C.O.W. #222 ,the body part. Wips Thread. - Page 3
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: C.O.W. #222 ,the body part. Wips Thread.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    NailBiterMR: Loving the buttcheek monster!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey all, went with the squidleg even though I was sorely tempted to go for the scrotum jellyfish, just cause its a lot easier to render.

Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some very awesome funny/creepy/original/eye ballie ideas guys!

just a few random comments / hope it helps and doesn't offend:

ryansumo: so thats what happened to my leg!

Rob Powell: Digging your values and design really elevated the hand idea

NailBiterMR: thumbnails are a bit unreadable as to which body part it maybe, liking the hand on tho.

artiphats: are you eye balling me man! looks great but how is it a creature on its own?

heimdayel: i like the fusion idea, but its hard to visualize it happening, but a good concept creatures arms are great.

ColdDegree: the freaky eyeball jawed lizard, cool, tongue is great! there is a bit of confusion as to which body part this guy originaled from for me tho. Seem its from the eye ball??

skodone: Lets not be pointing fingers now! Very cool keep going. . . .

Artfix: its a tongue? Im gonna keep away from womens lower body parts from now on! Scorpion tail a classic touch

maeganite: hope you flesh it out more so i can make a fungal comment

Metallurgist: liking your thumbnails

Zarquino: Hey! Its a camel man!

Verehin: reminds me of Dead space, the floating heads nice but very creepy

Klungsama: I like the ear one. The penis one is very . . . . . .

Radicou: actually you are the only one! LOL go for it man see how far you can take it, it doesn't look mean tho try make it look more agro

GoldenSerpent: Liking the intensity in your thumbnails already, looking forward to see what you'll produce!

Taiski: liking your brain one, wonder where your at now with this challenge.

Sealegs: great early work liking the skull at the bottom right of the image you posted.

(lark: is my design fine (the spinal creature???) can i keep going with it??

Just started mine, hope and I HOPE spines have a green light because i got a great story board going as well, sort of a medical study . .

Attached Images Attached Images  

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AdrianNagorski For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hello guys!
    my concepts dunno which one i'm going : /

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to David79 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    like the lower right most

going to evolve mine a little more tomorrow hopefully having some ideas ^^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Amazing topic! I might have to abuse my old crippled hands for this one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great concepts all!

Here's where I am at with my "fingerlings"
    I'm working to tighten things up and make them a bit more menacing.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to J-Sun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    J-sun: dude don't make them menacing they are screaming for love, especialy the little one ^^

up!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to David79 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol david is that a killer vagina O_o

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    adriannagorski: yeah that's fine.

Looking sweet everybody! Keep it up!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to (lark For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    J-Sun: I also like how they are non-menacing especially when many immediately went that route. They seem sort of like they could be a futuristic designer pet; supply scientists with a bit of DNA and they grow you your own one of a kind fingerling.

David79: Awesome designs man!

AdrianNagorski: First off, really cool concept. Second, I'm not sure if you're planning to use your story board as your final or if it's just a brainstorm but I think the woman would look better curled up instead of stretched out when the creature is bursting out.Maybe something like this:

but instead of holding her knees maybe clawing at her sides or something. A similar top down view might also showcase the scene better than a side view.

---
    Decided to go with the arm creature, here's my progress. I decided to change the head as the one in my initial sketch seemed rather bland.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoldenSerpent For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, some really cool stuff going on guys!
    EDIT: Here some feedback... there was way more people in this thread than i realized!

