Thanks
    Thanked 1,425 Times in 625 Posts

Exclamation The Big Thread O`Music

Hey havent seen this around and I think music would deserve its own thread so this it. I am interested in hearing what you hear, just post it. I am always in search for new bands, new genres and whatnot. So Ill begin with what I like and would be honoured if some of you join in and share the music you like ^^

so much for my first post ^^ exited to hear from you !

so long
    Seb

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 686 Posts
    We live on two different planets my friend. What I listen to would NOT even be on your radar.
    "Everything must serve the idea. The means used to convey the idea should be the simplest and clear. Just what is required. No extra images. To me this is a universal principle of art. Saying as much as possible with a minimum of means."
    -John Huston, Director

Thanks
    that is exactly the point ! ^^ And I would be glad if you could share some good stuff from you musical-sphere ^^ because I would probably never listen as long as needed to find something good in most other music genres evne though I do listen to many other genres ...the thing is I know my ropes when it comes to metal but the rest I am more or less just a visitor to BUT I want to know more about other genres ^^ so go on ( if you find the time ^^ ) and share your stuff with me !

so long
    Seb

Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 723 Posts
    Dude there is no way in hell I'm gonna listen to all those. Skipping them all. Better off to just post a single song you really like and let others post theirs.

Anyways, been addicted to Nadia Oh recently. Fairly sure she'll go right over most people's heads, but here she is anyways:

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Barker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    You should pay more attention then if you haven't seen this around..

What are you currently listening to?

Soundtrack of your life

Last edited by Demo; July 12th, 2011 at 11:41 PM.
    -Demo-
    -Sketch Book Updated Sporadically-
    My Blog
    Tumbler & Wookmark (finished pieces and Cool stuff I find)
    -Facebook(always on but never post)-

If you see me on FB, or CA Talk to me, never to busy to talk and love to hear from you, chat me up about anything (Music, Games, art, ect)
    If anyone is interested in streams or hangouts let me know!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Demo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,121 Times in 870 Posts
    There's a whole forum for this, by the way: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54

Go through the now playing thread and see what people are listening to.

I like Absu and Windir. You'd probably really like Immortal, but you already know them, I'm sure. And Enslaved, for sure! Enslaved are really one of my top metal bands, but they're epic black/viking metal so they'd certainly be up your alley (especially their earlier stuff.) Some other bands you'd probably like are - black(ish) metal: Moonsorrow, Diabolical Masquerade, (earlier) Negura Bunget, Dissection (but you know them already, probably,) and Watain, and death metal - Edge of Sanity, At the Gates, (early) Dark Tranquility, and probably Opeth as well.

As for what I've been listening to, I haven't touched metal in a really, really long time. I've been listening to mostly psych-pop, especially Syd Barrett's music. Syd is my new celebrity obsession haha.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldJake666 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Kobryn View Post
    There's a whole forum for this, by the way: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54

Go through the now playing thread and see what people are listening to.

I like Absu and Windir. You'd probably really like Immortal, but you already know them, I'm sure. And Enslaved, for sure! Enslaved are really one of my top metal bands, but they're epic black/viking metal so they'd certainly be up your alley (especially their earlier stuff.) Some other bands you'd probably like are - black(ish) metal: Moonsorrow, Diabolical Masquerade, (earlier) Negura Bunget, Dissection (but you know them already, probably,) and Watain, and death metal - Edge of Sanity, At the Gates, (early) Dark Tranquility, and probably Opeth as well.
    SHIT ! I didnt knew about that forum that makes this whole thread obsolete -.- , sorry. (also @Demo) ...i dont usually browse this part of the forum much, sorry again

and yeah I know 90 % of the bands but Diabolical Masquerade and Negura Bunget are new to me ^^ so thank you for that !

Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 723 Posts

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Barker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Some tracks that I've been listening to recently. Electronic, hip hop, indie, rock etc.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Eldritch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Something off the beaten track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK7lNkkVMp8

Hmm, can't work out how to show a little image for the video...

Thanks
    btw going to contact elwell to close this thread, for obvious reasons ^^ so that this whole music thing want get spread over three different threads ! sorry again ! an btw blogmatix if you want to embed a youtube video use just the numeral code in this case "vK7lNkkVMp8" and put it in between (yt) (/yt) ( use [] instead of () )