Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: WASTED

Thanks
    Thanked 1,585 Times in 604 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Rinibee
    K - sending the email soon

I'd be happy to help if you and Blake are interested - instead of doing random character work - as long as I can use the same pieces in my portfolio (currently looking for steady concept work as I grew tired of doing freelance texture work).

Bump.
    The ChoW - slightly updated. (still some issues, but its been on hiatus (the head and arms are so so - but need to move on as well). (Noticed that I didn't do the arm proper after I changed the shape a bit - so still kind of WIP there :& )
    Name:  Chow-Marauder_update.jpg
Views: 1097
Size:  488.5 KB

random sniper guy with some poison - not really a serious proposition ~
    Name:  WASTEDsniperposion.jpg
Views: 1084
Size:  336.4 KB

Last edited by dan liimatta; August 2nd, 2011 at 01:36 PM.
    SB. p31 updated 25.04.2012.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to dan liimatta For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dan

OH MY GOD!!!!

You have jumped into my brain and pulled out pretty much the exact concept I had had right down to the skull on the mask!!!! Dude you HAVE to join this team officially! I know it's not paid, but it would be great for your portfolio!!!!!

EDIT: I think the only difference is that I pictured him with a minigun instead of a sniper rifle

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eofn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm glad you liked it - I sent a sprawling letter and it covers your question; but, yes I would be happy to help out.

The one arm is weird - he was supposed to be lowering the rifle into the hand - but I didn't care to hint at the movement so I just added the grenade into the hand instead - I'll probably fix and lower the grenade into a more relaxed pose.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dan liimatta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I see what you mean. He does have a lightly, 'camp' pose going on at the moment. I'm also not sure, but his knees look a little low....he either has an exceptionally long torso or exceptionally long thighs.... but either way they look slight off in proportion to his calves. I could be imagining it though.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eofn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah the pose is a bit so so overall - would need to sort that - I more or less did a different posture at first - and then just changed the trunk and torso without much regard for the rest /o\

The mask is more or less the forgiving feature with it - but the angle is so so as I did it for the first pose and didn't feel like changing that once I redid the torso and arms.

If the design fits however I could do an alternate better take at him - well I could/will for my own sake actually.

& I also want to remove some musclemass from his arms - he started really beefy actually, [removed - didn't have the layers for it as they were deleted]

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dan liimatta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Overall design is fantastic. Now that you've said it was your original design, I would say give him a bulkier build. i mean don't go crazy and making him a tank, but you can afford to make him a little stockier

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eofn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,154 Times in 2,281 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA haha RINIEE ! BLANKSLATE! DAN! YER MY HEROSXDXDXD i MADE A VIDEO REPLY MY UNCLE IS IN TOWN FER A DAY I HAVENT SEEN HIM IN 20 YRS XD ILL MAKE A BETTER REPLY WHEN I GET HOME AN OFCOURSE YOU CAN HELP DAN YER MA FRIEND BROTHER let me know if yall think this helped haha sorry if you actually sit through it an THANKS FOR EVERYTHING ALL YALL RRRRRRRRROOOOOOOCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!
    PLEASE WATCH IF YER HELPING AN HAHA THANKX FOR AWESOME AN DUN HATE ME AFTER HAHA
    an i promise ill try to werk on the but um'S XDXDXD

ahh an guys like this roughf an the dead end guy i thought it would be cool if they could pick up objest like street signs an evol to cars dumpstres an tele'y poles XD

Attached Images Attached Images  

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SMILEFACE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome man!

So glad to see you guys doing this!

