Sketchbook: Happygirl's sketchbook

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Thanks

Happygirl's sketchbook

Hey, I'm new here and to be honest I'm a little scared to post my work here. I'm really just a beginner so my work is pretty crappy compared to a lot off people here >_<. I even would be surprised if anyone replied here

Well I'm gonna give it a try anyway. I'll go from old to newer. You might notice that the last one is without lines. I'm trying to get better at that but without success so far. Also that composition kind bad.

With pen
    Name:  Bloem (Roos).jpg
Views: 300
Size:  301.3 KB
    Something I made at college out of boredom
    Name:  vleugel.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  63.1 KB
    Character design for a project we where working on
    Name:  smaller dagger girl.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  94.4 KB
    another one
    Name:  Garet voorkant kleiner.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  77.4 KB
    and another one
    Name:  Grino kleiner.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  120.3 KB
    for fun/practice
    Name:  Femia kleiner.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  151.7 KB
    for fun/practice
    Name:  Dragon on Rock background.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  136.2 KB
    for fun/practice
    Name:  Hi Harry background.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  154.6 KB
    for a college project
    Name:  Space concept background.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  231.2 KB
    for a college project (never finished it)
    Name:  Forest Concept In progress kleiner.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  122.6 KB
    for a college project
    Name:  Alien smaller.png
Views: 306
Size:  976.3 KB
    for a college project
    Name:  Terasta smaller.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  110.3 KB
    for fun/practice
    Name:  Delivery smaller.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  503.3 KB

Critique's are very welcome especially on the last one. I got really stuck with that one and lost way to much time with it. I could use some tips for the next time Thanks in advance.

If you want to see more besides what I posted here you can find me on: http://mshappygirl.deviantart.com/

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Welcome to CA ... hope you have plenty fun posting your work
    The only thing that we can do is try .. and the more you try the better and easier things get! Keep drawing, keep posting ... looking good so far.

- BLOG - ------------------ - Sketchbook - ------------------ - deviantART -
    "It's nothing really, all in a days work for us bicycle repair men"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to shambok For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I understand that your mind full of idaes) But will be better start with more simplest objects. Draw them correctly. And the move to something more insane. Studying of anatomy, perspective and simple illumination this that that is necessary. I always come back to bases and I repeat them.

sketchbook
    my web Looking for a work

6. The Following User Says Thank You to n1frit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    The above is what I've been told, start with the basics such as simple shapes (spheres, cubes, cones,etc and then build it all up. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Steveland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Surprise! You got a reply
    Nice works btw, I'd love to critique further but I'm not sure how to tackle it all down.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kerah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey sorry I didn't reply on all those posts before (I did read them and did the thank you thingy). Thanks for all the replies and feedback. I'm actually surprised that there really where people who reacted on it.

I know I really need to practice a whole lot more and I still feel pretty insecure about posting my work here. I did really work hard on my drawing skills the last few months though and my complete summer holiday was about drawing. I've been drawing from like 10/11 am in the morning until 01.00 am >_< from Monday's till Fridays. A lot of it was just for studying human anatomy but I also made some simple fan art and things to practice my observation skills. It's kind of much to post that all here right now (there are like 95 pages/digital scenes) and I already got some really good feedback on that work from my drawing teacher.

So instead of posting all those things I'll try to post more things from now on. Which shouldn't be a problem because I started a new challenge for myself just for the purpose of getting better at this. At 27 September I became 23 years old and from that day on I have been/will be drawing +/- 1 hour a day (I only count the time in my free time) until the last day that I'm 23. I will keep track of the time and the time that I draw extra gives me some spare time for days that I can't draw or just when I'm having some kind of inspiration block or anything (I still must be having fun doing it right?) .

Uhm I'm not sure what I should post here right now...I guess I could post the thing I've been working on yesterday and it's probably interesting to post one of the Assignments that I found here on CA (http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=81332 I know these Assignments are somewhat old, but that doesn't make them less interesting or fun )

The Assignment (don't worry it's a toy gun)
    Name:  01-10-2011 kleiner.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  240.5 KB

The thing from yesterday. I started with this at a workshop I had yesterday, but I had a very short time so before I went home I made a picture of the toy so I could work a little further on it at home. But off course the perspective couldn't be exactly the same as when I was sitting at the table. So I couldn't really adjust his position anymore from observation. I did got some more time for adding details.
    Name:  11-10-2011 klein.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  467.7 KB

Please give me some feedback if you can. I really want to become a better artist and I'm prepared to a lot for it to achieve that goal. I'm getting a lot of help from my teachers to, but how more feedback I get the better

One of my teachers advised me to watch some gnomon masterclasses btw. Does anyone have any experiences with those and are they good for this goal? If they are, are there some you think I should really watch? (I did watch some already, but because I'm such a beginner it wouldn't hurt if I got a push into the right direction) Thanks in advance for any replies

Working as hard as I can to become a better artist

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Hey! good to see you posting here I know its pretty scary at first but people usually just give great advice and help tons, its good to get critiques so you see mistakes you might have missed.
    I wouldn't jump into the gnomon vids right now , just focus on getting the basics down by practising anatomy , doing photo studies and life studies.
    Once you get the hang of that , the gnomon and CA vids get more useful and give more insight , before that they'll be way to confusing . You can also join the crimson daggers, which is a pretty cool study group and the live streams are good fun to listen to while studying.

The pencils you posted look good! Watch your lines though , they are a bit scratchy, i think you draw mainly from your wrist?

Keep going! you'll improve tons.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Vodus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks, I'll try to make it less scratchy. It's mainly something I actually do when I'm not secure about what I'm drawing. If it's something I've been working on before or if I know better how the shapes should be I use less lines for it.

I never really paid attention to how I draw, but I think I draw mainly from my wrist indeed. Is that a bad thing?

A question about those Crimson Daggers, how do I join?

I guess I won't be looking to many gnomon masterclasses for now then. I'll just practice some more on the basics. I do sometimes have them on, on the "background" though (when I'm working on something else), I don't intend to copy them or anything. I'm just trying to get a slightly better understanding of how professionals do it. I'll study them more thoroughly when my art skills are at a higher level.

Btw, I'm kind of looking for more nude pictures which I could use to study the human body more, but I'm a little afraid of drawing those and then sharing them here to get some critiques. Because I don't want to get problems with the rights of the pictures or anything. How do you people do that? Do you just say that it's for study and then it's ok or do you need to ask it first or are there some sites you can freely use? Thanks for any reply

Sketchbook

Thanks
    I used an picture from my and my bf last summer holiday for this.
    Name:  26-10-2011 klein.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  336.5 KB

I have some other drawings I used for practicing my observation skills, but the original pictures aren't mine. So I'm not sure if I can post them. Well anyway I'm still drawing everyday and I still love to do it. Feedback/critique/tips are always very welcome.

Last edited by Ms.Happygirl; October 27th, 2011 at 05:51 AM.

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Some work I made for past few months. Looking at the last time I don't really expect to get any replies, but if someone accidentally reads this...

Feedback is always welcome

Name:  10-11-2011background.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  109.8 KB

Name:  20-11-2011 background.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  138.2 KB

Name:  09-12-2011background.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  95.0 KB

Name:  13-12-2011background.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  84.1 KB

Name:  16-12-2011.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  112.6 KB

Name:  18-12-2011background.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  130.1 KB

Name:  27-12-2011background.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  176.0 KB

Name:  31-12-2011background.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  525.0 KB

Name:  05_10-01-2012background.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  446.5 KB

Name:  10_24-01-2012background.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  333.3 KB

Some study's (i've been doing a lot of study's, but there are so many that it would be a ridiculous amount of work to post it all here. So these are more to give you an idea):
    Name:  26-01-2012s.jpg
Size:  303.4 KB

Name:  26-01-2012s2.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  308.3 KB

I'm still drawing +/- 1 hour a day (or more) and I'm still enjoying it

Last edited by Ms.Happygirl; January 27th, 2012 at 11:10 AM.

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Yay some more drawings. I don't really expect any reactions but I would most definitely appreciate feedback on my work

Random creature concepts
    Name:  26-02-2012print.jpg
Size:  156.2 KB
    Name:  27-02-2012.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  158.6 KB

Study
    Name:  12-02-2012o.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  503.7 KB

Random things
    Name:  31-03_01-04-2012background.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  122.5 KB
    Name:  14_15-04-2012background.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  70.6 KB
    Name:  05_07-03-2012b.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  129.3 KB
    Name:  27_28-03-2012tekstloosb.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  112.3 KB

Things for school
    Name:  Molochiothus background2.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  324.2 KB
    Name:  Hystridae background.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  176.2 KB
    Name:  Mantlossus portfoliob.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  215.1 KB

Last edited by Ms.Happygirl; April 17th, 2012 at 03:54 PM.

Sketchbook

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.