Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [For Beginners from Beginner] [My #1 tip]Perspective: Please DO not forget about it

Thanks
    Haha yea I understand it just seemed like some were mocking post because I am basically restating the importance of perspective.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    We need some illustrations of what you said up in here. ;D

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AnonYmouse View Post
    We need some illustrations of what you said up in here. ;D
    haha alright, I see what I can find and I'll dissect every part of the image for you guys. Monday this will be updated.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceteri View Post
    Haha yea I understand it just seemed like some were mocking post because I am basically restating the importance of perspective.
    No, I think the point that people are sort of making fun of you about is that you are in no position to teach or make people aware of anything.

Honestly, I would wager there is not a single person on this forum that isn't AWARE that perspective is a necessary fundamental. I mean, you seriously come off like you just got out of perspective class (Remember people: HORIZON LINE!") and are just regurgitating it for people on the forum. A beginner will want a person that knows what they are talking about telling them how to improve, not someone who is right there with them.

I'm not saying this to be rude at all, btw. I am saying this because I think you are seeing a lot of the experienced artists on the forum making helpful threads and you want to help, too. That is commendable, but the reason why those people ARE so helpful is because they have decades of experience under their belt. If someone really doesn't know what a horizon line is or isn't even aware that perspective is what they need to start incorporating into their work, they need to take a Jr. High art class, not come to CA.org (yet).

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dusty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,154 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
    No, I think the point that people are sort of making fun of you about is that you are in no position to teach or make people aware of anything.

Honestly, I would wager there is not a single person on this forum that isn't AWARE that perspective is a necessary fundamental. I mean, you seriously come off like you just got out of perspective class (Remember people: HORIZON LINE!") and are just regurgitating it for people on the forum. A beginner will want a person that knows what they are talking about telling them how to improve, not someone who is right there with them.

I'm not saying this to be rude at all, btw. I am saying this because I think you are seeing a lot of the experienced artists on the forum making helpful threads and you want to help, too. That is commendable, but the reason why those people ARE so helpful is because they have decades of experience under their belt. If someone really doesn't know what a horizon line is or isn't even aware that perspective is what they need to start incorporating into their work, they need to take a Jr. High art class, not come to CA.org (yet).

The blind leading the blind. And in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. But there are tons of people with two-eyes so you should probably ask them to help you out. People with one eye are still helpful, but they have no depth perception. Metaphorically speaking
    "Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to s.ketch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post

My good sir, I do believe I was simply suggesting that illustrations when paired with words are easier to follow, not that he can't teach. Now you on the other hand, are in fact, being rude. To insult someone for asking a question is as bad as telling them that since they don't draw exactly like you, they're wrong. So please, in the future, don't attack people for trying to help others, unless they're doing a complete 180° in their information they provide.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AnonYmouse For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 473 Posts
    "my good sir"?

Maybe it was "rude", but it needed to be said. I stand by it.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dusty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I've been really getting into my perspective drawing as its an area I so need to work on. I did think this thread would be full of advice I could instantly use but it seems like things have got a little heated in here. Anyway, there is no need to dwell.

Is there anyone here who have images of examples they would like to share? Any other recommendations for good books or videos or anything?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2