Cheers!
    Quinn

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Quinn Simoes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    an unfinished concept sketch of Digger.
    Name:  WASTED-Digger-edit.jpg
Views: 1018
Size:  356.6 KB

some thoughts on the the weapons for Sparky.
    Name:  WASTED-Edison&Tesla.jpg
Views: 1009
Size:  109.1 KB

Last edited by Blankstate; September 1st, 2011 at 10:30 AM.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blankstate For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    SMILEFACE

"I need to talk to Rini about it" ..... Translation: "I have some awesome ideas, and Rini needs to make them work as mechanics"

Dude you make my day every time I log on! I can be around today on skype although I might be at an audition tonight (About 7:30PM GMT til 9PM GMT) but I can stay up as late as you want. (EDIT: Do you think you'd be free between 5PM-8PM PDT? i think that it is about 1AM-4AM GMT. I'll be up either way )

You don't have to worry about doing this game alone! All the guys involved are really invested in this. You have a strong team behind you every step of the way

The 'audioblog' idea is really useful, especially as a mass updater. I think that you made a lot of really cool points but as my uni lecture would say "watch your scope!". You know that I will do everything I can to make all your ideas playable, but just as a heads up so we don't go too far off course, is sounds like the idea in your head is really for an MMO which is awesome, but not really feasible, however that's not to say that there aren't ways around that... but we'll talk more on skype later.

Blankstate
    You drew the shovel gun!!!!! That is awesome!!!!! I love that all I had to give you was the name of a weapon and you've gone and designed them just from that!!!!

As for an update for everyone. First off I am itching to draw but I'm stuck getting all the documentation drawn up, so as soon as that is done, I will email everyone involved a copy of the GDD so we can all be on the same page in terms of design and our overall endgoal. Be warned though, it's a BIG document and may take you a while to read through, but it's worth it to know the product inside out.

Secondly, Whist we are drawing away and writing docs, the programmers are putting together our engine (ION) and building custom tools such as level editors so that as soon as the pre-production stages are over, we can start building the demo straight away.

Finally, very soon the game will have its own website and management system which everyone involved can use to upload their work, send messages to other members of the team and so forth. Each person will get their own dedicated 'Wasted Blog' space that they can use as a sort of mini portfolio to show what they have specifically worked on for the project... kinda like having a SB but dedicated just to Wasted work. It'll be a few weeks before it is up and running so I'll explain more then! But trust me when I say it's really cool and it will make keeping in contact with each other really easy

Last edited by Eofn; August 3rd, 2011 at 06:16 AM.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eofn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ludic For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Ludic THANKS BROTHER

Quinn Simoes THANKS YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION BROTHER

liquidjack HAHA THANKS BROTHER IM DEF GUNNA NEED THAT

Angel Intheuk HAHA YA ONLY HAVE TA HELP IF YA WANTS BUT THAR ALWAYS BE ROOM TO SAY HELLO

NickyBeats HAHA THANKS BROTHER HOPE ALL GOES WELL FER YA

Blankstate DUDE YOU ROCK BROTHER HAHA I MADES YER DIGGER A BROTHER BROTHER XD

p sage HAHA THATS RIGHT I SAID IT JUDGE ME XDXDXD YOU ROCK BROTHER XD

ohucthulhu HEY ANY TIME YOU WANT BROTHER BUT ITS KINDA DONATIONS RIGHT NOW HAHA NO JOKE IM POOR XD

Rinibee YOU ARE MAKE ME SMILE TOO I THINK I MISSED YOU I HOPE YOU SLEEP WELL AN IM GUNNA STAY UP SO HIT ME UP WHEN YA GET UP HOPE YER AUDITION WENT WELL

dan liimatta YOU ARE UNBELIEVABLE TALENTED BROTHER YER PRESENCE IS AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWEEEESSSSSSSSOOOOOOMEEEEE AN YER SKILLS ROCK TOO XD

my friend he opened a school called futurepoly FUTUREPOLY if it wasnt for him i would still be drawing on napkins him an his friends have some pretty wicked werks so i want to give him a good word hes like a brother to me well i really look up to him so THANKS JASON

ahh an blakemcdermott@gmail.comif anyone wants to say hello XD

Last edited by SMILEFACE; August 4th, 2011 at 12:23 AM.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SMILEFACE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Blake and I had a very successful meeting this morning where we nailed down the mechanics AND narrative! Over the next few days I'll be posting the first drafts of the character bios! - enjoy

"SPARKY" aka Abney Faraday
    An engineer with a passion for inventing and creating new tech.

