Sketchbook: Tom's Sketchbook
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Tom's Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Tom's Sketchbook

Hello, my name is Tom, and I've been lurking these forums for a few years now, way too afraid to post anything here, but I guess the time finally came to join in.
    The isolation is tiresome tbh, so it will be nice being part of a community. I try to draw and paint as much as I can, but I find myself being fairly slow about it.
    Other than that its the usual goal about getting better and kicking those weak points in the face.

Anyway, here I am to share my tears with you all.

These first ones are from about a week back I guess, some could be older, and they are all from photoref, except the hacking device, that was for a school assignment from last fall, I am deathly afraid of making things up, so I'm fairly proud of that one still.

I will try to update as often as I have anything worth showing.

Attached Images Attached Images                      
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool sense of lightning dude

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Put a few hours into this so far, the likeness is way off, and I still redrew the face way too many times, so I finally just decided to go with what I had. I have been learning alot from this one and the last one I posted. I will most likely continue trying to squeeze as much knowledge as possible out of this one.
    I really appreciate any crits you guys and gals can give me, I am mostly fumbling in the dark when it comes to colors.

Also started a Jean-Leon Gerome master study yesterday, that one was very damn hard from the start, but thats half the pleasure I guess. I will upload that one when I get a bit further into it.

I also did about 2/3 of an A3 page with 2-3cm big gesture studies, that came out pretty horrible, I'll upload that later tonight when the page is full, or tomorrow.

hücumkedi: Thank you, I only recentley just made a breakthrough concerning the light, so its been fun. I'll come over and take a look in your book in a sec.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Whoa, what happend there? Time flew by and I found myself in a slump, they usually come and go, I have been doing some drawing now tho, so here it is.

As I said in the previous post, I am scared to death of working from imagination, so I started working on that, pretty generic and not so imaginative yet, but its a start.

Some are pretty crude and fast, I have been trying to familar myself with construction a bit better, as I ultimately want to make my own characters etc, not just work from reference. I'm pretty sloppy at first when it comes to learning new things, and then slowly work myself down to resonable speed when I get used to doing new things, rather odd I guess but thats how it works.

And I found the attachment manager here to be terrible, so photobucket from now on I guess.

Still working on tweaking the picture levels, so quality there may vary for a while, I will try to remember to scan a page before I start on the next one, so you don't have to suffer the see through of the pages. I've learned something each time I've tried to upload here.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.