View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Imaginalex's Sketchbook

First of all, hello everyone,

and second,

i'm sorry if my english will maybe make your eyes bleed sometime

Those are fantasy medieval armor concepts i'm working on atm.

in the first one, it's the armor of the leader of the "white Lion's Legion" it's an heavy armor made for negociation / trade and must be heavily blinded / protecting to prevent assassinations.

The 2nd one is a mix of different armor parts coming from nordic and viking influenza, also has an arabic power / force belt, leather bands under the shoulder parts coming from segmentata loricae of a romanian general.

(i don't know how to post a picture next to the title of the post, sorry... )

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    okay, this is the main char of the story i'm working on (adult, around 21 / 22 year old ) he is a bit transgenic, because he is born from two curses that united in it's body, because his nordic father had weretiger curse dormant in his blood, and her mother, byakko demon sealed into her linneage, the "union" of those two curses in leo's body made him a little bit different from a human.

(if you think he has large arms, thin chest, and round / big shoulders as well as a slightly longer neck, it's normal, it's part of the "mitigation" or hybridation of genes i wanted to put into the character, also, his bones are thick, especially in the arms, because two natural blades as long as his humerus are hidden in cavity / holes in his humerus, and cubitus + radius has also "holes" where the blades can "slide" ONLY when he has cubitus+radius in perfect line with his humerus to make the bones blades slide through it's arms, anyway, it's something he will discover very very late in the comic, the blades will allways be there but, it's on a special occasion that he will disover they exists (while he gets his arms broken by a powerfull mythologic being )

anyway, here it is :

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like your nice clean lines and the inventive and cool anatomy. The armor in the first couple is fantastic. Very cool.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank you very much ! i'm gratefull it doesn't look too much inhuman, i'm fighting hard sometime to keep right proportions i've made "up" in my mind for him.

Another pic, half inspired from a "manga" i love, but i changed most of the design / look and equipment of the character to fit into a more fantasy world, anyway, it's still leo Tigerheart, but he is wearing a large mechanical sword, with an engine in the gard, the handle is used as an accellerator for the engine, it makes the blade vibrate go forth and back on it's long side, acting almost as a... chainsaw ? when he puts the blade on an opponent, he accellerates with the handle and the blade cut, go forth / and back, and go through plate / flesh / bones, i think it can be called steampunk for the mechanical part but i'm not really sure, it may stay in fantasy category ?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the armor. very cool!

Sketchbook

NaidyBlack SpotEyestrainVK

“This is [...] where the anvils are made of graphite, the hammers are as true as rectangular marquee selections and the fires burn with the light of a thousand lensflares.” --Jason Rainville

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this, this is actually a "comic"/manga page from something i'm personnaly working on (the character, leo, is still very young in this one) i'm sorry if it may loose a lot of visual information, i hade to save it in png8 64 colors to fit the file size and i'm bad with english expressions so everything must not turn as well as it should be if i knew the right way to express what i want to mean in eng )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this is the page before the other one, Leo tigerheart was "chased" by a... well... an "eye" on spider legs made out of his optical nerve, i'll post the page before this one too for better understandability... sorry this one being in french hasn't had the time to translate for now.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    previous page then :

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    in this one, the weretiger/byakko demon in his mind throw'd his eye to the main character, just playing with it's "prey" and turning his dream into a nightmare.

there is some influences from H.G.giger into the "decorations" of the weretiger bones, his eye / familliar is... well... called glorbite because, you know... orbit / globe... glorbit... i haven't searched very far but i think it works huh ? XD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't know if you've seen the show but the main character looks like Lion-O, the leader of the ThunderCats. Nice work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    previous page, again.

yeah but the story will be much much darker than thundercats of course and placed into a medieval / dark fantasy world, the main char is cursed with the byakko demon and weretiger curse that make him "transgenic" when he was born, the story begin at the end of antiquity era and the early days of medieval age. this part is just a dream that turns slightly/gradually into a nightmare

My true inspirations for this character are :

