Join 500,000+ Artists
Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!
DISCLAIMER: You might notice that this weeks challenge page looks a little...bare. This is due to a new banner being made with all the new shiny rules and whatnot and at the moment I don't have access to photoshop, so watch this space! If you have any questions or queries about the rule changes and/or brief simply ask and I will do my best to answer as quickly as I can.
Character of the Week #253
-Create a design for a marauder character who wanders post-nuclear war wastelands-
DEADLINE: SUNDAY 24th JULY 2011, 9PM GMT+1
Check your timezone!
Post your final images in this thread. Remember, any comments posted BEFORE the poll is posted will be removed without any sort of warning.
CHECK YOUR TIMEZONE
CHECK YOUR FILENAME
MAKE SURE YOUR IMAGE ADHERES TO THE BRIEF
The Guidelines: A full brief can be found in the original challenge thread!
- Can be male or female
- The allegiance of the character must be clear: Mutant, Disfigured or Human
- No Alien or Supernatural elements
- Must be set in the future of our own planet
- It is a nuclear wasteland so think carefully about clothing, weapons, accessories etc as there won't be too much around
- No military uniforms or characters. These people were not PART of the war they just survived it.
- Can be any style or genre - But the darker you make it the better
In addition to the brief, if you do not follow these rules, you will not be included in the poll.
- Files must be named: CHoW#253_Username (Files with any other names such as final.jpg or even chow253final.jpg will not be accepted)
- Finals must be posted in the finals thread BEFORE the deadline
- Final post must include the CHoW number and the artists username at the bottom of the image
- At least 3/4 of the focus character must be visible
- Final images must be accompanied with a basic character sheet in a separate image Character sheets should at the very least show a sketch of the front and back of the character and a couple of early thumbnails/silhouettes.
- Follow the brief!
Last edited by Eofn; July 24th, 2011 at 04:30 PM.
Wasteland Marauder - A human's DNA has merged with a scorpion's! Bad times ahead.
my homepage: http://www.trickstertoys.com
I apologise if the size is too big. I'm pretty inexperienced with forums, and computers in general.
The New World Order Preacher Man
Once human, now Disfigured, blinded by hate and the radiation that melted his face.
He roams the wastelands recruiting any and all to his family of devoted followers. Those that refuse to join are simply... processed... for raw materials.
Last edited by Narko; July 24th, 2011 at 02:36 PM.
Mutant Marauder. Still human like but the radiation has hardened the marauders skin. The nose can no longer function in the toxic air so gil like features have appeared which can breathe the toxic air.
Disfigured Wasteland Marauder a.k.a. Flyswatter - Hides his grotesque face behind a mask. Has a biomechanical tongue that helps him catch and feed on insects(since very few nutritious life forms survived) and filter water to make safe to drink.
I was really looking forward to sleeping and then editing it some more when i woke up but then i realized that i would miss the deadline, so i have to post it now
I started off with a more complex design but then i realized that none of it was logical. If some people survived a nuclear war then so would basic clothing and a good marauder could be selective enough to carry a few good things rather than a bunch of random scraps and trash
but those kinds of thoughts might be what made this design less appealing than it could have been
Last edited by Caleb-Brown; July 24th, 2011 at 12:41 PM.
Human(?) Wasteland Marauder. With rubberized armor bolted together from old car tires and license plates, these marauders use battery-powered electro-staffs to stun enemies, capture them, then use them as slave labor or breeding stock. Also armed with a machete, when deadly force is required.
Disfigure human and mutant dog, Wasteland Marauder. Cheers.
Decaying Wasteland Marauder
My final, great entries!
Kind of a last ditch effort and I'm not very happy with it, but I wanted to at least submit something
He's a guy who's not afraid to go out and crack a few skulls with his hammer, but he spends most of his time helping to rebuild his home town.
delicious works ~ and here's mine ~ and sorry about the back and front, ran out of time as I'm not actually done with the main image (& I still need to sort out the legs)
Last edited by dan liimatta; July 24th, 2011 at 03:01 PM. Reason: derp. small changes to both images
SB. p31 updated 25.04.2012.
Wow, you guys have some seriously awesome work.
Here is the wasteland marauder, former couch potato, with a tv infused in his stomach.
Didn't have time for all the stuff required in the brief but thought I'd give it a try anyway. Good job people!
Here is mine nice work everyone!