Mutation: Ability to control and manipulate electrical energy.
    'Supercharge Ability: Teleport & Static Burst
    Weapon/s: Ionising Pulse Pistols 'Tesla' & 'Edison'

Other info: Sparky wears a 'harness' down her back which was attached when she was captured in order to turn her into a human 'battery'. After escaping, she found that the harness had been fused to her spine, preventing it's removal, so she invented a pair of gauntlets which would allow her to 'channel' the excess energy the spine generated. She then went on to create a pair of boots that used the same energy. The boots allowed her to jump slightly higher and move slightly faster. They also protected her from injuring herself if she fell from a height after teleporting.

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Eofn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow! This is great! I like everything I see here. I don't know how rare it is to actually watch a game (with a killer concept such as this) being made from scratch. I know I never did anywhere. I'm subscribed for sure.

I like Sparky, she sounds and looks awesome. Though I can't help thinking of Surge from the Young X-Men, she also plays with electricity and have that gauntlet with similar function. Well, I just thought of saying this to you guys, perhaps this can be of some consideration? I don't know. Anyway, Sparky's waaaay cooler than Surge is though, especially with those guns, namely Tesla and Edison, that just unbeatable! Seriously

Keep up the awesome work here and please, keep sharing it to us here

I'm making mess here: Sketchbook .
    also on dA and blogspot

Cool people:
    Rotor | Kristoff | Kingkostas | Angel Intheuk | bbwolf

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to witcrack For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    witcrack

It's feedback like this that make the game even MORE fun to make! You're awesome!

As for the similarities to Surge, TOALLY intentional! She's one of my favourite comic book characters. There are A LOT of differences between the two characters though, one being that everything about Sparky reflects her connection with electricity from her personality to her movements. She's a very energetic character and very..... acrobatic. She bounds around like a spark ^_^ She's going to be amazing fun to animate!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Eofn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Did a bit of a redesign for Digger cause i didn't feel he was derpy enough and gave more of an M16Shovel than a shotgun shovel being as the Doc character is supposed to be more close quarters right? + gave him some dynamite, aah yeah! also trying to get a little closer to the overall art direction so far.

Name:  WASTED-char-digger2.jpg
Views: 839
Size:  236.4 KB

Oh and this is just a thought but we may not want too many of the same type
    of gas masks running around so maybe Smileface could wear one of these one sided full face masks. just thinking.

Name:  WASTED-char-smileface.jpg
Views: 842
Size:  77.4 KB

SMILEFACE That giant crane arm concept is freakin' awesome man! keep going!

Rinibee I'm lovin' the new Sparky!

Anyway i'm gonna try an hold off on doing any more concepts for now until i'm a little more up to date. later.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blankstate For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Blankstate

I love how Digger is evolving! The M16Shovel is a seriously nice touch. I think he still looks a little too.... sensible though I'll see if I can throw an inspiration sheet together for you to try an illustrate what I mean if that helps.

I also like how we all seems to have 'adopted' a character to design. All we need is for Dan to post a super awesome DOC and we have a full set!!!!! XD

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Eofn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is there any way I can join in or help this project? I need something to work on. : P

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ludic For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ludic It really depends on what you would like to do. I think we're full to the brim of character artists, but if you fancy doing some item/environment designs then great ^_^

EDIT: With that in mind, there is no restriction on posting work here relating to the project! You don't need to be part of the official team to draw the characters, or make suggestions

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Eofn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sure, i'd love to do anything! Mobs, items, icons. You name it .

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ludic For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,425 Times in 625 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    hey would it be ok if I join in for the fun? dont know what I could add to your game but sounds fun, and if i find the time it would be cool to contribute some pieces

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Partisan For This Useful Post:

donalfall is offline The Cat's Deputy (POW! Moderator)
    donalfall (at) gmail.com
    Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You guys...

Wow. Great work all around!

P.O.W.! - All the Comic Challenges you can handle

donalfall's sketchbook - page 14 | donalfall.com | galwaypubscrawl.com | facebook | twitter |

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donalfall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    donalfall HAHA THANKS BROTHER YOU RRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!

Partisan THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!! AS LONG AS IT IS AS A DONATION I WILL EXPLAIN BELOW

Ludic HAHA THANKS BROTHER THATS AWESOME!!!! AS LONG AS IT IS AS A DONATION I WILL EXPLAIN BELOW

Rinibee YOU ARE MY HERO NO SERIOUSLY yerrrrr ssssoooooOOOOOOOO AWESOME I LOVE THE NEW SPARKY XD

Blankstate DUDE YOU RRRRRRRROOOOOOCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK BROTHER!!!! I DIG THE DIGGER XDXDXD AN I EMAILED YA BACK I WAS AT THE DOC YESTERDAY XD

witcrack HEY THANKS FER THE GOOD WERD I THOUGHT IF THIS WERKS IT WOULD BE COOL TO LOOK BACK AT SOMEDAY

ANYONE INTRESTED IN HELPING XDXDXD
    I AM NOT ASKING FOR HELP WELL THAT WASNT MY INTENTION BUT THE FACT THAT PEOPLE STARTED IS AMAZING I CANT EXPLAIN HOW AWESOME THAT IS I JUST WANT TO BE FARE I AM NOT A PRO IN OR HAVE BEEN IN THE INDUSTRY AN I DUN WANT TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ANY OF YOU AMAZING ARTIST SO ANY WERK OR IDEAS MUST BE DONATION XDXDXD WE ARE REALLY TRYING TO MAKE THIS A GAME WE ARE NOT GETTING PAID NOW WE ARE WERKING BECAUSE WE WANT TO SEE THIS HAPPEN WE WOULD SURLY GIVE CREDIT AN HONORABLE MENTION IF WE COULD GET BACKED OR PUBLISHED I WOULD DO THE BEST I CAN TO KEEP ANYONE ON THAT PUT IN GOOD WERK AN HAD FUN XD I DUN KNOW THE BUSINESS SIDE OR LEGAL SIDE BUT I DUN WANT ANYONE TO LATER FEEL CHEATED OR THAT THERE IDEA WAS STOLEN SO PLEASE POST ONLY AS A VOLUNTEER

THAT SAID IF YOU STILL WANT TO HELP HAHA THAT WOULD RRRRRRRRROOOOOOCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!

AS YOU CAN SEE FROM MY CRAP ENVIRO WE NEED

ENVIRONMENTS-
    A LARGE CITY WASHED OVER WITH SAND (KINDA DESSERT LIKE) WITH MASSIVE SINK WHOLES CAUSING PART TO FULLY SUBMERGED SKY SCRAPPERS THROUGH OUT
    ANY KIND OF SUBTERRANEAN MOSTLY LIKE SUBWAYS INSIDE CAVES CAUSED BY SINK WHOLES
    AND ANYTHING ELSE YOU CAN THINK OF THAT COULD BE WERKED IN WOULD BE GREAT XD

CREATURE MUTATION-
    MOSTLY REALLY CREEPPY COULD BE HYBRID TO FIT THE ENVIROS ABOVE COULD BE FAST SLOW TINY EPICLY AWESOME SIZED COULD EVEN BE CUTE AS A PUPPY AS LONG AS ITS MUTATED COMBINING OF TWO OR THREE ANIMALS IS COOL BUT TRYING TO STAY AWAY FROM JUST MAKING NORMAL ANIMALS EPIC WE NEED NEW CREATIONS

WEAPONS -
    PRETTY MUCH ANYTHING FROM A NIFE TO A LAZER FIGHT ANY THING YOU CAN THINK OF THAT FALLS UNDER THE CATEGORIES OF BASS OR WICKED XD

NPC -
    CAN BE HUMAN OR MUTANT

MISC- ANYTHING YOU CAN THINK OF XDXDXD
    THANKS FOR EVERYONE THAT HAS BEEN HELPING AN FOR THE SUPPORT ALL YALL RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as FER THE PEOPLE IN THE GAME A NOTE THERE MASKS ARE ACTUALLY TO KEEP RADIATION FLOWING 300 YRS OF WAR HAS LEFT MAN DEPENDENT ON RADIATION WHEN NOT GETTIN SUFFECANT RADATION THEY WILL BEING TO MUTATE CAUSING EVERY THING FROM MENTAL DIS ORDER TO NO LONGER HUMAN EVERY ONE HAS THIS ADDICTION EVERY ONE IS A BIT MUTANT AN WITH THE RADIATION LEVELS DOPING DUN DUN DUN....

ALL YALL RRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AGAIN HAHA

ANY QUESTIONS YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT BLAKEMCDERMOTT@GMAIL.COM AN IF YOU WANNA HELP AN NOT SURE WHAT TO DO OR HOW YOU CAN GIVE ME A SHOUT OR JUST POST WHAT EVER YOU HAVE THE MOST FUN DOING XDXDXD

EDIT bonus pic quickerz of one of my lovely friends XD

Last edited by SMILEFACE; August 6th, 2011 at 01:25 AM.

46. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SMILEFACE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    SMILEFACE So the premise of the game is a Gritty futuristic dark horror with lots of post nuclear radiation and sci fi weaponry/gadgetry throughout set at least 300 yrs in the future with lots of baddassery and sparse humor. Thank you for clearing that up! I wasn't exactly clear on that with my last two posts . I'd still like to help out with some of the weapons/vehicles/creatures/enviros if i can manage but you guys cans sort out the characters/story line/playability.

That enviro isn't half bad really Blake. It captures the mood very well which is important when conveying scenery.

Please excuse the serious post. LADIDADIDA FRUITPOPS! there i feel better .

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blankstate For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work & just an update on what I was playing around with
    Name:  WASTEDsniperposion5.jpg
Views: 1467
Size:  248.2 KB

& I think I'm missing something with these that I personally want to capture, and that's dirt.

Might update it Monday as I want to at least get it up to a decent level for my own sake.

I was also pondering a bit on the monsters & bosses when I was doing the DSG (so like the ChoW not made for this project at all) - but

Made me wonder how the enemies might look (this is inspired by stuff like Nausicää)

50. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dan liimatta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,154 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    yo blake, i'm down if i can find the time to this weekend before school starts
    your enviro got me inspired as fuck!
    keep it up dude!

52. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ryan mcshane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Blankstate Just to clarify the art style:
    The game isn't dark and gritty or devoid of humor, quite the opposite. The easiest way to describe it would be like Borderlands and TF2. The world is in ruin and some of the mutations are creepy as hell! However we still want the game to have colour and some really fun elements. I really think that dan liimatta captures the style well; somewhere between relatively realistic and a stylised painted look. We're not looking for anything really dark or somber. In essence this is not a horror game and it isn't Fallout

dan liimatta That's an perfect example of a boss creature we're looking for., although perhaps a bit more organic and less robotic.

54. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eofn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Rinibee
    Thanks - and cool to hear my style clicks with the project.

I can do something post Sunday perhaps ~ (going to start the ChoW today

56. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dan liimatta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ryan mcshane HAHA YOU RRRRRRRRROOOOOCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK BROTHER!!!STAY IN SCHOOL XDXDXD

dan liimatta DUDE YER STYLE RRRRROOOOCCKKKKKKKKKSSSSSS THE PROJECT YER AWESOME!!!! an yer paints aint to shabby ether SPECAIL THANKS FER EVERYTHING

Blankstate AWESOME BROTHER GLAD YER ON THE TRAIN CAUSE YOU RRRRROOOOOOCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK !!!!!!!AN RINI HIT WHAT WE WANT PERFECT IM THINKING GO LUCKY TWISTED MUTANTS

RINI YOU RRRRRRRROOOOOOOCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK TOO TIMES 10 = 100 HAHA oh an heres the test dummie (there could be a gang of dummies sorry stuff just runs through my head XD) i was gunna make fer the engine

58. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SMILEFACE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,425 Times in 625 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    ok I am in ^^

60. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Partisan For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 9