IOW - Topic Suggestions - Page 4
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: IOW - Topic Suggestions

Rob Powell is offline ...he draws aliens and doesn't afraid of anything...
    Level 8 Gladiator: Thracian
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,593 Times in 588 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    a few ideas...

-Hard Rock/Metal Album Cover (something that looks like it would go with something hardcore, band does not have to exist (could be a band in the future), but the heavy metal/hard rock genre must be obvious through the symbolism in cover art)(noticed Angel Intheuk already suggested something similar, but all the better reason to use as a topic)
    -The First Encounter (depict the event of which humans first encounter life on or from another planet)
    -The Punishment (could be based on a mythilogical event such as Prometheus or Loki or something different that depicts punishment in some way)
    -The Climax (could be based on one of shakespeare's plays, or a turning point of some story, but it is an event of some major significance in some story, game, movie, w/e)

btw...just out of curiosity, when is the winner's gallery gonna be put up?

Art is not about competing against others and being better than everyone else, but it is about competing against yourself and discovering your greatest potential!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ideas noted, Rob.
    IŽll put up a winnerŽs gallery as soon as I have time

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Execution - Depict the scene just before the main event, the execution.

Rob Powell is offline ...he draws aliens and doesn't afraid of anything...
    Level 8 Gladiator: Thracian
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,593 Times in 588 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Royal Portrait
    -It is often that royalty will commission portraits of themselves to hang around their castle and living quarters. Guests in the castle may gaze upon these portraits even long after that figure's death, so that they are reminded of his/her rule of the throne at his/her time.
    Imagine that you're the artist that was commissioned to do one of these portraits of this figure of royalty. Who/Whatever this figure actually is, is up to you. It may be of any genre, including fantasy, sci-fi, or modern. Can be human, orc, alien, whatever. But be sure to keep it as a portrait showing at most the bust of this figure, meaning the head and shoulders, and their royal position must be obvious in the portrait.

Art is not about competing against others and being better than everyone else, but it is about competing against yourself and discovering your greatest potential!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How about "Fox Filter":
    Changing as little as possible factual details, depict a scene normally considered noble or heroic in a negative light.
    For example:
    1) "Heroic Knight": a greedy-looking dragon-slayer bursts into an innocent-looking dragon's home
    2) "Passive Resistance": an obstinate Gandhi stubbornly obstructing diligent civil workers
    3) "The Magical Power of Love": Harry Potter mercilessly beating down Voldemort, while rubbing in the fact that nobody loves him

My Sketchbook - All are welcome

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just a bunch of one liners, open to interpretation.

The funeral
    The tenant on 14-C/ The upstairs neighbor
    The last resort
    The secret tower
    Fallen star
    The awakening

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WAR EAGLES: An actual film that very nearly got made by MGM in the late 1930s, by the producer and animator of King Kong. It was the story of an aviator who crash lands in a lost volcanic valley in the Arctic, inhabited by dinosaurs, maiden-sacrificing ape creatures and a race of vikings who ride giant eagles. After leading the vikings into battle and defeating the ape creatures, the aviator and the eagle-riders fly to New York to defend it against invading Nazi zeppelins and bombers in an epic aerial battle around the Statue of Liberty.

I say again, vikings riding giant eagles.

Battling Nazi zeppelins.

Over the Statue of Liberty.

Sadly, after WWII broke out the project was shelved, and now only a handful of test shots and sketches remain. Even Wikipedia is strangely quiet about it. Here's a link to a book on Amazon that seems to be the best source of info on this.

Your only competition is your last painting

My DeviantArt gallery

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Grumbleputty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I got a few...

The Imposter
    Time Travel
    Lost and Found
    Baba Yaga

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How about using references to the different punk's: Mythpunk, Steampunk, Cyberpunk, Dieselpunk (Retro-sci fi's) ecc...

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 Times in 3,593 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Due to the up and down of the site over the past few months, keeping on track hasn't been easy. I know I posted a topic that had been done before and had to change it at very short notice. I now have a list of all topics done and still outstanding.

I will be updating the winners' gallery soon and will be checking that everyone has their badges.

We need to get this back on track and feel free to PM me if there are problems. Hopefully, the site will now be a lot more stable.

What I'd really like from you all is a list of styles that can be added to the mix (some have already been mentioned in this thread, but I'd like a lot more). These will be used to mix it up a bit more.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is this forum still a thing?

Has it been shuttered?

Doesn't seem like there's been any moderator action in over a month...

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the
    mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all
    science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who
    can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe,
    is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.
    -Einstein

www.wolvescomic.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't know if this is still live or not.
    I do have a suggestion though:

What I found in the jungle

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "Dancing in the flames...while the whole world burns"

a guide to life after the Badguy wins.

Description: Pick a badguy from an epic story, movie trilogy etc. Illustrate a scene in this world under this badguys regime as explained to you by an oppressed member of the society.

style: monochromatic, analogous colours.

Method: landscape scene set from any angle depicting current rule of the bad-guy and regret for the loss of the "good guys"

Deviantart: "finished" work

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    1916-The chemical weapons sprout strange new life and plagues in the mud of the trenches, a survivor witnesses the after-math

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some suggestions to try and get this ball rolling again...
    I prefer longer briefs that stimulate the imagination rather than the shorter ones we've had lately, so without further ado:

The Seduction
    Spies use every weapon in their arsenal to try to beguile someone into betraying their country: greed, dissatisfaction, jealousy, but most of all, lust. The top agent in this 'Secret War' was renowned for ability to convince men to leave their wives, forswear their oaths, and betray their countries, all for the chance of possessing her for just a night. Known only by her code name, The Enchantress, this femme fatale is currently in the midst of her greatest triumph- the seduction of the head of state himself!
    Portray The Enchantress in the act of seducing the head of state- President, Prime Minister, King, Despot... whoever
    Must be female
    Can be any time period
    Difficulty: No nudity

Vengeance Shall Be Mine
    Boudica was queen of the British Iceni tribe, a Celtic tribe who led an uprising against the occupying forces of the Roman Empire.
    Boudica's husband Prasutagus was ruler of the Iceni tribe, who had ruled as a nominally independent ally of Rome, and had left his kingdom jointly to his daughters and the Roman Emperor in his will. However, when he died, his will was ignored and the kingdom was annexed as if conquered. Boudica was flogged, her daughters were raped, and Roman financiers called in their loans.
    In AD 60 or 61, while the Roman governor Gaius Suetonius Paulinus was leading a campaign on the island of Anglesey off the northwest coast of Wales, Boudica led the Iceni as well as the Trinovantes and others in revolt. They destroyed Camulodunum—a settlement for discharged Roman soldiers, as well as the site of a temple to the former Emperor Claudius.

Boudica was an actual historical figure and this summary came from Wikipedia.
    Depict Boudica at the moment she swears vengeance against the Romans. Remember in depicting her that this woman is a Celtic queen who saw her husband buried, her daughters raped, her people conquered, and who was herself flogged- all by her allies. Show without words or captions that she is swearing an oath to seek vengeance against the Roman Empire.
    You can find more information about Boudica here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boudica

IT LIVES!
    They called him mad. The university expelled him for what they called his 'perverse grotesqueries' The simpletons in town mocked him when he ventured among them for supplies. But now, it will be his turn to laugh. Now it is they who will be driven out of their homes and know the shame of running in fear. For at long last his experiments are complete. After years of sacrifice and toil in his grandfather's derelict estate, after countless heartbreaking failures and shattered hopes, deep within this inanimate mass which he crafted with painstaking care, there has just been a tremor. A flexing- an expansion and contraction. Inside what was once lifeless matter there was a movement. A small beat of what in anything else would be considered a heart.
    They would no longer call him mad. They would now call him God, for he had created life!

-Einstein

www.wolvescomic.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Out of the 3 stories in the post above me, "Vengeance Shall Be Mine" is my favorite one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Guys ,
    how to subscribe and participate at the IOW?.
    thanks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm not sure how the new format will shape up but here are some additional ideas I had:
    Lancelot saves Guinevere: After the discovery of their affair King Arthur is honor-bound to have his wife executed for her infidelity. Lancelot must fight his way through his former brother in arms to save her from a death sentence.

Sunrise in the Hermitage

The Sword Is Forged: The grand forges in the shadow of The Jagged Mountains have worked for months without end forging Lightbringer, the sword destined to be wielded by the true hero and end the reign of Svargoth the Vicious. The sword has been beaten, and forged. folded and refolded until it is nearly the perfect weapon- a sword that might cut down God himself. As the final blows are struck the unbelievable happens...

Chaos In The Wizard's School: It is the nightmare of every new teacher. Class seems to be going well, the students are attentive, the lecture is done, and the practice begins. It begins with a small mistake and becomes complicated by an over reaction. Laughter and mockery, carelessness and foolishness compound the problem until what began as a simple mistake has snowballed into a major disaster. The class has dissolved into chaos with no foreseeable way of restoring order. It is every teachers nightmare, but how much worse when the students are wizards in training.

Chinese America It has been theorized that the Chinese discovered America before Columbus. However they made no lasting settlement and whether they even arrived in North America is a matter of debate. How different would the world be if China had established colonies in the Americas? Imagine a major scene from US history if the Chinese had settled the US instead of Europeans

-Einstein

www.wolvescomic.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    im definitely going to be painting an alien nursery

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Members who have read this thread: 74