Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Woah, loads of new updates here! I feel lazy. Love watching your thumbnail process. Nice colours there too. LOVE the floaty woman. She turned out quite well. I keep seeing bright colours behind her like she's dancing inside a vortex of positive energy (exploding cloud like shapes stemming from a center).

Nice work!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Pryminista For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Whirly - Thanks! I hope so!!

sin eater - Thanks a lot! I WILL KEEP THIS GOING SO LONG AS I CAN.

Psychobuddy - Thanks, I will! =D

Mr.Pryminista - Thanks! She's not quite done and I think I need something to ground her on the page, so I might try putting something like that behind her. =D

Today was not super useful, but I did do this study? Did a study from the same picture a year ago (it's on the first page of the SB) and I wanted to check my progress. Main differences seem to be that everything is more solid and blended, I'm getting the hang of how rocks work, and I've figured out that using a textured brush to paint water is a really dumb idea.

[REF]
    Attachment 1517606

Thanks
    I'm selfishly gonna ask you to keep it going so I can keep coming back here and feel shamed into practice. Damn, girl. I've been gone like 2 months and you've already gotten way better.

Beautiful stuff, Rev.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to littlebones For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Nice progress on the floaty girl! I really like her skin tones. Also, your studies are looking great. Very vibrant, yet natural, colors.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Shadow Stalker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey, if there's anybody not listening to the Ninja Mountain Podcast, you ought to be! I've been following for a couple of years, but I've been re-listening to their back catalogue in order again over the past week or so; it's some super inspiring stuff. It's also great background noise while working.

littlebones - Heh, I'll keep it going regardless. =) Thanks a lot! I wish I could offer some advice, but the best I got is "crippling fear of failure is a good motivator, sometimes", which isn't particularly uplifting?

Shadow Stalker - Thank you! I was playing with some more intense skintones.

I was having kind of a Bad Art Day, where all the in-progress stuff I was poking at was only getting worse, so I gave up, went to the gym, came back, and started something new. I'll probably take this one to final after doing an armor study or two; armor still confounds me. Also can't shake the feeling I've somehow ripped this off from somewhere, but it's such a common composition, who knows.

Attachment 1518284

Did a ton of Drawing Script gestures, as well. I added in some of the Athletics ones; not a fan of the loose clothing obscuring the torso, but they make for some interesting dynamic poses at times.

Attachment 1518283

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Revidescent For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Those are nice figure studies. Sorry to hear about bad art day. It happens. The piece you started is not all that bad but, like you mentioned, it is a very common composition. Nice colours in there though. You can always come back once you feel more inspired.

PS: Thanks for introducing me to Drawing Script. Awesome resource!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Pryminista For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mr.Pryminista - Thanks, man. Another bad art day, alas. As you say, it happens. Glad to introduce someone new to Drawing Script, I never know if the compulsive linking is worth it, or if everybody knows about it already. =D

Posting for yesterday, though it's more a token offering than anything. The Buskers Festival is in town this weekend, so I went out to draw some busking by the lake. It... did not go great? This is literally the only sketch I liked. Yep, a one-minute observational doodle is all you're getting.

This is a case where I'm torn between my self-imposed daily posting mandate, and the fact that sometimes my sketches are going to suck, but I should be okay with that and not obligated to put all my awkward learning experiences on display.

Attachment 1519361

Thanks
    Making up for yesterday's (or this morning's, technically) sad offering. Did some stuff.

This may be the final for this one, but I'd like to get some opinions - I obviously took it in a different direction at the last possible second, because I thought it would be more interesting than what I'd planned originally, but I'm not sure if adding three additional light sources at the last possible second is something I can actually get away with. How's this look to you guys? Good? Bad? Ugly?

Attachment 1519690

Similarly, this is finished-ISH, but I'm trying to figure out just how much refinement all the guys in the back need. I want to keep them loose, but they're almost certainly too loose at the moment.

Attachment 1519694

Finally, gestures, because gestures. Drawing Script, Athletics/Male/Female, 60sec/90sec.

Attachment 1519696

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Revidescent For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I do love the lighting in the floating girl painting! Great details in her garments!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to kjylee For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Wow, the girl in the last post is amazing, i love her pose and the colours. keep up the good work, cant wait to see more from you!
    DeviantART // My Sketchbook
    If you have the time please show me some love and +watch or come by and check out my progress and crit me!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaik For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    kjylee - Thanks a lot! =D

Jaik - Thank you very much, I will!

Armor study. It took a lot of willpower not to turn it into a hair study, because I could just paint hair all the time and I would be happy, but no, just roughed it in. Maybe 3 or 4 hours.

[REF] - Awesome lady!

Attachment 1520451

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Revidescent For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    That Knight study is marvellous. Her hair is gorgeous.
    Free for commissioned work

23. The Following User Says Thank You to MeteorCat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ah damn, its always so inspiring watching this thread, that last one is simply awesome! and love the floating lady too, nice colors and design

25. The Following User Says Thank You to rumpenstiltzkin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    MeteorCat - Thank you! And that was after trying not to spend too much time on the hair, too. I just like hair too much. D:

rumpenstiltzkin - Thank you so much! I'm workin' hard. =D

Had an extremely unfocused day; made minute progress on a whole bunch of things, and was left with nothing with enough progress to actually post. Here's a couple of 15 minute photo studies, I guess.

Attachment 1521260

Thanks
    Yes, this is VERY FEW gestures.

I am so out of the groove, tomorrow had better be better.

Attachment 1521802

Thanks
    I lent out my Sandman collection over two years ago, and after making the rounds of friends and friends of friends, I've finally got it back. Aaaand that's my excuse for today. I mean, I couldn't NOT reread it.

(Oh god tomorrow had better be productive. I will go nuts if it isn't.)

(But seriously, there are few stories in any medium that I love more than Sandman.)

Attachment 1522632

Thanks
    Woo! I just finished The Wake yesterday (my 8th or so time reading through them! )

Really nice fan art Rev!

If you haven't already check out Lucifer, the spin off written by Mike Cary. Its starts off slowly but its really good!
    -----------------------------------------
    My Website!
    http://www.whirlydesign.com

My Artstation
    https://www.artstation.com/artist/whirly

My Sketchbook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...234403&page=10

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Whirly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Whirly - Thanks! Yeah, I've probably read Sandman about that many times now. =) Never gets old. I should read more Lucifer, I've read some at random, but my roommate's started to collect it...

Hey, remember this guy? How is he /still not done/? ALMOST THERE.

I originally uploaded a version with the staff painted out completely, and while it was hilarious, I think I'm going to use the one with the temporary placeholder staff. Though this pose with just, like, a wand in his hand is pretty funny.

Thanks
    2-minute hands off Drawing Script. Man, this has been a bad week for art, serious slump going on. It'll pass! Always does.

Attachment 1523833

Thanks
    These are really awesome. I'm still pretty new to this site and hope to upload my own artwork sometimes, but this is really cool to look at.
    I think you should try to explore more things to draw, mechs, sci-fi, enviornments outside of earth, figures outside of human? maybe? it's up to you XD

So you got the gesture and the figures down pretty well. It could be easier for you or a challenge to create non human characters.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Yakovlev For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ah always love your figures alot!
    the mage guy looks cool! im just wondering if the lower arm isnt a bit short?

36. The Following User Says Thank You to rumpenstiltzkin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Gah, I leave a year and there's 14 pages to catch up on! Fantastic stuff (and a kick in the ass to work as hard as you)
    a;lskgnsldfsldg
    Sketchbook

Tumblr / Blogspot

Website

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuked Tofu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks for comments! I will respond tomorrow because it's 6 AM oh god.

Ref from here, this is kind of awful, must get out of this slump somehow.

Attachment 1524535

Thanks
    Hey Rev, just give it a bit. You know slumps are temporary and you'll bust out of it like a jet breaking through the sound barrier. I always find slumps happen right before That Moment happens where you suddenly find yourself one step higher than you were before, like magic.

Thank you for that ref, by the way.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to littlebones For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Wow, great updates! The final on #429 is fantastic. Really, really great job on the rendering, pose, and anatomy. The clothing is great and her expression is really well done. My only comment would be to focus a little more on where the skirt meets her waist. It looks a little too sloppy, and gives it a strange appearance. Perhaps if you made a slim gold band around the top (similar to the vest trim?) of the skirt?

Lovely hand studies and the other mage guy is coming along nicely.

Thanks
    Aaahhh so many lovely updates. Again I love seeing what you come up with in terms of color though. I loveeee that red-headed girl up top, though its a bit difficult to tell what's going on since the light sources are so light and they're against a white background.

Keep it up! I'm sure you'll break through your slump soon enough, I know how it feels, I've been dealing with it myself lately so all these updates are pretty inspiring. c:

Thanks
    Mike Yakovlev - Thanks! Get your art up, man, it's useful. =) You're right, I need to work on a whole lot of different stuff... right now I'm in portfolio-building mode, so I'm focusing on showing that I can do the stuff I know I can do, if that makes sense; once I'm out of that phase, it'll be time to work on some of those many subjects I've got no clue about.

rumpenstiltzkin - Thanks, you're probably right about his arm - I've moved that arm like a dozen times now, and the length and angle still never looks quite right.

Nuked Tofu - Thank you! There are so many people here who work waaaaay harder than I do, gotta push more. D:

littlebones - Yeah, just gotta work through it... I haven't had a really bad slump like this in at least a couple of years, and I wish it hadn't hit when I was in a timecrunch to get a whole lot of important stuff done. You're right, though, slumps tend to come before a big breakthrough, and thanks for the reminder. It's hard to keep pushing sometimes. =)

Shadow Stalker - Thank you! Hrm, now that you mention it, I think you're right about her skirt - I'll have to go back and fix that.

Sapphirelullaby - Heh, the lightsources on the redhead were kind of a stupid last-minute swap from the original plan, and like a week later I still can't decide if I got away with it or not. =) (...I will take this as a vote towards 'no'.) Good luck breaking out of your slump! WE HAVE THE POWER.

Another tiny crop of Drawing Script gestures. I drew some other stuff that was too awful to upload. Been another one of those days. One of those weeks, I guess. Monday tomorrow, hopefully I can finally start fresh and shake this off.

Attachment 1525188

Thanks
    Your little figure studies have a clear understanding of the subject matter but broken down into simple shapes and gestures, I absolutely love it! I would love to see more of these!

46. The Following User Says Thank You to viki oh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Lol I wish my artistic slumps looked like yours. Nevertheless I think your stuff is fantastic. I am a fan of the environments I have seen.

48. The Following User Says Thank You to Pete Hidalgo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    viki oh - Thanks, I really need to do those more often.

Pete Hidalgo - Thanks, man. Environments, another thing I really need to do; nearly all the ones in here are photo studies. D:

Finally drew something I kind of liked - forgot to post yesterday, but this is from last night/this morning; consider it yesterday's daily post.

I've got a few pics of this guy around here, but he's cleaned up a little.

Attachment 1526119

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast