Art: Portfolio Website Feedback

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Portfolio Website Feedback

Hello,

I would love to get some constructive criticism on what I could do to improve my portfolio website: www.jessicajimerson.com (I know there are a few areas that need some work)

I really appreciate your time

-----------☢Jessica Jimerson☢----------
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright, where to start:

You have way too much going on in your site. You have 13 links, and 11 of them are art related, that's insane. You need to pick what you want your portoflio to be talored to, and work on that. People in the industry could care less if you can do vector illustrations and anime (might want to get rid of anime). The fact you have to have 2 lines dedicated to your work says two things to me... You have alot of work and your always updating, which is good, and that you haven't found your niche yet.

Models: The models look fine, they are very basic, and the texturing needs alot of work. There isn't any wear on any of them, and the lighting in all your scenes looks to be a basic omni light, why aren;t there any shadows anywhere? The characters should be in a pose, not a T Stance.

Art: I think you should get rid of the Early Works section, it brings down your overall portfolio, and isn't needed. And you probly shouldn;t have a link for tutorials, because there are pros out there that do everything you can much better. Your anatomy and overall rendering of your characters is poorly executed. They all look very rushed, and unfinished.

Beside that, just keep working, and take crits. with a couple grains o salt.

Last edited by +oas+; July 24th, 2011 at 09:37 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to +oas+ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by +oas+ View Post
    Alright, where to start:

You have way too much going on in your site. You have 13 links, and 11 of them are art related, that's insane. You need to pick what you want your portoflio to be talored to, and work on that. People in the industry could care less if you can do vector illustrations and anime (might want to get rid of anime). The fact you have to have 2 lines dedicated to your work says two things to me... You have alot of work and your always updating, which is good, and that you haven't found your niche yet.

Models: The models look fine, they are very basic, and the texturing needs alot of work. There isn't any wear on any of them, and the lighting in all your scenes looks to be a basic omni light, why aren;t there any shadows anywhere? The characters should be in a pose, not a T Stance.

Art: I think you should get rid of the Early Works section, it brings down your overall portfolio, and isn't needed. And you probly shouldn;t have a link for tutorials, because there are pros out there that do everything you can much better. Your anatomy and overall rendering of your characters is poorly executed. They all look very rushed, and unfinished.

Beside that, just keep working, and take crits. with a couple grains o salt.
    Thanks for the overview!

I really appreciate your insights. I went in and deleted the early works and anime sections. As well as rearranged my main focuses in order (having the none art related tabs; resume, bio etc at the bottom). To try to show what my main talents are a bit better. -I agree about the 3D models as well, honestly about 86% (or maybe even a bit more than that) of the work on the site, was college related. So a lot of stuff up there is my first time doing it (like the model tank he was the first I ever did). I know that's more than likely a bad thing, but I'm working to have all the college work stuff replaced with professional work

One step at a time!

-Again I really appreciate you insights.

-----------☢Jessica Jimerson☢----------

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.