COMIC BOOK CONCEPTS. Updated!!!!
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: COMIC BOOK CONCEPTS. Updated!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

COMIC BOOK CONCEPTS. Updated!!!!

heres some new stuff of late..... my art teach wants me to draw a couple of pages.... here are some characters i was playing with......sorry for awful quality.

heres my first attempt at a comic book page.... its for an art class....any suggestions? c&c needed please

well here it is inked. the scan didnt turn out as well i thought it would, but didnt have time to fix it. you still get the idea though i guess. oh by the way, this is my first ink too..... still learning as a go.... please crit, need the help. hopefully i can the the color version soon too. ( or if anyone still wants to color it, be my guest!!!!

assassin....

some character ideas....

Last edited by Belligergerum; April 30th, 2004 at 03:46 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I dig these you've got some great design..think you should work on perspective a bit though and maybe some anatomy.. are you gonna ink these?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks a lot.... as far as perspective i really dont understand what you mean ( ive never been in an art class besides those dumb high school art classes where you dont learn much ) but i think your right about anatomy... ive been working on anatomy lately. still not great, but gettting there. and to answer your question, ill ink them if i can get around to it.... oh and by the way, if anyone wants to color the assasin.... be my guest!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd like to see a larger pic of the second one, can't really make out stuff very well. As for the first one, I quite like it. Not to rigid, nice weight. But, as always, keep practicing anatomy, it may get boring, but its well worth it.

Keep it up man.

Pencils before Pixels....in theory..
    savii - the sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    all things considered, how do you think my art looks? i havent taken any classes (besides high school art WOOT!) never done anatomy studies, or character studies, i just dunno where to start with that. am i on the right track?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the thing I was thinking about when I said perspective are the arms on the assasin..there is no depth in it so the arms look flat and one looks like it's coming out of his stomach..:p but some shading or somethin would help this I think! keep workin

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm gonna guess that you have trouble drawing faces. Because every character has a mask that completely covers it, or has a totally inhuman face. You must work on that.

Ditto on the foreshortening and anatmoy issues.

Stylewise, it's pretty good. You've done some research on costume choices, which is good. A good artist always gets his refs. Keep drawing, you've got real potential.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah you got it..... im not the best at drawing faces.... not horrible but i dont really have a great nack for it yet.. can anyone help me with some tips on drawing faces.... also could i get some tips for drawing proportional heads.. thanks a ton! must keeeeep drawing......

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.