Guts (berserk)
    Rei (breath of fire III)
    And kimba (the anime / manga disney ripped off with lion king.)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    previous page, i think i should have begun with the first one XD ha ha ha... silly me...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    previous page (again, i know )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The part with "falling" slowly into old looking stairs is something i already dream'd / nightmar'd of, disassembling the background by turning around too as if everything was not "attached"... (sorry for it being in french, but he just wonders where he is, what happen to him, why he is falling so slowly and he say he has to get back on his feet or try ) and feels like he already visited this place before.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    previous page :

(well i may stop posting a while without encumbering all the time the topic and other one up there, but there's still like 20 pages i drawn that i will post later.)

Last edited by imaginalex; July 21st, 2011 at 01:26 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm wondering why there is no "medieval" choice in the selection of "genre" or category of pictures, i choose sometime historical or fantasy, but come on, don't try to throw medieval art to the trash -_-

just created a mount to fit the armor design of the White Lion, so, the horse may have a white lion armor look too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A new page i just finished, not translated but the different clocks from the last page are saying it's almost time and making fun of the character while trying to scare him

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, so this is Leo awakening brutally from his nightmare, his counsciousness an mind recovering after 3 years of emprisonnement into the abysses of his sub counsciousness by the byakko demon / weretiger finally let him "awake" and it's like he's seeing the world for the first time so i wanted colors to be "alive" and strong, it won't allways be like this but i wanted to push on the fact he's finally awake for good and also, make a huge contrast between the last page of his nightmare and this one.

I think i represented / done not too badly the "skin" part of his hand remembering that it's an transgenic cursed human with tigranthropy / weretiger as we can see the "normal" proportions of his palm / hand in the middle of it's half hand / paw.

Still on wip though

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i tried to colour some stuff with my basic / own perception / self learning of coloring... don't mock me, i'm trying, even since i have little to no knowledge in coloring, it may be very juvenile / vivid.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    another colored page, trying to use a different / less vivid colors / low saturated colors to make some self learning experiments...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    it's been a while i haven't came here, but i made other little comic concepts.

was working on a post apocalyptic comic, with the feelings and comment of a 10 year old child on his own world, trying to find positive aspects to his era against the past era where everything was still "okay" so he basically find his world more funny / enjoyable as a child because he is better equiped to go to school, that cities are a big playground where he can climb, jump, and do what he want or as it pleases him, even if he has sometime to take care about road signs, / symbols for other reasons than before the nuclear disaster.

And being a young student he will slightly discovers that his world is not as "cool" and positive than he think it is x)

he has a CO detector that does the "pip" or "peep" sounds when he come across a dangerous area with filthy / dangerous substance in the air (so he activate the air in his schoolbag connected to his armor so he can breathe and not fall uncounscious) and also a geiger / radioactive detector that does the "crr" or "Krrr" sounds, even if he has aluminium clothes and lead plates all around him it's better for him to run fast when the "crrr" become more regular and fast, the school teacher told him to not stay too long in an area where there is too many sounds around him and "Krrr" from the detector.

Last edited by imaginalex; August 26th, 2011 at 04:32 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so, there was not enough women in this topic, i basicaly like well bodyied / warrior / amazonian womens, with good "base" charpente / hmmm a little more /slightly more bulkier than the usual athletic ones, able to lift big axes or greatswords and able to duel / compete with men on the battlefield with weapons. far from the usual concept of women ain't able to beat a man's ass.

so, i took the basis out of eagle no marine, and also, red sonja, two character i like very much, and i artistically tried to interprete / conceptualise a medieval eagle armor, including feathers there and there in the metallic parts, and wings in the shoulders, also trying to make something more medieval out of her usual mask / trying to attach it together with the upper part, it still needs some work before i'm happy with the final look of the armor but i think it's a good start :

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    attempt at portraying :

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No one care nor help nor give advice nor teach anything around here, guess it's time to just leave this place as it is for what it is.

Goodbye and, thanks for the "great" deep nothing.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.