Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,435 Times in 2,935 Posts

CONGRATULATIONS to the conceptart.org community!!! non profit org status!

I want to congratulate the community, pros and moderators here at conceptart.org. The dream of setting the site up as a non-profit organization with goals of developing the strongest art community possible as well as helping further art education worldwide is nearly here.

We will have Non-Profit Organization status which means that we can better serve the community by working with the corporations we support in order to reach our goals.

The name of the non profit organization is currently The Digital and Traditional Art Foundation. We will be electing a board of directors to
    run day to day operations and oversee financial aspects for the community.

I spoke of offering scholarships and having better and better contests and education programs here for the community a while back. We are now that much closer. These workshops make this kind of stuff happen.

Once everything is final we will announce the goals for the foundation and what our plans are for the organization. Life is good.

We can not thank you enough for your participation here on the site and in the community. We stand stronger now than ever before. It is nothing here without all of us. Thank you.

Jason Manley
    conceptart.org

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    :o

Congratulations! I think it's wonderful that your dreams for this site are coming to fruition. I bet that feels damn good! I also think it's wonderful that your dream is something that has reached out and helped so many people.

This is a great community and I look forward to seeing it continue to grow.
    "Every generation sees the past though the lens of its own time." - Thom Hartmann

Thanks
    Thanked 11,435 Times in 2,935 Posts
    thanks

the new site is nearing completion. final designs are being finalized by a great designer and member of the site (hardcorepixxx) and we have just about everything together to get it up here on the net. we are going to have a full artist spotlight and daily news area as well as other unique features. imagine cgchannel or cgnetworks but instead of having it about all sorts of stuff going on elsewhere it is all about the artists and the great things happening inside this community. We are making a window for the rest of the world to see what it is that everyone does so well here.

It is going to be awesome! getting close....lots of hard work to get this far...more to go to get there.

J

Thanks
    *applauds*
    That's fantastic, I'm definitely in awe.
    It's great to see hard work pay off and dreams becoming reality.
    There is a crack, a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in...

Thanks
    BRAVO!

Thanks

Thumbs up

We thank you guys so much(Founders).

Jason and Andrew we love you guys and what you do.

Along with Art College, in the two years I have been active on this site it has played a key role in my development as an artist. From inspiration to drive the people of this great site have brought so much more life to me. It is a debt I owe and will repay.

thank you all,

-Joshua

p.s. My brand NEW site will be up vvvvvery soon. I am so excited.

Thanks
    i posted this in a previous thread, but i feel it is appropriate for this as well...

Thanks Coro, Manley, Marko, Android, Puddn' and all

although I wasn't there at the workshop (god knows I would have done anything to attend) I felt as though I was right there with you, learning and growing as an artist.
    I just want to thank you. thank you for spreading you passion and love for art. it is infecting me like a disease (i'm sure the same goes for others as well) I have learned more just from reading threads on this forum and studying the artwork posted here (and the old masters as well) than i did in any art class i have taken. I feel my art has grown in leaps and bounds in the past 8 months thanks to everyone here. It's really an honor to have people like you in the industry helping us all out to acheive our goals no matter how big or small they may be. basically I just want to take the time to let you know i am honored and proud be to a member of this forum, and that if it weren't for you guys (all of CA) i'd be wandering around aimlessly through life. thank you!!!
    I am anxious to hear more about the austin workshop (if that is still in planning) as I'd love to attend.
    many thanks!

regards
    -geoff

Thanks
    Yeah, CA is definitely the best thing thats happened to me art wise.

Rock on! *makes hardcore symbol with fingers*

Thanks
    That's really awesome. Makes me even more proud to be a part of the community. I've done a bunch of little stuff for non-profit groups and I'd consider this to be a more righteous organization than them.

Thanks
    Originally posted by JOSHUATHEJAMES
    Along with Art College, in the two years I have been active on this site it has played a key role in my development as an artist. From inspiration to drive the people of this great site have brought so much more life to me. It is a debt I owe and will repay.
    Joshua said it. I have grown so much because of this site. I would probably be stuck with the knowledge that has been taught to me, but because of CA and the members I have grown so much. Thanks Andrew and Jason.

A funny thing happened to me today, I went back to my old community college and sat in on some fig. drawing classes. A guy came up to me and asked me some questions, but at the end of the conversation, he asked me "are you I.was.ink?" It felt so cool to know that theres people from all over the place that know about CA. (Thanks for portrait u did of me Andrew, I wouldn't have gotten recognized any other way).

I'm so excited for ca and its growth. Once again I thank you all!

-Oskar
    -http://iwasink.com/-
    DS Illustration
    "Get reference.
    There is nothing wrong with using a photo to help you see things.
    No one complains about life drawing,
    so take a photo.
    its easy, and will improve your piece greatly."

Thanks
    Jason and the rest..

Congratualtions....i read the article with your interview at CGChannel and read your hopes and dreams for CA.org...

I'm glad you stuck with this dream...
    You guys have helped me grow as an artist and want to strive for excellence...

Thanks and much love

bRyaN

Thanks
    Fantastic is all I can say, I feel like I'm witness to the start of something big... and that's saying a lot, considering how great this community is already.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    As far as being the best art community online, you guys nailed that mark a long time ago. It's great when artists, both aspiring and professional get together and learn from eachother. A lot of forums boast about that, but you guys took it a lightyear further. Aside from the educational and professional aspects, there is real incentive for everyone here to do what they do. The promise of good inteligent advice for the serious student that we have here is something that I for one don't get anywhere else. Even the art department at USM falls short of CA's direction and push towards the self-realization of one's own style and skill development. In addition seeing all of the great stuff that's presented so often and being able to actually interact with the artist who made it makes me love what I do all the more and want to work even harder to get somewhere with it. And I'm sure that I don't have to tell people here how frustrating it can be at times.

