Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.
Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!
My first finnished and painted model.
Around 11xm lonng. I used an air drying clay for this, (because it was cheap ^^) and started from the middle. I had a side photo of a skull as a start and went into one direction - because I didnt fix it on a wire, so it had to lay on the table. XD
I used wire in the horns and in tha jaw, which is a single piece. You can detach it, but it actually fits that well into the skull that you can move the jaw, lift the model and it still doesnt fall off.
Painted with acrylics, burnt umber, raw/burnt sienna, ultramarine blue.
I can say I am really proud of this.
Last edited by Vaejoun; July 20th, 2011 at 11:38 AM.
Looks great! Could you post a photo with a ruler or something as a scale reference? You have every reason to be proud.
@Thagomizer: I tried out your paper method for skulls.
Tricky to get the 3d shape right, but it worked out nicely for the first shot.
Didnt have a good front view of the skull though, I just had to make a drawing myself and guess. ^^
Should be 1:10, if the data is correct that the skull is ~75 cm long.
Very cool! I've not really done this sort of thing as a finished piece but used it as a study aide or stepping stone to a more "finished" skull or flesh restoration. Well done.
@Thagomizer: Thanks again.
I made another step and finnished my first complete model of a dinosaur, using your papertechique again. That was a challenge.
Though I am not confident enough to go down to a 1m dinosaur in a 1:10 scale (anything below 1m should barely be possible to do)
I picked a Deinonychus antirrhopus. Simmilar to a Velociraptor but bigger. (~3m)
Here the WIP. I still have to make a podest or something for him to stand on, than I will post pictures of the finnished model.
Looking good! I hope you can post some photos of the finished skeleton.
My only criticism is the orientation of the hands. I think the palms should face inwards rather than downwards.
Keep up the good work!