Art: Thoughts about how to start education in animation/illustration/concept design...

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thoughts about how to start education in animation/illustration/concept design...

Hello, I am currently a student in a college in UK. Next year I need to apply to uni. In future I want to be in concept art, illustration, animation areas. Could you please give me some infomation about very good places for these areas. Because initially I wanted to go to Sheridan for an animation programme. But recently I have visited Florence for summer course in a traditional atelier called Angel Art Academy, which is I think a place where you can gain so much skill in drawing and painting from real life on a very high level( they also do very detailed anatomical life drawing studies, portraits, etc.), but of course, there are no creative projects there, it is all about traditional realist art. However, maybe if you have ideas in your head, and you will gain skills in that kind of school, I think it will be easy to visualize it as you want. Plus I am a hard worker, I do art every day, because that is my passion. Has anyone got any info about these classical ateliers? I think it is quite relevant to illustration, concept art...What about you ? But I don't see a lot of poeple attending those traditional schools...
    Aaaand, recently I have heard about Art Center College of Design...which is so expensive...

I believe that no matter where will you go, illustration, animation, concept design- all require excellent drawing and painting skills,which are the base to move further.. if you want to reach a high level.

Anyway, I have written to much already, but this really worries me

My blog if you wish to look at my drawings:
    http://marijasdrawingblog.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    im in the same spot as you buddy theres only good art achhol in my location but i dont have that kinda money and i not know of any other schools im thinking up and leaving the continent

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 1