C.O.W. #220 ,Furious Tiny Terror. Wips thread - Page 2
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: C.O.W. #220 ,Furious Tiny Terror. Wips thread

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Zimzibar: Thanks a million on the compliment towards my work. It means a lot to me and you really made my day man. I've been on here for years and recieve little to no recognition on my work. Thanx again man! =) Looking to see more progress on your work as well. I thought it was looking good and the teeth thing was funny =) Cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

No problem Lege1! Your sketch was very attention grabbing keep posting and improving, as i hope to do, and you will get recognition for your efforts. Never give up!

My Sketchbook Please feel free to stop by and crit/comment!

My Blog!

My Deviantart

Painty paint paint

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zimzibar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

It's still looking kinda flat, but I think it's almost done. I just need to touch up on lighting and do a quick background. Maybe up the contrast.

OsirisLord55 Sorry dude, I missed you out last time. I think you might want to check the proportions and perspective of the little guy's legs. I don't think theres much foreshortening going on there. It's a great design though, I think it'll look really good

Dragonfrog You should keep the tail long like in the sketch, it would make it look less flat. I feel like the hind-right leg should be a bit further apart from it's other hind leg. I like it that you've added a hand to the composition; it definitely makes it look like a small creature, something a lot of other people's submissions I find aren't doing (sadly, mine included D

Kingkostas I'm so grateful for your help, it's really helped me out so much. Your paint-over is so good, I can't even hope to compete ;D

Zimzibar Looking really good so far, I don't think there's anything I can really find that's wrong with it. Good jawb. Jump-legs face-stab? Love it.

Charanty Looking pretty cool, but I don't really get it. How does it work? I think the lighting is coming from the wrong direction just at the lower end of the loop. Nevertheless, I'm pretty interested to where you're taking this.

EDIT: Zimzibar, in my mind, it's either strutting or moonwalking. But that's just me. It probably kinda creeps like a crab or spider.

Last edited by Taiski; July 11th, 2011 at 06:11 PM.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Taiski For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work everyone.

Diggin your work Taiski! I'll try to make some more comments on others later.

This'll be my first CoW if I finish...have a habit of not pushing to finish.

I was researching dangerous small animals and discovered a couple of poisonous birds. I thought that was interesting, so I tried to do a hummingbird inspired poison bird. Figured it's small, fast and the beak can kinda act like a stinger.

Just a wip:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Such lovely designs so far! Don't see many mammalian based critters so I thought I'd try one. Ended up looking more like a rat than I had planned. Will be adding colors this evening but I'd like any suggestions on anatomy. Back legs are supposed to be much longer than the front to allow for good jumping ability, so I guess keep that in mind? xD

Hope I'm not getting into this too late. gah

Thanks
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 387 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys, here's my final. My photoshop's on the fritz and I hate saving jpegs in Painter. Hope it's not too dark. My apologies for not sharing wips as I just started this last night. Description to come in the finals. Can you see the elephant?

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Check it out
    Blog, we've all got em:http://davesrightmind.blogspot.com/
    Creatures Galore!:www.creaturespot.com
    Full gallery o' stuff:davesrightmind.deviantart.com

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scorge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Scorge: Great to see you on here =) Very nice entry!

Last edited by Lege1; July 12th, 2011 at 01:13 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lege1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's my final guys and gals. Hope you like =) I will have my topic description typed out in the finals

....also here is my Blogspot where I post some interesting stuff....hope you likes as well =)
    http://legend0187.blogspot.com/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Think shrimp, ant, sea ear wig, plus that creepy thing in the amazon that swims up your peter and hangs out, except this preys on fish gills and loves to get in the blow hole of dolphins and whales as well as the valves of squids and octopus.
    This second one actually was an after thought a mere-cat +mouse with a stinger+horns for headbutts, but it def looks like a creature fit for a Dungeons and dragon swarm.

Last edited by Soulbishop; July 12th, 2011 at 01:47 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work guys! No updates for me as i have been busy but i think mine was pretty much there anyway. I decided against adding teeth as i think the mouth looks more like a beak anyway so it can rip things up with the sharp edges. Just gotta submit it tonight - my first ever entry, eeee!

Taiski - still love yours, and i can really imagine itīs movement now i see it moonwalking around hehe brilliant.

eekolite - I like the idea behind yours and the devious expression he has. Iīm thinking perhaps the beak is a little narrow and not sure what is on the top of his head but i assume as itīs a wip it will be different feathers? Looking good anyway!

smackdagger - He definitely looks vicious! I would suggest making the back legs a bit more muscley and maybe enlarging his back paws too to give him something solid to push off from when heīs jumping. He looks a bit ferrety, i like

scorge - Wow, they look fierce, i think out of the entries so far these are the most terrifying. No crits really, looks ace

Lege1 - your final colours really bring to mind venom and danger, good choice with those. The tongue is my favourite part you can almost hear the acid sizzling

Soulbishop - i like the idea of an aquatic parasite, very believable. Look forward to seeing more if you develop this one

My Sketchbook Please feel free to stop by and crit/comment!

My Blog!

