Art: My portfolio-Awating for Critique and Advices

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

My portfolio-Awating for Critique and Advices

Hello guys I'm new here. I just wanted to ask for any critique or advice on how i can improve my blog at the moment.Once I start uni this september I am going to create my own website. Please tell me your opinion.

http://www.georgitrashliev.com/

Last edited by ShadowSnake_67; August 12th, 2011 at 11:01 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Good Start, Scary Homepage

Hey Shadow,

Just taking a look at your website the first thing I would suggest is a splash page with one of your completed works displayed. People are going to want to see your kick ass artwork first off, not a half completed project. Also would ad a "blog" header so you can still navigate to your current projects. I enjoyed the simple layout. Only thing I didn't enjoy was your current homepage, as it rolls a blog that only has 3 posts (not to say that is a bad thing, it is young). I really liked your illustrations, but seeing what was on your blog first made me want to click the back arrow. Keep up the good work, and I will be visiting your site again

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

re

thanks for the reply, I think you are right about the home page,I just have to add more content so it doesnt look empty.I try to make my home page look like a news ,or the newest work displayed,just as a blogger. But if it makes people scared or make them think that they shouldnt check out the other pages,I will definatly add more content. Thanks for the critique!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Could I get more advices please

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You need to refine and finish your work before posting it up, especially never put up WIPs, thinking processes can be good but not WIPs. I didn't really see anything on your site of a professional standard, if you are just looking to show your hobby to others it is fine, but i wouldn't call it a professional portfolio and i don't think anyone would hire or commission you based on the level of work you have displayed.

Graphic design, Illustration, Photography. Australia.

LinkedIn

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks man, I have been exploring a lot of different styles and versions of how I can make a new more defined website. I just started my first year of uni ,doing graphic design BA hons and I am learning so much. I created this blog/portfolio when I was stil in college doing my A levels. But I am taking a different look on it now and I think to get one of these pro portfolio sites from behance where you can create your own and it looks pretty professional. I have read some of your Linkedin and as and experienced designer, I am very interested to know what you think about getting a website built by the prosite from behance. Can you give me an advise of where or how i can create my new website.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.