Art: Need help with Mecha Toy
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Need help with Mecha Toy

Hello everyone,
    So I'm in need of some help. I've been playing with the idea of creating a mech sculpt for a while now and finally have decided to try it out. I'm only now realizing that hand sculpting is probably not the best way to go about it.

I recently saw some threads mentioning 3D printing, but I have no real experience with it and can't seem to find much information on it. From what I've read, designing a 3D model and paying for a print might be the best way. However, the pictures of results I've seen are pretty rough. Not exactly what I'm looking for.

I started Google searching for tutorials with every keyword I can think of and still don't really know how to go about this. I did find something pretty close to what I want, but of course it's in Japanese lol

This is the Japanese site if anyone is curious. This is exactly the kind of finished product I'm going for. I just have no idea what he did to get there.

http://www.style-s.jp/self_ex/models...GREIFER_1.html

Anyway, if anyone can give me advice on 3D printing, the process I should take, or just generally point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I liked that link

The one in the link was made "traditionally" in the modern sense. Model board and laser cutting by the looks of it. (Beautifully done though)

With 3d printing you get what you pay for. The more you pay, the finer the layers, the crisper the detail. It will invariably need a bit of clean up though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah it looked to be traditionally done which I wouldn't mind just don't know how to do haha

Do you know is he cutting from plastic? I heard of using styrene sheets. I'm wondering if that's something he used.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dude, check out ZLuca's stuff. He uses different putties, kitbashing and plasticard.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.