My Deviantart

Painty paint paint

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zimzibar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    might run out of time

scorpion ratasorous

Name:  ratmonsterrage1.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  151.7 KB

yip i'm sure i'll run out of time again, started to late. F***! thats the third c.o.w i'm gonna miss in a row

heres a little more that i did tonite, or early morning in the usa, europe etc . . .
    Name:  ratmonsterrage2.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  169.1 KB

Last edited by AdrianNagorski; July 12th, 2011 at 08:36 AM.

Rob Powell is online now ...he draws aliens and doesn't afraid of anything...
    Level 8 Gladiator: Thracian
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,592 Times in 587 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    @Zimzibar: Looks neat. The arm that stuck into the ground seems a bit out of proportion atm. I think it would look better without teeth.

@Charanty: Still trying to figure this one out actually. What does it do, how does it do it? How is this a deadly creature? The rendering looks decent but atm I don't really see any sort of creature in your design yet.

@Taiski: It's coming along. I'd like to see this guy in action actually.

@eekolite: A humming bird's not a bad idea, but try to make sure the design doesn't completely leans towards humming bird. Some parts are looking a bit out of perspective, such as it's beak.

@smackdagger: Well definitely add something to your current design, because it does look too rat like.

@scorge: Awsome stuff dude! You've already got my vote!

@Lege1: Looks cool, so far dude! Will post a more detailed crit after voting starts! Just don't be afraid to change anything if you feel it needs to be changed.

@Soulbishop: The Candiru. Def makes me shudder, and avoid peeing in the amazon river. Such qualities would make this little guy send you running, err.. swimming...

@AdrianNagorski: As stated before with smackdagger, try to add some more features becasue there is too much of a rat like design going on. I'd also recommend cleaning up your linework before rendering so it looks a little neater.

Here's my creature so far. Colours do seem a bit bright but well see how this turns out.
    Name:  Furious Tiny Terror Jaws copy.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  87.7 KB

Art is not about competing against others and being better than everyone else, but it is about competing against yourself and discovering your greatest potential!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rob Powell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Rob Powell: Thanx much man, I definitely see something that needs to be changed =) I will update soon.....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @AdrianNagorski: I'd be totally terrified of a masturbating rat with such a large appendage

^^ Just poking the fun a bit, but it does kind of look like that.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to chewy dragee For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WIP

Allot of interesting ideas and cool concepts from everyone. ^.^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gotta finish this today.
    Gotta finish this today.
    I Gotta finish this today.

I'll be away tomorrow, so i'll get as far as I can. This is what I have so far.
    Oh, and I took your guy's advice. Thanks for all the feedback and tips!:

I guess the point here is that he mixes a chemical with his blood to make a lethal and/or paralyzing poison or something.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright, I'm back! A little late, but here!

My concept is the 'Zombie Bird'. I'm assuming that something happened to the bugs in the forest. The poor woodpeckers had no protein, so they began preying on dead animals. The way the woodpecker's beak is designed made it perfect for hammering through skulls to get at the brains inside. Like vultures, they lost the feathers on their heads to keep the muck off of their faces. Eventually, they moved on to live animals, developing protrusions that helped them grip onto their victims, as their thin legs were very vulnerable. Their powerful hammering beaks along with their razor sharp claws, and the ragged protrusions, ability to fly along with their speed, all make the Zombie bird a formidable pest.

I wanted something small that could take down something large without poison and by itself. I figured a sharp beak in the brain would do that! Still not sure on my colors, I figured I'd finish off the details and designs before I added colours.

I wish I could come up with more exotic looking creatures, and more interesting poses and angles.... Hmm.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Blitzanger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't know if I'll have time to finish tonight, but my concept is a pirahna like fish that has a venomous sting like a scorpion and has evolved to breath both air and water making it a deadly small predetor on land or in water.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Rob Powell: thanks for the comment and yeah i was going to add another tail wrapped around the pinky, i found that my pencil lines are more of a guide + value guide to me so i like keeping then to the end, i noticed you work with very cleaned up lines then add value then color, i found working backwards for me personally is easier and more fun.

chewy dragee: LOL i did notice that but it was totally unintended!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Seems like I'm not gonna make it in time, however it've been a very enlightening, at least about my own skills

Will be following you guys, and will bother you some more as soon as I've worked on my speed and color.

@Rob Powell
    Thanks for the feedback

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    totally ran out of time but here is where i was going with the ratasour

as you can see the colors arent to great rendering aint up to scratch I totally botched it. hopefully i can do next weeks challenge!!!
    Name:  ratmonsterrage4.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  317.4 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

cow

I finished this dude up a bit. I guess I post it here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @jrbarker, nice one man. It's looking much better, you shoulda finished it sooner! ):
    Gotta say though, it's looking kinda like a squirtle. A frickin' badass squirtle.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Taiski For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ha, yeah he does look a little like Squirtle, you're right. I knew it looked familiar. I was trying to avoid it looking like an insane Koopa Troopa with that shell, but I wasn't happy with the earlier version.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Also JR, thanks for the thanks . I really liked it, so that's why I voted for it. That's how contests work, no?

Sorry, I can't PM back yet, I don't have enough posts X(.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Dragonfrog For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.