Miniature Skeletons?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Miniature Skeletons?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Miniature Skeletons?

I didn't see anything that might help me address this, and I'm really hoping this isn't misplaced or a thread I shouldn't be posting!

I'm trying to find an affordable anatomical skeleton figure that I can use to do studies of how the bones work, but I'm having some difficulty even really knowing where I should start looking, let alone actually finding one. You know, like a smaller version of the ones that your high school biology teacher probably had in the corner of the room, with or without silly hats?

Does anyone here at CA know where I can get one of these?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

TinyBird is offline Why you gotta be an angry burd Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,654 Times in 1,618 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Do you know what you get when you Google "Miniature Skeleton"? The first link is this: http://www.shopanatomical.com/Mini_S...Model_s/44.htm
    Seems to have wide range of prices and sizes, don't know about the quality but that should at least get you started.

"I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyBird View Post
    Do you know what you get when you Google "Miniature Skeleton"? The first link is this: http://www.shopanatomical.com/Mini_S...Model_s/44.htm
    Seems to have wide range of prices and sizes, don't know about the quality but that should at least get you started.
    Ah, see, all of my results were getting 4-foot-tall skeleton models, and due to space restrictions, I really need one that's desktop-sized!

I was also hoping that someone else here had had the idea before me and knew what specifically I needed to look for in them XD

TinyBird is offline Why you gotta be an angry burd Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,654 Times in 1,618 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinz View Post
    Ah, see, all of my results were getting 4-foot-tall skeleton models, and due to space restrictions, I really need one that's desktop-sized!
    Well, the Petite Pete is like 8 inches tall http://www.shopanatomical.com/Petite.../acc-cms6p.htm and honestly your Google-Fu seems pretty weak.

I was also hoping that someone else here had had the idea before me and knew what specifically I needed to look for in them XD
    ...Anatomical/proportion correctness? You want a skeleton model that's as accurate in proportion etc as possible, something that may vary between the quality/price of the things. Though honestly I don't think that a miniature skeleton is exactly the best thing to get if you want to study how bones work (pretty sure that most of them [at least the cheap ones] aren't wired so that they'd move like real bones move in real humans), and would probably be more useful as posing etc reference.

Also discussion about skeletons in here: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...ature+skeleton

Last edited by TinyBird; July 29th, 2011 at 03:04 AM.
    "I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I found one at an antique shop for under $10. I was so happy.

He's my little buddy.

My Sketchbook

And then God said, "Let us make man in our likeness and our image. Let us make him ridiculously hard to draw so that poor artists everywhere will have to spend 10,000+ hours failing repeatedly before they can begin to capture the form and likeness onto a two-dimensional surface." And there was man. And it was good. And artists everywhere lost their minds.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to manlybrian For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by manlybrian View Post
    I found one at an antique shop for under $10. I was so happy.
    Oh man I had one just like that when I was a kid! Now I'm kicking myself for letting my mum throw it out!

Edit: What about complete/muscle figures? Such as

Or perhaps something articulated without skewing the masses too much?

Last edited by flash jordan; July 29th, 2011 at 06:34 PM.

sketchblog

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    There's this guy too at any learning kind of store http://www.amazon.com/Learning-Resou...d_sbs_indust_6

Members who have read this thread: 1