Radicou- Try to improve the clarity of the nose, i see it now but i was confused at first glance, also a look at some insect legs, The little antennae things are cute but they are a little confusing because they are coming out of his head and from his underside...
    Klungsama Lol, i like what u have going on on the head of the penis creature...I kinda like that nose bug too...
    Verehin- Really cool idea...and scary!
    Zarquino -this made me laugh! I wanna know how it eats...
    Metallurgist -cool idea! The skeletal scorpion is cool idea...i really like the shape of the body- the other 2 have potential as well!
    artiphats Lol, this thing is crazy- I really like it, Its kinda unclear if that eyeball on the tongue is attached to the creature, or if the creature is going to eat it, and add it to himself... I like this guy more than the single eyeball creature, tho you did a nice job rendering that eyeball...
    maeganite interesting creature, be careful not to add so many elements that its hard to tell what the body part is...
    Artfix-This is cool! you should finish it!
    ColdDegree I like the idea of a creature made of brain matter- right now the head looks really heavy to me, the bone/jaw element could work, i feel like it may need some other bones visible elsewhere in the design...keep at it!
    skodone Really cool and creepy, i can imagine getting attacked by all ten fingers and toes!
    Rob Powell -Good start, right now stuff looks like it is rendered out of the same material kinda, i think u need to make the brains and eyes look more slimey... u have highlights on the corneas of the eyeballs, but the eyeballs themselves need a highlight too
    heimdayel - interesting idea, this seems like a very surreal creature, like maybe from a nightmare... its hard to see the hands working for flying in real life...
    NailBiterMR- Really cool ideas.. the butt creature is cool & funny, but i also like that hand creature!
    ryansumo Cool idea, I can see this guy having a kick motion, right now he doesn't look underwater much, maybe look at some ref of some whales and stuff underwater..
    AdrianNagorski- Really cool idea, i like that you thought about how the creature came into existence...
    J-Sun- I agree with David, these guy are likable right now, in a friendly pet kinda way...
    David79- Really awesome! truly terrifying- keep up the good work!
    GoldenSerpent- Really cool! I really like your style... I like how u have the veins wrapping around the creature...
    Sealegs Learn to paint!!

Worked on it a little today- Heres what i got so far... I tried making some arms or something come out of the eye sockets, but i think it hurt the "read" of the skull too much...

Last edited by Sealegs; July 26th, 2011 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Feedback

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sealegs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some awesome work in here so far! Here's my progress so far...just having fun and trying new things as always...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sealegs: Thanks man, yeah it took me awhile to figure out what to do, every one seemed to do hands, and eyes so i'm like hmmm . . . . . . then i thought i got to elevate me game if i ever wanna come close to you guys as well as hopefully one day work as an artist.
    i'm liking the rendering and pretty much you can tell its a skull, very cool, the eye ball isnt visible you would make it look really creepy if you put like plain white eyes or eyes looking in wrong directions or oozing out, i'm liking your rendering its really pro.

GoldenSerpent: Thank you for the help it real helped me, i looked at random fetal positions and this is what i came up with, yeah i'm gonna use the story board in my painting, it helps the over all design, i might move the bottem image over a bit more to the right.
    I love your rendering, i hope i can come close to that somehow, the colour blending is great as well, the hand is pretty pale i guess when its detached from the body it would turn pale right? (greenish decayed . . nah just a mention.) your design is great i like it BUT the hand seems a bit plain? Did you just add colours on the fly, or did you start a layer of values first? using a hard brush all the way? Im a bit clueless smoothing out my colors, youll see how mine turns out then i'm sure you could please assisst me some more if you have time later.

(lark: Thanks MAN! I was a bit worried, now i have to try and fill my creature more into the page so it becomes the focus or else its against the rules right?, but i'm trying aaarrr.. . . .

So i spend an hour or two reworking the layout before i start with colours, im gonna stay up all nite working on this got class in the morning but i dont care i wanna make this thing so picture perfect its gonna make your eyes bleed, pleasure . . . .
    T.O.P (time of post) 21.56pm Tuesday in Australia

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Angry WIP No.3

im tired. . . gonna try blend now (struggling i am)

23. The Following User Says Thank You to AdrianNagorski For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AdrianNagorski: That is such a sick fucking concept! lol I like that little storyline action going on there and so gruesome with the spine exploding from the back. Feel so bad for that chick,hahah

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Lege1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for le comments guys.
    Aahhhh, I've been putting this off for so long!
    Heres some development anyway. I'll get started on the final image but I might not be able to finish on time...

David79 and GoldenSerpent amazing! What more can I say.
    AdrianNagorski Yeah, I love that sequence drawing, but I think you gave yourself a pretty tough challenge d: It's looking good though!
    Lege1 Really creepy, I can imagine those little fingers just wriggling around urgh gives me the heebiejeebies.
    Sealegs Lookin' 'mazing! You could have the legs just sorta resting in the eyesockets?
    J-Sun Cute I don't think theres no need to make them more menacing, although I can imagine that would make it a bit more popular on the polls (maybe?)
    Ryansumo I think it's reading too much as just a squid at the moment. maybe make the leg look more fleshy?
    Nailbiter I think the head chicken is looking the most solid as a design, but conceptwise... the butt is best
    Artiphats Eyeball monsters, love em. I think you're going in a pretty good direction with this.
    Heimdayel I can't really see the it flying, and I'm not too convinced with the thumb-teeth. Nice mix of parts though, I think it needs to be more realised as a creature. Think about balance and proportions. By the way it was a real shame your submission for the polls didn't show up properly, it was such a nice piece and deserved so many more votes.
    RobPowell Looking wicked. Just the colour to go yeah? I think you should think about how your creature is going to sit on the page.
    ColdDegree Your dude is looking hideous! In a good way

I'll make more comments on the rest a bit later.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Taiski For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AdrianNagorski: Hm that's going to be a lot of work trying to detail the whole storyboard, since the first panel is pretty basic maybe turn her into a silhouette and get rid of the background. You could even stick with your medical diagram type 2nd and third panel and draw out just her respiratory system to better foreshadow the process. Since the 2nd panel seems to be still showing her inhaling the spores you could get rid of the second panel and move the drawing of her crouched up to the top row. This would leave the whole bottom panel to focus on the close up of your creature.
    Name:  paintover.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  187.8 KB
    I used the smudge tool a lot more on this one to smooth things out. And yes for this I used a grey scale drawing to make sure my values were working. I like to use grey scale if I'm drawing something I'm not as familiar with drawing or know I have problems with (aka a detail shot of a hand). Most of your questions on my technique can probably be answered by this tutorial I did for an older COW:http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=220601
    Hope that all helps!

Taiski: Looking good, I really like how you drew the brain's mouth. I think you should round out the bottom of the tail closest to the viewer, probably taking it out to the edge of the shadow would look better. Hope that explanation made sense.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to GoldenSerpent For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    GoldenSerpent: Wow, you just blew my image out of the water again! I've actually seen your tutorial before but I thanked Si-Swe for it ,snap, Its really good thanks for that. Its hard for me to stick to a specific technique but i'll really try to buckle down and learn yours, I love penciling tho. I wish I had more time!!!!!
    In frame one i wanted to show where the spores originated from. But keeping the women a silhouette is a great idea, does it give less emotional ties to her later on if you see her spine ripped out cause initially she was just a silhouette?

Yeah so went to sleep at one in the morning, i'm gonna end up submitting this one. Hopefully its rendered enough and meets all the rules if not that doesn't matter, its a learning experience.

Last edited by AdrianNagorski; July 26th, 2011 at 06:34 PM. Reason: added more text

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    GoldenSerpent: thx and same for you too, same opinion Sealegs the veins are top on, not sure if i want grab her hand keep up!
    Sealegs: thx budy, iup better not using the eye socket let the arms like that i pretty sure you gona do good creepy eyes perapse like a evil crab?!
    Taiski: lololol when i saw your entry i laught so much good job one point duno if u are for a evil look or funny but the eyes make it kind a friendly and funny, mating your creature with mine they can make strangely cute baby eheheh !

mine for tonight add some colors and texture to see how is work!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to David79 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    David79: I like where that is going amigo!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow! : O really cool designs everyone : D!!!

Working on the bug hand right now, still in progress, if anyone has some critiques please let me know : D

Rob Powell is offline ...he draws aliens and doesn't afraid of anything...
    Level 8 Gladiator: Thracian
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,593 Times in 588 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    David79: Looking sweet so far dude! Some really good anatomy going on, as well as so creepiness in your creature! You def should add some brighter colours around the head/crotch/place area, especially the eyes.

AdrianNagorski: Pretty neat little panels, remember to focus more on the design of the creature so you should make the top panels a bit smaller so it doesn't take away from your creature's design, also consider the anatomy, the spine has hundreds of tiny muscles that hold it to the back as well as all the ribs, if the creature was able to rip itself out of a human's back you should show these muscles rip, or snap off of it as it pries itself free. Another thing you could consider is instead of showing a close up of the creature ripping out of her back, you should show the creature in it's entirty after it is completely out of it's back and then place the other part with the other panels.

Taiski: looks neat so far! The placement of the tail could be a little better so it's more clear to the viewer.

Lege1: Looks freaky, doesn't look like it'd be very well balanced the way it is positioned though

Sealegs: That's just plain awesome, dude! Really like the crab-like posture it has.

GoldenSerpent: Really cool. I like the transulscency of the skin as well as all the small little details in the mouth area.

J-Sun: DAWWW! ^^ I think they are just fine, just becasue a body part detaches froma human body and turns into a creature doesn't mean they have to be horrific creatures.

ryansumo: Interesting take on the subject. How about instead of adding fins to the foot, you could alter the structure of the foot so it has more webbing, kinda like frog feet, just be sure to keep it so the design still looks like it originated from a human leg

NailBiterMR: I like the head chicken the best, haha. I'd be pretty funny if you made his ears into wings, or something winglike.

artiphats: Really neat looking eye, it'd be cool to see how you alter it to form a creature

heimdayel: Kool idea, but as somebody stated, the fingers alone would make flying rather difficult

Here's some progress on my eye hand creature...thing...started painitng in the colours but if feel I might be mucking this one up, but I'll continue working on it to see if I can still salvage it
    Name:  Body Part copy.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  140.3 KB

Art is not about competing against others and being better than everyone else, but it is about competing against yourself and discovering your greatest potential!

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob Powell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice topic! and some nice art already

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ryansumo wow really good so far but i think compositional wise it can look better

AdrianNagorski pretty cool are you going to enter it like a panel?

J-Sun i hope you keep em that cute lol

David79 holy crap that looks uber awesome lol are you going to keep the line drawing?

Rob Powell good rendering so far

Taiski it looks really good so far keep the smily mouth

SealegsI LOVE the use of the skull

anyways i worked on mine more :]

39. The Following User Says Thank You to ColdDegree For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey what day are these due by?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The 27 today or tomorrow depending on yo time but dont worry another one is coming up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heres what i think will be my final. Kinda screwed myself over by being unorgainsed and messy D:. bleh.
    Might try and rework it a bit before the deadline tommorow.

P.S.

SeaLegs and David79, i want to be inside of your brains.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I made some progress, still have a bit more to go for where I want it to be. Great creatures in here so far.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    J-sun: those creatures are adorable, don't change a thing!
    Lege1: Good stuff jsut keep tightening it up a bit more.
    David79; Those are really coming together, but maybe change the values up for the creatures so they stand out a little more?
    Sealegs: Thanks fo rthe tip, your skullcrab is looking pretty badass.
    GoldenSerpent: Amazing rendering. That vein really draws my eyes to the creature!

Based on some comments from you peeps decided to give this another stab. More of a shrimp/squid/leg creature now than before.

Last edited by ryansumo; July 27th, 2011 at 05:23 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2