Thanks

Viruses in CA.org?

When I entered the site my anti virus software (F-Secure) detected a virus called Backdoor.ago or something like that. I didn't know whom to e-mail so I decided to post here. I hope someone looks into the matter.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I calmed down () and did a Google searc for more information about the virus:

"Backdoor.Agobot.3

This is a classical backdoor and allows a 'master' to control the victim machine remotely by sending commnads via IRC channels.

Installation
    Agobot copies itself into the Windows directory under random names and then registers itself in the system registry auto-run keys:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\RunServices]
    Manifestations
    Agobot connects to various IRC servers opening channels identified in the body of the worm. It is then ready to receive commands from the 'master', who can now download and launch files on the victim machine, scan other computers for vulnerabilities and install itself on these vulnerable machines."

I don't use IRC so would that virus affect me in any way? Does anybody know how I might have got it?

Edit: the message appeared again! What is happening?:confused:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.