What would you do without Facebook? - Page 3
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What would you do without Facebook?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i post on a female classmate's wall, "hey so did you decide to major in engineering?"
    i later see that her wall disappeared.

~*the artistic journey is like giving birth, its gonna hurt and you know you suck but you cant give up because there is no such thing as "giving up" in childbirth*~
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I kinda like facebook though, in the sense that they're always there on your list, on your wall, and there's always a chance to reconnect with old friends or just familiar people. I've made a few new and close friends just by saying happy birthday and going from there.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBobo View Post
    Remember the good ol' days when we didn't care about social media and didn't own cell phones? We had people call our houses and spent all day not worrying about texting. So, if Facebook suddenly vanished, would you go nuts considering it basically rules the world now?
    You mean today, tomorrow, and any day after that? I didn't realize that every person has to twat about what they're doing.

tl;dr: I don't hardly text or "social media".

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by trout mix View Post
    You mean today, tomorrow, and any day after that? I didn't realize that every person has to twat about what they're doing.

tl;dr: I don't hardly text or "social media".
    Do you want a cookie for that?

My SkEtChBoOk

[URL="www.wftogame.com
    [/URL]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wait, Facebook reminds you of birthdays? I might need an account non the less, in this case. I keep forgetting mine. d:

Elwell is offline Sticks Like Grim Death Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,666 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by stragan View Post
    i post on a female classmate's wall, "hey so did you decide to major in engineering?"
    i later see that her wall disappeared.
    Hope she didn't major in engineering if she couldn't even keep a wall up.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Elwell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwell View Post
    Hope she didn't major in engineering if she couldn't even keep a wall up.
    lol thats so PUNNY

~*the artistic journey is like giving birth, its gonna hurt and you know you suck but you cant give up because there is no such thing as "giving up" in childbirth*~

Wooly ESS is offline personal reinventor and observer of life Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am a newcomer to the world of Facebook, and have found it as addictive as just about everything else on the internet. You get rewarded when you log on, but just not EVERYTIME you log on. Psychologists call it "variable ratio reinforcement". It is why slot machines work.

Could I get along without it? Obviously, yes. I lived most of my life without it, and could do so again.

As far as reconnecting with old college friends and high school chums, I have not had much success. Most (those that are still alive) still write on their walls with hammers and chisel.

The truth will set you free,
    but first it's gonna piss you off!

Website
    www.ceandersonart.com

Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Ed-...47726545290769

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,371 Times in 3,593 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Most of my old school mates on FB took Mills and Boon as a template - became nurses and married a doctor. Makes me giggle a lot.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    if facebook ceased to exist, id probably find something else... IRC, forums, MSN ect... all social media ive been playing with since i was 14. There is always going to be social media, its been around for many years, just because non geeks and such are getting into now makes it dire for some people.

-DM

My limited but growing Sketchbook

SSG - Sketchpot-Flying Radishes
    AnthonyV Asatira Hala KT Reutte

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,371 Times in 3,593 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I've never understood the fascination with Social Networks - I'm a member of tons of them: Bebo, Livejournal, Journalfen, MySpace (I think I'm now 105 there), FB, now Google+. Bebo is for Welsh Rugby, LJ has it amusing bits or my-life-is-worse-than-yours-so-I-can't-feel-bad, JF for snark and mocking, FB to keep an eye on my eldest at uni. Not sure what role Google+ is going to have yet.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Spot View Post
    I've never understood the fascination with Social Networks - I'm a member of tons of them: Bebo, Livejournal, Journalfen, MySpace (I think I'm now 105 there), FB, now Google+. Bebo is for Welsh Rugby, LJ has it amusing bits or my-life-is-worse-than-yours-so-I-can't-feel-bad, JF for snark and mocking, FB to keep an eye on my eldest at uni. Not sure what role Google+ is going to have yet.
    I think it's the fascination with two things. Seeing the number of friends and who comments on your stuff. Actually getting in touch with someone from gradeschool is cool for about five minutes, then it's back to the numbers and comments game.

My SkEtChBoOk

[URL="www.wftogame.com
    [/URL]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't even have facebook... yet.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,425 Times in 625 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    never had, and never will have a facebook account. sooooo I think that means I will go on as normal

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd say I could do without it. I just mainly use FB for chatting and that because a lot of the people I would talk to on msn don't go there anymore. Sometimes I talk to someone on FB and msn at the same time. I don't care much for the rest of it aside from the occasional profile lurkings.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Honestly facebook to me for a period there seem like a spam tool in many many ways, a way of getting noticed so speak, which in turn generates a bit of negativity... however then it has other uses, like when you lose or destroy your phone, its been a life saver sometimes ... So for me maybe it would have some impact if it went down

"Take credit for anything embedded in the edit as long as you ment it when you said It"

Sketchbook <-nsfw|Deviantart | Website

Thanks
    Thanked 1,329 Times in 271 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I don't mind Facebook but I wouldn't go bonkers if it were gone the next day. The red notification alerts make me feel loved

blazinwolf is offline Cristina Bencina / Illustrator & Concept Artist Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like facebook.

It's so convenient to get together with people on it. I personally am not a fan of talking on phones, so it's much easier for me to send a message and decide when to hang out with other people. It's also nice for sharing photos. And an easy way to stay in touch with connections!

I used to be anti-cell phone, but since I've gotten a smart phone I love it. I have no texting on it, and I never call anyone. I just like having the internet in my pocket.

Get connected! Follow me below!
    Art Blog | CGHub | deviantART |Facebook Fan Page
    I'm available for freelance work. Please email me. My email can be found on my blog.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I got a facebook just to contact my friends at college and I barely log in anyways, as soon as I'm done with college I'll pretty much delete my account lol I don't really care that much about it.

Please, check my SKETCHBOOK and leave feedback. I want to improve!
    "Little by little, one travels far."
    - J. R. R. Tolkien
    -----
    Don't forget to check their sketchbooks as well:
    Aragah

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by olivercartwright View Post
    I work as a full time designer primarily online and based in Asia.

I don't own a cell phone
    I don't have a Facebook account, or any other social networking garbage..........................................
    To be quite honest, it's all over hyped. Facebook is only good for posting stuff up like "I got totally drunk last night". Nobody cares or comments on anything constructive...................................... ...........................
    You only have to look at anything mainstream today. Nothing has substance anymore, it's just about over the top marketing, annoying sounds and awful design.
    www.olivercartwright.com
    I used to think along these same lines, then it became to mainstream.... And to be quite honest its all over hyped

("I got totally drunk last night". Nobody cares or comments on anything constructive) Do your self a favor ditch the stuff in your social media that drags you down and makes you think along these lines, surround your self with interesting contacts that are going places, doing things, and actually worth getting on the internet to check out. Instead of complaining how your social media is mainstream, and therefore useless. your social network is just a reflection of yourself don't be useless and please for the love of god don't be hipster > Mainstream < really ?

~You should never doubt what nobody is sure about~

Demo's Digital Damsels

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would most likely be outside.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mmm, I think I can live without facebook. I think my mind would actually kind off like it. Then I wouldn't have the feeling that I have to check it regularly. I'm not super social so I don't really feel much for it to have contact with my friends all time through facebook. I actually primarily use it to share my "art" with my friends and family

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.