"Concept" practice, and some "coloring" help

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

On this, I didn't care really much on anatomy, but what I really wanted it's to "send a message" with it, so, I think colors take a lot of importance here. Also shadows are pretty ugly, so, if you want to make some advices or such, just, do it

And, with this, idk let me know what you think about it, I'm not very happy with anatomy, and also colors, are... mm I really don't know but I still don't like it.

First of that, Sorry for my english (I'm from Uruguay, and I speak like I can)
    And second, thanks for those who cares on this and take the time to comment (:

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Egg0,

So I like the first one. I think the message is clear...well clear down to a few guesses anyway. I love the wallpaper pattern. I happen to be of the mind that leaving large areas in shadow can be a great idea for composition. This is one example I always remember when people tell me that my characters are too much in shadow: http://www.daheshmuseum.org/museumsh...755_detail.jpg This was a count of monte cristo image by Mead Schaeffer.

But you need to make it look like a natural and believable shadow. Your shadows look more like someone is looking through a keyhole at the girl. You used the render light filter didnt you? I actually like that filter but use it as a soft light layer and mess with the opacity so its not overwhelming.

The girl seems to be falling over too--what's up with that? And what's in her hand?

Ok and your girl looks to be immune to light and shadow. Her dress' entirety falls in the value range of 3-4. Get some reference if you need it.

I'll let someone else crit the lower image.

Good kuck

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Artfix
    Really thanks mate! I totally agree with you on that, I didn't use any filter, I don't use them almost never, on "this kind" of composition (I mean, in paintings). But is true what you say, maybe I have to blend more the girl with the "environment". I'll look more references and such, and I'll try to paint this again in a few days.

Again, Really thanks man!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.