...One thing that's for sure is that I love being able to boast that I was here since day 1. I think a bunch of us were chatting over on the TeamGT IRC channel when someone first gave us the link to CA...Little did we know...
    Last edited by N D Hill; April 28th, 2004 at 12:15 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 291 Posts
    thanks goes to you guys. you all made this happen. this site has far exceeded my wildest dreams of what it could become, and it has been probably the highest honor of my career to have been a part of it from the beginning, learning, growing and sharing what i know with my fellow artist friends. its been phenominal, and i look forward to seeing what it becomes. bravo to you conceptart community!-c36

Thanks
    I might not be as well known as some here although I am a regular, but I too feel this site has affected my work and my ethic to make my work better. The inspiration here is amazing!

Congratulations on seeing that your plans are coming close to fruition!

-toasty =D

Thanks
    what's most awesome about about this community is that it proves over and over and over again that there's no limit to progress, innovation and inspiration.

:chug: cheers to everyone! especially those making it all happen in terms of organization....participation is important.....but we've all got life debts to you guys for giving us something so great to participate IN!

...like cotron said, it's truly a blessing to be witness to all of this.

-Rob
    My Sketchbook
    Encouragement keeps me swimming , even in the undertow of disappointment.

Thanks
    Congratulations!
    And thanks for doing possible conceptart.org to be part of our lifes, inspire and push us all every day as artist
    sincerely THANK YOU!
    Jaku

Thanks
    i like when Mr Manley, android or Coro says "thanks", thanks for what men, all the pleasure is for us, Conceptart is really the better art community i know, really... you guys are pro artists, always inspirate but the most important is that you really inspirate us, i'm not the first saying u that (i will certainly not be the last too !) but thx guys for all you gives for unknown people...
    cheers, forge.

(sorry for my english, too tired to pay attention on that now...)
    I'm a manky artist, don't mess with me

Thanks
    There is no other way to put this: THANK YOU so much, this site and its members has truely helped me develope in any way I can imagine, (especially in the art section) and it really drove me so far, and hopefully will do more of that in the future. Without it id be no where near were i am today. Thank you everyone.
    Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Thanks
    that is awsome news! i cant wait to see what going to happen down the road!
    this community has helped me more in the last 8 months than anything else ive ever been apart of, and for that im exTREMELY greatful to everyone that makes this place possible, thanks so much guys!:chug:
    -------
    I wont fail now

Thanks
    that indeed is great news. one step closer to world domination :evilbat: (think about it for a moment.. a world regime compromised of artists - sounds like a fun idea)

nah, seriously, i have to thank you dudes, for founding this site and forum. i think i learned more in the time i was registered here than ever before - not to speak about what visiting the prague workshop will certainly do

*pats the admin crew on back*
    :chug:

Thanks
    This sounds really great. I can see thats it's going to be a big help to up-and-coming artists.

:chug: :chug:
    Don't just practice. Also Practice the right things, the right way.

Thanks
    Congratulations and thanks... this is the single most inspiring address on the web.

Thanks
    I have to add my heap of thanks, too; this community reawakened my artistry and has literally saved me from turning into an accountant (my day job).

I feel a little pompous saying it out loud, but I think CA has the potential to as important to art history as any art movement or school of artists.
    bee-dubya-keo
    neo•keo sketchbook
    http://keo-art.blogspot.com/
    http://brendankeough.com/

East meets West sketchbooks:
    Helzon - R.I.P. Redehlert Undertow Sartell BDFoster Anticonnor

Thanks
    Congrats and thanks for the best site on the net!
    Vision without action is a daydream, Action without vision is a nightmare.

Thanks
    Originally posted by bwkeough

I feel a little pompous saying it out loud, but I think CA has the potential to as important to art history as any art movement or school of artists.
    wow.. hes gotta point, may seem a bit far fetched but it could get there one day... steps towards it are certainly being made.
    Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Thanks
    Wow, this is excellent! I can't wait for this site to grow, its been dear to me for just over a year now, and if it wasn't for conceptart.org, I would never have been exposed the Illustration/Concept Art let alone some of the amazing artists on this board. Great to see things moving quicking in a positive direction.

Can't wait for the new site!! Keep it up mods and founders, your doing an excellent job!
    Pencils before Pixels....in theory..
    savii - the sketchbook

Thanks
    I started to draw 2 years ago.
    My first teachers were Jason Manley and Andrew Jones - currently my friend and my brother. Two weeks ago we've met in real life for the first time (in Romania).
    My other teachers were Jon Foster, Coro, and the list goes on.
    Now i have about 9300 teachers & friends from allover the world, all in a single place.
    CA is a wonderfull place - a place i visit every day. - all who had the privilege to realy discover it, all who love art, know already.
    People make this place so cool.
    Thank you all.

Oblio

Thanks
    wow just wow..:-)

i love this place...:starts crying:
    No man should be less than what he is.
    sketchbook- http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=61756

Thanks
    everything has already been said, but i just saw this and had to add my piece. ive been here since the beginning too, although i may not post much, ca.org has been a part of my life for a long time, and i cant wait to see what happens next, im sure its only going to get better. i never would have seriously considered an art career without this site, so that makes it pretty friggin awesome in my books.
    wish i could meet you guys in austin.
    ...so what if i'm bored, and ordinary?...

currently playing: Super Mario 64 DS, ICO (grrrr....)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast