for your encouraging words. I think I am not good at coloring, but I will give it a try

@n1frit: Thanks a bunch!

@Lightship69: hi, I agree with you I should study and draw more anatomy stuff, thanks for the visit and giving me your suggestion

@kitfox: yeah, I think I should try to draw from ref more often so my imaginative stuff would get better, which definitely shows through your stuff. Thanks for visiting

@Not_Deadman: hey thanks a lot man for giving me encouragment

@Ztak: I think my weak point is the lack of knowledge of the forms, I should work on that so I can shade my drawings in a way that shows volume. I think I'm not good at coloring but eventually I have to learn that I will definitely check Vilppu and Hampton out, been hearing good stuff about them. Thanks for stopping by and giving me critic and suggestion

Last edited by Miss.BonBon; September 29th, 2013 at 09:19 PM.

47. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss.BonBon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Keep in mind the spine, it'll help keep the torso in order Great updates and keep it up!

The Sketchbook
    Sketchbook Support Group Members: kitfox Not Deadman Trailbazer DTP
    Miss.BonBon

49. The Following User Says Thank You to metalhead3 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice faces from imagination. Your shading reminds me of old books, looks cool

51. The Following User Says Thank You to DTP For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.